There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Skybed Coalition

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

I have followed the rise of the skybeds with excitement.  Unfortunately, they didn't have much luck and couldn't hold their own. What remains is the fantastic Scar

10 users Like Leo Aslan's post

United States BorntobeWild Online

(04-15-2016, 10:28 PM)Skybed Wrote: @Majingilane @LionKiss

u r welcome I'm glad you guys like the videos :)

Btw I believe the coalition of three resides in the Timbavati Pinic area but I'm not certain abt the coalition of six. Perhaps @Majingilane may have a clue on their territorial boundaries.

I have noticed that recent videos of the coalition of six only includes four members so I am eager to find out what happened to the other two.

I heard that Timbavati is open to trophy hunting. I just hope that the other two didn't fall victim to those murderous acts.

Btw I love to see the photos of the recent meet up between the brothers. @LionKiss it would be great if u can manage to find them and post it for all to see thks!

I am learning the history of Skybed coalition. Is Timbavati still open to trophy hunting?
3 users Like BorntobeWild's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-16-2022, 03:32 AM)东方琳琅STD Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 10:28 PM)Skybed Wrote: @Majingilane @LionKiss

u r welcome I'm glad you guys like the videos :)

Btw I believe the coalition of three resides in the Timbavati Pinic area but I'm not certain abt the coalition of six. Perhaps @Majingilane may have a clue on their territorial boundaries.

I have noticed that recent videos of the coalition of six only includes four members so I am eager to find out what happened to the other two.

I heard that Timbavati is open to trophy hunting. I just hope that the other two didn't fall victim to those murderous acts.

Btw I love to see the photos of the recent meet up between the brothers. @LionKiss it would be great if u can manage to find them and post it for all to see thks!

I am learning the history of Skybed coalition. Is Timbavati still open to trophy hunting?

The Practice is outlawed in timbavati.   No legal hunting is permitted
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 06:33 AM by afortich )

Last breath of male lions, Skybed-Scar at minute 3.

6 users Like afortich's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

1/2 "other" Skybed sons (not the one who is in Mluwati Concession) :

Photo credits : Big On Wild

*This image is copyright of its original author
11 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 06:31 PM by Tonpa )

Is it known what prides the skybed sons were born in to?
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-09-2023, 06:30 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Is it known what prides the skybed sons were born in to?

1 who is in Mluwati Concession, was born with his ex brother in a pride around Talamati Bushveld Camp.

As for this 2, no idea, somewhere east from Kruger, Skybeds territory was massive at their peak.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

1/2 skybed males son.

12 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Of all 9 skybed males, this one was the tallest and longest bodied. He was also the last one to die.

8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

The last Skybed male in 2019

7 users Like Mdz123's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2023, 11:45 AM by DARK MANE )

Throwback image of scar skybed.
7 users Like DARK MANE's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I know this video was very likely shared already:

But I wanted to point out how huge this yonger/shorter-maned Skybed is at around 1:00

The walks in front of the huge fully-maned Scar and makes him look like a lioness.

One of, or maybe even the largest lion of Skybed bloodline?
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I also wonder if there're more photos of this barbary-looking SKybed male:

His mane covers almost his entire body, I'd never seen anything like this in the wild.
5 users Like Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-31-2023, 11:00 AM)Mapokser Wrote: One of, or maybe even the largest lion of Skybed bloodline?

Thats last Skybed makes, last seen in late 2019 in Manyeleti , with pride and 2 sons (1 of which is now in Mluwati Concession and takeover Imbali pride).
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

If this is recent, then both Skybed sons are still alive

9 users Like Mdz123's post