There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Talamati/Msutlu Pride

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Last talamati breakaway lioness

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(09-15-2023, 01:59 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Last talamati breakaway lioness

I hope that girl takes care of herself, she should be very cautious of everything in the bush, so many relying on her.
5 users Like BA0701's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

Worth mentioning the elder Talamati lioness who was briefly with S8 and the breakaways has apparently separated from them, wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to rejoin the original Talamatis but they’re obviously down South.
2 users Like KM600's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(09-15-2023, 02:08 AM)KM600 Wrote: Worth mentioning the elder Talamati lioness who was briefly with S8 and the breakaways has apparently separated from them, wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to rejoin the original Talamatis but they’re obviously down South.

She wasn’t w the breakaways but w the Imbali Pride. But yes, today seen alone.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tylermartin! Offline

(09-15-2023, 07:51 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 02:08 AM)KM600 Wrote: Worth mentioning the elder Talamati lioness who was briefly with S8 and the breakaways has apparently separated from them, wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to rejoin the original Talamatis but they’re obviously down South.

She wasn’t w the breakaways but w the Imbali Pride.   But yes, today seen alone.

Can we name her I hate calling her silver eyes sister she deserves a name
1 user Likes Tylermartin!'s post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

She wasn’t w the breakaways but w the Imbali Pride.   But yes, today seen alone.

I thought I might have missed something, I knew of the Imbali co-mingling just not the breakaway one, glad you clarified it.

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Tylermartin!

What would you like to call her? I'd offer that we could call her divot, for her tail. Of course anything we used would be entirely unofficial. Only @Tonpa is currently granted official naming privileges.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Hahaha
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Tylermartin! Offline

(09-15-2023, 10:40 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Hahaha

?

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(09-15-2023, 09:24 AM)Tylermartin! Wrote:

I think of her as Nana/Grandma booboo tail. She got that tail injury so long ago! I believe she and dark mane got beat up by hyenas. The end of her tail was floppy for awhile and I thought she was for sure going to lose it. What amazing healing abilities they have!
1 user Likes GhostCatP-22's post

Mwk85 Offline

Old Talamati lioness with members of the Nkuhuma Pride on a buffalo kill 

8 users Like Mwk85's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Wonder how many of her teeth she still has, looks like she's struggling to open the carcass and wants to move to the front where the Nkuhumas are

4 users Like Tonpa's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(09-15-2023, 10:09 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

I thought I might have missed something, I knew of the Imbali co-mingling just not the breakaway one, glad you clarified it.

There was a report that she was very close proximity of the Talamati Breakaways and S8 but they never joined. Days afterwards she was seen among a few members of the Imbalis in very poor shape. They allowed her to feed and she recovered and stayed among them from what seemed a month. Until yesterday when seen roaming solo. This morning she pulled a wonky eye and was seen feeding among the Nkuhumas. If they continue to allow her presence she could do well since we know they’re phenomenal hunters
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

3 users Like Tonpa's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(09-16-2023, 04:29 AM)Tonpa Wrote:

Can see some darkness coming thru the lesser-maned male, good to see.
1 user Likes KM600's post