There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Size comparisons

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

*This image is copyright of its original author
nicks_adventures_bolivia-

Two amazing examples of the conservation success of our partner project San Miguelito Jaguar Reserve. The only certified Jaguar friendly Ranch in Bolivia.

Dont forget about Bolivia. We hope after the virus people come and visit. We and and wildlife depend on it.
4 users Like Rage2277's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

4 users Like Pckts's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 04-26-2020, 05:21 AM by GuateGojira )

Large predators of India (Including the Sloth bear):

As you know, I am updating the comparative images that I have with more information. In this case I present the comparative image of the co-predators and competitors of the tiger in the Indian subcontinent. Some one could tell me that the sloth bear did not eat meat, but been honest is the only form that I could include it. So, apart from that detail, here is the new comparative image:

While the information of the Bengal tiger, the Asian lion, the Indian wolf and the Dhole is the same, the data for the Indian leopard and the sloth bear is new. So save it for future references. For any doubt or new information that we an use, fell free to ask or to share the information. Specific information is the small letters, so my advice is the read the letter with the image enlarged.

By the way, here is the updated comparison between the Amur tiger and the Amur brown bear (post 91): https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-russian...ars?page=7

Greetings to all. Happy
16 users Like GuateGojira's post

United States Sauron Offline
Banned

I absolutely adore your size charts. Wonderful, artful, and informative.
2 users Like Sauron's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

5 users Like Pckts's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Sub-adult, female and male leopard skull

5 users Like Luipaard's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Enzo tiger and Bradshaw lion side by side at the back of the bears trying their pool for the first time at BJWT. 

3 users Like Balam's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 03:01 AM by Pckts )

(04-24-2020, 02:39 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote: Enzo tiger and Bradshaw lion side by side at the back of the bears trying their pool for the first time at BJWT. 

I love Enzo and his brother Basho, both are beautiful Tigers but obviously not too big.
Even Bradshaws girl is taller than Enzo in frame.
Bradshaw is a big, beautiful lion too.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 04:55 AM by Rage2277 )

basho and enzo are below average..tigress nicole is bigger than both they're well built though
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(04-24-2020, 04:54 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: basho and enzo are below average..tigress nicole is bigger than both they're well built though

In the video he says Enzo is big, which he clearly is, there's no reason why a captive Bengal that is well taken care of would be bellow average, he just isn't tall compared to other big cats there like the lions, but he is robust and slightly longer in the body, which is the usual lion/tiger size differences.

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 06:54 PM by Rage2277 )

(04-24-2020, 05:53 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 04:54 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: basho and enzo are below average..tigress nicole is bigger than both they're well built though

In the video he says Enzo is big, which he clearly is, there's no reason why a captive Bengal that is well taken care of would be bellow average, he just isn't tall compared to other big cats there like the lions, but he is robust and slightly longer in the body, which is the usual lion/tiger size differences.

wild tigers tend to be bigger than the captive ones enzo and basho would look like tigresses next to a tiger like jamuntola and he's not even the biggest..enzo and basho have small frames for male bengals

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Basho and Enzo are not impressive in terms of physical frame, but they seems heavy.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(04-24-2020, 05:53 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote:

Wild Bengals are way larger and also there technically is no such thing as a pure bred Bengal in N. America.
Basho and Enzo are both smaller framed Tigers regardless, Alcyone is a larger one for comparison.
Vanessa (forget her last name) gave me a list of their largest Tigers a while back. But in general, BJWTs lions are larger than his Tigers.
But keep in mind that "Bengal Tigers" show a huge variety even within their own species. From the Sunderbans to the hills of the Himalayas and everywhere in between.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 11:19 PM by Rishi )

(04-19-2020, 11:11 AM)GuateGojira Wrote: Large predators of India (Including the Sloth bear):

Sloth bears scavange, like most bear species, so you're good on that.
My only issue is that Asiatic lion's photo is from 2006... You should update it with the newer males. 

Standing?.. 

3 users Like Rishi's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 11:19 PM by Rishi )

(04-24-2020, 08:53 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 11:11 AM)GuateGojira Wrote: Large predators of India (Including the Sloth bear):

Sloth bears scavange, like most bear species, so you're good on that.
My only issue is that Asiatic lion's photo is from 2006... You should update it with the newer males. 

Standing?.. 

Those lions are beautiful!!! I am going to use the first one, I love it! Happy
1 user Likes GuateGojira's post