There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions related to problems you faced while using WildFact

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(10-07-2019, 07:22 AM)Roberto Wrote: i am trying to send private messages but i cant, it says i have to delete old messages, so i deleted them all, both the inbox and the sent messages. But i still cant send, the same message appears. How to fix this?

Clean the "Trash can" in your inbox too. Otherwise they're still there.
*This image is copyright of its original author
1 user Likes Rishi's post

United States Roberto Offline
Banned

thanks Rishi. 

Banned
( This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 12:29 AM by Roberto )

why every time i post a link in this forum it does not work? Here is an example: the link is not clickable, happens with all the links though.

https://books.google.com.au/books?dq=the+front+and+back+leg+bones+of+polar+bears+are+denser+than+grizzlies&hl=en&id=aouJPNt1P4gC&lpg=PT34&ots=C9bqEOt9TV&pg=PT34&sa=X&sig=mM5K9chL6f-3368JTO3z9PUixX0&source=bl&ved=0ahUKEwj3i_z0xJHaAhVW9WMKHS7nBn4Q6AEIWjAI#v=onepage&q&f=false

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(10-20-2019, 12:29 AM)Roberto Wrote: why every time i post a link in this forum it does not work? Here is an example: the link is not clickable, happens with all the links though.

https://books.google.com.au/books?dq=the+front+and+back+leg+bones+of+polar+bears+are+denser+than+grizzlies&hl=en&id=aouJPNt1P4gC&lpg=PT34&ots=C9bqEOt9TV&pg=PT34&sa=X&sig=mM5K9chL6f-3368JTO3z9PUixX0&source=bl&ved=0ahUKEwj3i_z0xJHaAhVW9WMKHS7nBn4Q6AEIWjAI#v=onepage&q&f=false

I tried now, let´s see....

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

I just use copy paste and links come just fine. Like that one which you tried. Do you modify font or something? I don´t know what that problem is, but when I share a link, I just copy the link and then paste it. Working always.

@sanjay would be the best person to give an answer if you do same way and not working out.
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Banned
( This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 07:22 PM by Roberto )

Thanks Shadow. I think i have to post the link first, then change the letter size, otherwise the link wont work.

https://books.google.com.au/books?dq=the...&q&f=false
2 users Like Roberto's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Link copied should not be modified, or use link button above to get modified text as link

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-09-2019, 11:59 AM by Rishi )

Thanks for reporting. Thread cleaned up. 

@Roberto You are on the Watchlist indefinitely for harassment & posting content that are in violation of forum rules. As long as it happens here, the Mods will have to interfere. Everyone please keep all your personal squabbles off Wildfact.
3 users Like Rishi's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-12-2019, 09:21 PM by peter )

ON THE CONSEQUENCES OF JOINING OTHER FORUMS AND DEPOSITING THE RESULTS OF FLAME WARS AT WILDFACT

a - Flame wars

Some members of Wildfact post at other forums using a different name. In most of these forums, the main dish isn't information, but a versus-debate of some kind. 

Experience says debates of this nature often result in problems. Not seldom, these results turn up at unexpected places. Like Wildfact. We've seen it more than once. The list is quite long. So long, we decided to act. 

b - Decision 1 

After, again, investing time in solving problems between posters involved in (flame) wars started elsewhere, the owners and mods of Wildfact decided to inform the members of Wildfact about the consequences of indulging in crap elsewhere and transferring the results to this forum (Wildfact).   

From now on (November 11, 2019), members depositing the results of wars started elsewhere at Wildfact will be banned for a month no matter what. A repetition will result in a permanent ban. 

c - Warning

According to the forum rules, bans have to be preceded by a warning. This post can be considered as a warning.    

d - Proceedings 

A few days ago, a new member called Roberto decided to go to war with another member of Wildfact in this thread. The war was a continuation of a flame war initiated elsewhere. The intention of Roberto was to discredit Kingtheropod in order to get him banned. Roberto knew he violated the rules and, for this reason, expected to get banned himself as well.  

We, however, decided one wrong wouldn't result in a ban right away. Both members got a warning. Furthermore, all posts considered as a result of the war were deleted.

Encouraged by the non-ban, Roberto, a day later, decided to try his luck in the department of using quotes taken out of context (referring to posts of one of the co-owners on tigers and bears in the Russian Far East) in order to underline a number of preconceived ideas. Although he was extensively informed about the limited scope of quotes used outside their context, Roberto decided to ignore the message. Meaning his alter-ego 'Pablo' got the better of him. One of the disadvantages of using multiple aliases is a loss of overview. Not seldom, it results in a loss of control as well.          

e - Decision 2

On November 11 2019, the mods of Wildfact proposed to ban Roberto. The proposal was adopted by all. His adversary, Kingtheropod, got a warning for indulging in crap and transferring it to Wildfact. As he promised to stay out of trouble from now on, he was offered another chance. Meaning the one out to discredit him in order to get him banned failed and got a red card himself.  

f - Wildfact  

Wildfact is a forum about the natural world. Our aim is to find and post information about those making their home in the natural world. As they do not a have a voice and we want to prevent misinformation, the information posted has to be both accurate and reliable. More than 13 million views in just over 5 years say this policy is appreciated by many all over the world. 

