There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions related to problems you faced while using WildFact

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

The forum isn't opening on desk Computer, I tried to log in for 2 days but the home page wasn't opening with the prior home page link until I found out the only way to get into it was by getting into threads.

New home page link is:

https://wildfact.com/forum/index.php

But by clicking on the ''WildFact'' name on top its still not working at least here.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I think I messed up with something while fixing another thing
Now I have reverted, can you guys please confirm me again?
@peter @Pckts @Balam @Dark Jaguar
2 users Like sanjay's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

It just started working for me now.

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 06:06 AM by peter )

(03-07-2021, 10:15 PM)sanjay Wrote: I think I messed up with something while fixing another thing

When I'm logged in and click on a post or thread, I had and have no problems. The problems start when I want to go back to the home page. Not seldom, I get a message saying I can't return because I was redirected too often. The only way to go back is to click on an icon (of Wildfact) on top of the screen. What I'm doing, I guess, is I'm logging in again. 

About every second time I click on a post or thread, I see a completely blank screen with an ad. I have to click on 'close'. It takes about 4-5 seconds to see the post or thread I want to see. Not seldom, I can't respond. The reason is I was logged out when I clicked on the ad.  

I adapt to the situation by not posting, as I don't want to risk losing a few hours of work. As a result of the new situation, I lost my appetite. I was afraid this would happen when friends urged me to move to Windows-10. In order to earn a few more dollars, tech firms are prepared to go all the way. They're destroying the internet.

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(03-07-2021, 10:15 PM)sanjay Wrote: I think I messed up with something while fixing another thing

Here on Desk/Table computer before it was only working if I clicked at the tiny ''wildfact name'' at top. not at the big ''wildfact name''.

*This image is copyright of its original author

But right now on Desk/Table computer if I click at big ''wildfact name'' its working good.

So now its good for me here.
2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@peter, I disabled some settings in ads, can you confirm if popups ads are still there?
@tigerluver you too?
1 user Likes sanjay's post

United States tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

(03-08-2021, 09:43 PM)sanjay Wrote: @peter, I disabled some settings in ads, can you confirm if popups ads are still there?
@tigerluver you too?

No more popup ads when clicking on a thread for me today!
2 users Like tigerluver's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 01:14 PM by peter )

(03-08-2021, 09:43 PM)sanjay Wrote: @peter, I disabled some settings in ads, can you confirm if popups ads are still there?
@tigerluver you too?

I only logged in once after my last post in this thread, but it does seem to be better than before. I don't see these terrible screen-filling ads when I click on a thread or forum and I'm no longer logged out when I enter a thread of Wildfact. 

When I write a long post, I usually start with a draft. I continue when I have time. As a result of the ads more or less overflowing Wildfact in the last weeks, this method didn't work anymore. Today, however, it seems to be functioning again. This means I can start work again. 

Well done and thanks. 

About ads. Everyone using the internet in a (more or less) professional way needs the revenues, but there is a price to pay. According to one of the members of my band (David), a pro, ads result affect many functions of a site. This, of course, is without slowing it down quite considerably. 

I don't mind you opening up the site for ads, but I don't want to be affected by it. My guess is active mods and members could have a similar opinion. Do you think this can be arranged one way or the other?
1 user Likes peter's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

There seems to be an issue with the PMs @sanjay, it tells me @Dark Jaguar has reached the quota limit of messages. Would deleting old conversations clear this up by any chance?

United States tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

@Balam, deleting old PMs should clear this up, yes.
1 user Likes tigerluver's post

Korea, Republic of Mushroom Offline

How do I change my username? And can I hide my country?

Haxorous Offline
New Join

Hey everyone, new user here. It's been about 3 weeks and I can't seem to use to messaging system on this forum. Is there a reason as to why? Whenever I try to it says my account is waiting approval yet when I click on the link to send the approval again it states that my account doesn't need any. I'm a bit confused on what's going on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

(04-03-2021, 01:52 PM)Haxorous Wrote: Hey everyone, new user here. It's been about 3 weeks and I can't seem to use to messaging system on this forum. Is there a reason as to why? Whenever I try to it says my account is waiting approval yet when I click on the link to send the approval again it states that my account doesn't need any. I'm a bit confused on what's going on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Hello @Haxorous,
Thanks for joining the community and really sorry for all the trouble you are feeling right now.
Actually you are new members. By default our system keeps every new signup in restriction modes so that we can avoid spammers. Once you done with posting 5-6 posts and its more than 1 week. You will promoted to as regular member and will be able to post and PM normally.

Hope you understand the problem and will manage with it. Wish you good luck.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(03-27-2021, 08:27 PM)Mushroom Wrote:

How do I change my username? And can I hide my country?

I was looking for the same, Unfortunately, I can't change my username

Haxorous Offline
New Join

(04-04-2021, 07:22 PM)sanjay Wrote: Hello @Haxorous,
Thanks for joining the community and really sorry for all the trouble you are feeling right now.
Actually you are new members. By default our system keeps every new signup in restriction modes so that we can avoid spammers. Once you done with posting 5-6 posts and its more than 1 week. You will promoted to as regular member and will be able to post and PM normally.

Hope you understand the problem and will manage with it. Wish you good luck.

So I just need to make more posts before I can message other users? Alright.