There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Styx Pride

Romania Cath2020 Offline

So multiple Styx are now new moms!  Those Ndzenga daughters sure do mature quickly! The oldest ones are 3 years 7 mo. at the most! So must have given birth 3.6 years or younger!
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Did anybody even notice any of them expecting?! I missed that completely.

Ttimemarti Offline

Hmmm so my thing is I think when females are left by their fathers early on and new males come and don’t kill them then they will try to mate sooner than most look at the talamati and kambula females What 5 years old when they started to give birth Not these southern and Styx girls on their own for longer periods of time and now othawas tsalala was a little different since she was alone

Romania Cath2020 Offline

I'm thinking that it's not the norm....either because of the Ndzenga blood that runs in their veins, OR there is something attractive about the Gijima Males to them!  In addition, the Talamati lionesses did decide to seek out new territory and then settle with the males shortly afterwards, albeit they were a bit older... However, the Styx are not 'officially' under the Gijimas, at least that is what I thought!  The Styx are actively deciding to trust these males and breed immediately with them, yet we rarely saw these males hang out a lot with them.  This we know because the young Styx Male was more often with his sisters and still not driven away in a takeover bid by the Gijimas!  This is a VERY interesting twist.  How this will play out for the newborn cubs, I wonder.... Their own matriarch, the B'ham daughter, probably lost a couple of litters with the males, and this last one, which we saw were 3, have not been seen since that one sighting..... Hmmm, if she cannot manage to raise offspring with the males, then I don't have very high expectations for the much younger lionesses.

Go131810 Offline

(08-22-2024, 03:02 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: I'm thinking that it's not the norm....either because of the Ndzenga blood that runs in their veins, OR there is something attractive about the Gijima Males to them!  In addition, the Talamati lionesses did decide to seek out new territory and then settle with the males shortly afterwards, albeit they were a bit older... However, the Styx are not 'officially' under the Gijimas, at least that is what I thought!  The Styx are actively deciding to trust these males and breed immediately with them, yet we rarely saw these males hang out a lot with them.  This we know because the young Styx Male was more often with his sisters and still not driven away in a takeover bid by the Gijimas!  This is a VERY interesting twist.  How this will play out for the newborn cubs, I wonder.... Their own matriarch, the B'ham daughter, probably lost a couple of litters with the males, and this last one, which we saw were 3, have not been seen since that one sighting..... Hmmm, if she cannot manage to raise offspring with the males, then I don't have very high expectations for the much younger lionesses.

Wouldn’t the Styxt lioness be the reason the Gijima male lions and the Nukhulu male lions.

Ttimemarti Offline

As of right now I think floppy ear is somewhere up north with k12 the exact location I don’t know but I believe they are still together
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Maybe the Gijimas are just build different so the subadults like Southern and Styx females decided to mate with him lol.

I mean the Msuthu pride did pick them as their pride males after trying literally every single other dominant male at the time, from S8 to PCM to Ndhzengas, but ultimately chose Gijimas and they only got pregnant from Gijimas despite mating multiple times with other males when they were already over 4yo.

Ttimemarti Offline

No everything just added up the right way if they had been like most males and chased or killed them things would be different but they waited and the younger females reaching 3 years old with other males that aren’t their fathers around made them want to mate a lot quicker I’m assuming same with Styx othawas shoot sassy was what 3 in a half maybe when she gave birth only male that was around was her brother

KM600 Offline

(08-22-2024, 03:02 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: This is a VERY interesting twist.  How this will play out for the newborn cubs, I wonder.... Their own matriarch, the B'ham daughter, probably lost a couple of litters with the males, and this last one, which we saw were 3, have not been seen since that one sighting..... Hmmm, if she cannot manage to raise offspring with the males, then I don't have very high expectations for the much younger lionesses.

Hopefully they fare out better with the help of a pride. This might be why we’ve seen Floppy Ear with K12 and just away from Styx Pride in general, the young females have no reason to stick with him once they start mating with Gijimas.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Styx cubs:

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland NLAL11 Offline

(08-22-2024, 09:20 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Styx cubs:

Amazing. Hopefully the Gijima males do their job and keep this girl and her cubs safe.
3 users Like NLAL11's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Floppy Ear

3 users Like criollo2mil's post