There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Talamati/Msutlu Pride

Friarfan619 Offline

Not personally looking comedy or sarcasm from guides but honestly only clicked to see Khanya. Painted dog YouTube channel has timestamps that come in clutch.

NLAL11 Offline

(04-14-2024, 11:10 AM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 10:08 AM)KM600 Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 05:21 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Wildearth calling Khanya Samuel now SMH??

The guide was joking around

James is a very hilarious and sarcastic person and some people don’t catch that humor right away.

James wanted to name the 3 avoca brothers after kinds of avocado. The land the avoca pride is on was apparently an old avocado farm. 
I always found that hilarious!
Side note why don’t they call him Khanya? He should still be the talamati boy since when he left the talamati pride was still intact. 
At least he’s a great solo survivor and I hope he finds a coalition mate.

I like James as well, was good to see him back doing lion segments again. Was hilarious when he was calling the young Talamati girl the 'tortoise killer'.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the name 'Khanya' comes from online - Facebook or somewhere - it's not his official name. Yeah it's weird though that he gets called the Msuthlu male.
2 users Like NLAL11's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 05:36 PM by KM600 )

(04-14-2024, 04:52 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 05:21 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Wildearth calling Khanya Samuel now SMH??

James is a very hilarious and sarcastic person and some people don’t catch that humor right away.

James wanted to name the 3 avoca brothers after kinds of avocado. The land the avoca pride is on was apparently an old avocado farm. 
Side note why don’t they call him Khanya? He should still be the talamati boy since when he left the talamati pride was still intact. 

I like James as well, was good to see him back doing lion segments again. Was hilarious when he was calling the young Talamati girl the 'tortoise killer'.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the name 'Khanya' comes from online - Facebook or somewhere - it's not his official name. Yeah it's weird though that he gets called the Msuthlu male.

I heard it come from Facebook too. Like u said it’s not his official name, but I’ve heard Cedric refer to him as both the Talamati male and at times Khanya. 

I think James just gets confused with the lions as he doesn’t spend as much time with them, I remember the other day he couldn’t remember how the Talamati breakaway was formed hence him calling Khanya the Msutlu male. Pretty sure every other guide refers to him as the Talamati male tho.
2 users Like KM600's post

NLAL11 Offline

(04-14-2024, 05:36 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 04:52 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:

I heard it come from Facebook too. Like u said it’s not his official name, but I’ve heard Cedric refer to him as both the Talamati male and at times Khanya. 

I think James just gets confused with the lions as he doesn’t spend as much time with them, I remember the other day he couldn’t remember how the Talamati breakaway was formed hence him calling Khanya the Msutlu male. Pretty sure every other guide refers to him as the Talamati male tho.

Ah fair, I hadn't heard Cedric use the name but I don't exactly watch every segment. If they named the Talamati lioness that indicates they're not completely divorced from naming lions.

Yeah he's more of a leopard guy, by his own admission. I'm pretty sure it's mainly channels on YT that call him the Msuthlu male.
3 users Like NLAL11's post

5 users Like KM600's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Talamati boy not sure if recent
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
2 users Like Friarfan619's post

(7 hours ago)Friarfan619 Wrote: Talamati boy not sure if recent

Might have been taken a few days ago but very recent
2 users Like KM600's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(6 hours ago)KM600 Wrote:

That's Khanya, right? Why does his mane look so much darker?

( This post was last modified: 4 hours ago by KM600 )

(5 hours ago)BA0701 Wrote:

His appearance has really changed since coming back, not only does he look a lil bulkier to me but his mane has darkened too. One of the rare cases where his endeavours in KNP has done him good.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(4 hours ago)KM600 Wrote:

His appearance has really changed since coming back, not only does he look a lil bulkier to me but his mane has darkened too. One of the rare cases where his endeavours in KNP has done him good.
He is obviously feeding himself well. His mane just looks so much darking in this picture, than it did even just a couple of weeks ago, when he was with the Nkuhumas. Might be the lighting in the image, too. But, you are definitely right, often we see males return from Kruger in worse condition, be it from pressures or conflict with other males, etc... but even though something really bad happened there with his brother, he returned in great shape.

United States T_Ferguson Offline
( This post was last modified: 3 hours ago by T_Ferguson )

(4 hours ago)BA0701 Wrote:

He is obviously feeding himself well. His mane just looks so much darking in this picture, than it did even just a couple of weeks ago, when he was with the Nkuhumas. Might be the lighting in the image, too. But, you are definitely right, often we see males return from Kruger in worse condition, be it from pressures or conflict with other males, etc... but even though something really bad happened there with his brother, he returned in great shape.
Are we sure what happened with his brother happened in Kruger?  I remember reading a theory that what happened with Dark Mane could have been Gijimas.  Maybe I am off base again.  So many conversations lately.  Grin
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 3 hours ago by BA0701 )

(3 hours ago)T_Ferguson Wrote:

Are we sure what happened with his brother happened in Kruger?  I remember reading a theory that what happened with Dark Mane could have been Gijimas.  Maybe I am off base again.  So many conversations lately.  Grin
Oh, I am absolutely NOT sure of what happened to his brother, as we never heard anything solid. So, at this point, it is all just speculation. While, I did read what you are referring to, with the Gijimas, and that approach does make a lot of valid points, and is likely the closest thing we've seen yet to what may have happened. Mine was a more generalized comment, than anything based on concrete evidence, which we are currently thoroughly lacking. Apologies if I have caused any further confusion for anyone.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(3 hours ago)BA0701 Wrote:

Oh, I am absolutely NOT sure of what happened to his brother, as we never heard anything solid. So, at this point, it is all just speculation. While, I did read what you are referring to, with the Gijimas, and that approach does make a lot of valid points, and is likely the closest thing we've seen yet to what may have happened. Mine was a more generalized comment, than anything based on concrete evidence, which we are currently thoroughly lacking. Apologies if I have caused any further confusion for anyone.

Gotcha... the quotes are posting weird all of the sudden.  I guess we'll see.  I'd love to find a world where we can bring all the lonely boys that lost partners together.  Grin
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(3 hours ago)BA0701 Wrote:

Gotcha... the quotes are posting weird all of the sudden.  I guess we'll see.  I'd love to find a world where we can bring all the lonely boys that lost partners together.  Grin
Yeah, I have mentioned it to our Webmaster, @sanjay