Anyone able to contribute good information is invited to join. Those interested in something else, like versus-debates and using quotes out of their original contaxt in order to underline preconceived ideas, are adviced to try their luck elsewhere.
4 users Like peter's post

BorneanTiger Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-12-2019, 06:05 PM by BorneanTiger )

(11-12-2019, 12:20 AM)peter Wrote: ON THE CONSEQUENCES OF JOINING OTHER FORUMS AND DEPOSITING THE RESULTS OF FLAME WARS AT WILDFACT

a - Flame wars

Some members of Wildfact post at other forums using a different name. In most of these forums, the main dish isn't information, but a versus-debate of some kind. 

Experience says debates of this nature often result in problems. Not seldom, these results turn up at unexpected places. Like Wildfact. We've seen it more than once. The list is quite long. So long, we decided to act. 

b - Decision 1 

After, again, investing time in solving problems between posters involved in (flame) wars started elsewhere, the owners and mods of Wildfact decided to inform the members of Wildfact about the consequences of indulging in crap elsewhere and transferring the results to this forum (Wildfact).   

From now on (November 11, 2019), members depositing the results of wars started elsewhere at Wildfact will be banned for a month no matter what. A repetition will result in a permanent ban. 

c - Warning

According to the forum rules, bans have to be preceded by a warning. This post can be considered as a warning.    

d - Proceedings 

A few days ago, a new member called Roberto, also known as Deftcat, decided to go to war with another member of Wildfact in this thread. The war was a continuation of a flame war initiated elsewhere. The intention of Roberto was to discredit Kingtheropod in order to get him banned. Roberto knew he violated the rules and, for this reason, expected to get banned himself as well.  

We, however, decided one wrong wouldn't result in a ban right away. Both members got a warning. Furthermore, all posts considered as a result of the war were deleted.

Encouraged by the non-ban, Roberto, a day later, decided to try his luck in the department of using quotes taken out of context (referring to posts of one of the co-owners on tigers and bears in the Russian Far East) in order to underline a number of preconceived ideas. Although he was extensively informed about the limited scope of quotes used outside their context, Roberto decided to ignore the message. Meaning his alter-ego 'Pablo' got the better of him. One of the disadvantages of using multiple aliases is a loss of overview. Not seldom, it results in a loss of control as well.          

e - Decision 2

On November 11 2019, the mods of Wildfact proposed to ban Roberto alias Deftcat. The proposal was adopted by all. His adversary, Kingtheropod, got a warning for indulging in crap and transferring it to Wildfact. As he promised to stay out of trouble from now on, he was offered another chance. Meaning the one out to discredit him in order to get him banned failed and got a red card himself.  

f - Wildfact  

Wildfact is a forum about the natural world. Our aim is to find and post information about those making their home in the natural world. As they do not a have a voice and we want to prevent misinformation, the information posted has to be both accurate and reliable. More than 13 million views in just over 5 years say this policy is appreciated by many all over the world. 

Anyone able to contribute good information is invited to join. Those interested in something else, like versus-debates and using quotes out of their original contaxt in order to underline preconceived ideas, are adviced to try their luck elsewhere.

Actually, Deftcat is Starfox, and Roberto is Pablo (who's a bear fan rather than a cat fan).
2 users Like BorneanTiger's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

Hello mods. There is no reply option on the thread “Predation of adult rhino by Kaziranga tigers”. I wanted to post something on that thread but the reply option doesn’t appear.

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(11-15-2019, 07:03 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: Hello mods. There is no reply option on the thread “Predation of adult rhino by Kaziranga tigers”. I wanted to post something on that thread but the reply option doesn’t appear.

For now write your replies in "Tiger Predation", there are copies of the original posts there. Tag me in all posts that you want moved to that thread. 

For everyone that don't yet have posting access in Premere Section: Request here to join invite only forum 
Tagging @sanjay
2 users Like Rishi's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@Ashutosh you can now post
1 user Likes sanjay's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

Thank you @Rishi and @sanjay.

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@Rishi @sanjay :

Hello mods, how are you ? Your last post " Predation of adult rhino by Kaziranga tigers " is very interesting, but, for me too, impossible to do something else than reading . Could you allow me to   take part in the discussion ?

Thank in advance.
1 user Likes Spalea's post