There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Plains Camp males

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Ttimemarti All 5 West Street Males lived to 10yo.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Good father!

7 users Like afortich's post

1999gc8 Offline

(03-08-2024, 06:31 AM)afortich Wrote: Good father!

Every video I've seen with the PC males and cubs they always very patient and loving fathers. 

At the 3 second mark of the video I felt like the PC Male did a very intimidating death look towards the camera lol
4 users Like 1999gc8's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Definitely a death look
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Both PCMs and Ndzengas are in Londooizi today. worth keeping a watchful eye

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom NLAL11 Offline

From the Londolozi blog The Week in Pictures

https://blog.londolozi.com/2024/03/22/th...tures-641/

In the world of lions, the two Plains Camp Males find a dead giraffe and have a feed, evidence showing that they had chased off the much younger and less experienced Kambula Breakaways.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Brothers in arms. The two Plains Camp Males stare toward a distant roaring as they feed on a deceased giraffe. In the last TWIP, ranger Kirsten Jocelyn found the Thumbela Female feasting on the fallen ruminant, who died seemingly of natural causes. We Found her slinking away from the scene shortly before finding these two behemoths having a feed.
8 users Like NLAL11's post

Contributor

The Plains Camp Boys have had an altercation w the Kambulas and have left one of the injured. Still unclear, which one was injured and how badly. More to come soon

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

This is very sad, I truly hope the boy fully recovers, he's one of my favorites among the 6... From the Kambulas perspective it is quite a thing that despite their age and numbers they have repeatedly been beaten by PCM, but still insisted on staying around their territory, or close to it, instead of going further north to take over the NK pride already. Until now they had escaped unscathered but this time it seems things went badly for them.

Singita reports, every month, the Kambulas constantly "patrolling" the eastern and northern parts of their reserve, even saying in the last report that they were a threat to the Tsalala female who also is spending a lot of time there, Tsalala who is about to give birth, probably to PCM offspring, so for her this is good news, it'd be perfect if her Kambula sister could leave her brothers and join her under the PCM as well.

As for the PCM's themselves, they are as effective as ever it seems, what a crazily competent ( and "unfortunately" ) aggressive males. They killed 3 Othawa subs, 4 if you include 1/2 Mini-Matimba who disappeared in Singita, then there's Tsalala's mother, a NK subadult female, the Mangheni subadult, 1/4 NK young male, Nhenha, injured Tumbela probably multiple times, NK Birmingham also escaped them a few times, now one of the Kambulas was caught...

All that I can hope now is that even if - hopefully - the Kambula survives, the brothers stay far from west Londolozi and Singita, and go further north already to take over that territory to never come back, both for their sake as well as for the PCM's prides since as long as the Kambulas have at least 3 members, they'll eventually get the upper hand over the PCM.

I suppose I can at least be happy that the PCM are so effectively protecting the Mangheni, Ximhungwe and sort of NK Breakaway prides as well, and maybe even Tsalala... Hopefully the Othawas will be ready to mate soon so the PCM can become their protectors too, instead of a threat because I certainly don't trust the PCM with any female of any age if they are not in heat.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

United Kingdom Vengeous Offline
New Join

(04-12-2024, 09:58 AM)Mapokser Wrote: This is very sad, I truly hope the boy fully recovers, he's one of my favorites among the 6... From the Kambulas perspective it is quite a thing that despite their age and numbers they have repeatedly been beaten by PCM, but still insisted on staying around their territory, or close to it, instead of going further north to take over the NK pride already. Until now they had escaped unscathered but this time it seems things went badly for them.

Singita reports, every month, the Kambulas constantly "patrolling" the eastern and northern parts of their reserve, even saying in the last report that they were a threat to the Tsalala female who also is spending a lot of time there, Tsalala who is about to give birth, probably to PCM offspring, so for her this is good news, it'd be perfect if her Kambula sister could leave her brothers and join her under the PCM as well.

As for the PCM's themselves, they are as effective as ever it seems, what a crazily competent ( and "unfortunately" ) aggressive males. They killed 3 Othawa subs, 4 if you include 1/2 Mini-Matimba who disappeared in Singita, then there's Tsalala's mother, a NK subadult female, the Mangheni subadult, 1/4 NK young male, Nhenha, injured Tumbela probably multiple times, NK Birmingham also escaped them a few times, now one of the Kambulas was caught...

All that I can hope now is that even if - hopefully - the Kambula survives, the brothers stay far from west Londolozi and Singita, and go further north already to take over that territory to never come back, both for their sake as well as for the PCM's prides since as long as the Kambulas have at least 3 members, they'll eventually get the upper hand over the PCM.

I suppose I can at least be happy that the PCM are so effectively protecting the Mangheni, Ximhungwe and sort of NK Breakaway prides as well, and maybe even Tsalala... Hopefully the Othawas will be ready to mate soon so the PCM can become their protectors too, instead of a threat because I certainly don't trust the PCM with any female of any age if they are not in heat.
Hi, was it mentioned which Kambula male was caught? You mentioned he's one of your favourites among the 6...

Are there any more details about the attack? If the guide didn't witness it personally, how did he know it happened?
2 users Like Vengeous's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-12-2024, 09:58 AM)Mapokser Wrote: This is very sad, I truly hope the boy fully recovers, he's one of my favorites among the 6

If this happened yesterday or recent days it doesnt mean its K6.

K6 is missing since night 6th to 7th.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Jason Street of Sabi Sabi is saying it were the Gijima males who attacked the Kambula male..
3 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-12-2024, 01:04 PM)lionuk Wrote: Jason Street of Sabi Sabi is saying it were the Gijima males who attacked the Kambula male..

More info on this? Did Gijimas vent to Londolozi?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

PCMs are bad news for any nomads trying to secure their first territory, no matter how many of them there are. I feel like the kind of coalition that might have a chance against them would have to be in a similar position to the Gijimas and Ndzhengas, a couple years of good experience being dominant males where they have been tested repeatedly and came out on top each time.
2 users Like sik94's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(04-12-2024, 01:28 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 01:04 PM)lionuk Wrote: Jason Street of Sabi Sabi is saying it were the Gijima males who attacked the Kambula male..

More info on this? Did Gijimas vent to Londolozi?

Correction: Jason Street said that the Kambula males did have a run with the Gijima males three nights' ago. The injured male wasn't with them.

However, Andrea has an update saying that the injured male was seen yesterday afternoon with minor wounds on his back, he doesn't state where he's at. That's all he has at the moment.
7 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

Plains Camp Male w visible scarring on the face

Presumably from the altercation w the Kambulas

7 users Like criollo2mil's post