There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Plains Camp males

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 07:08 PM by criollo2mil )

Earlier this week the Plains Camp Males made a decisive move! 

Late in the middle of the night they had an altercation with the Birmingham Males. 

Since then only the younger Birmingham male has been found once or twice. 

Is this the start of the Plains Camp reign in the west? Or will the Birminghams reappear as they have done before? 

Whatever happens in the coming weeks, it been an exciting start to 2023! ”

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Has Gingerella been sighted after that incident? The female in the photos above is Ximhungwe right?
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Mwk85 Online

(01-07-2023, 11:49 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Has Gingerella been sighted after that incident? The female in the photos above is Ximhungwe right?

Could this be her? I mean, the narrative fits given what happened with one of them chasing her but my lion identification skills are sorely lacking to put it mildly.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Mwk85's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

(01-08-2023, 04:30 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:
(01-07-2023, 11:49 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Has Gingerella been sighted after that incident? The female in the photos above is Ximhungwe right?

Could this be her? I mean, the narrative fits given what happened with one of them chasing her but my lion identification skills are sorely lacking to put it mildly.

That’s both Ximunghwe.  Both PCMs there also.   I hope this is after the chase.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Mwk85 Online

(01-08-2023, 04:43 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 04:30 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:

That’s both Ximunghwe.  Both PCMs there also.   I hope this is after the chase.

My bad, trying to find more information about the sighting. At first I thought the image was captured by a guide or ranger but turns out it was captured by a guest while traversing at Dulini.
3 users Like Mwk85's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@criollo2mil well the chase was in Inyati and the new pictures in Savanna, hopefully they were north and travelled south.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

United States afortich Online
Contributor

The Ruthless PC boys!!

12 users Like afortich's post

Mwk85 Online
( This post was last modified: 01-12-2023, 06:05 AM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Corrected spelling error )

Gingerella with one of the PC males. Would appear that nothing happened to her after being chased by one of the males several days ago. Photo was taken "two evenings ago" per Stuart Buy.

Credit: Stuart Buy (Rangerstu24)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnQ_0xJK_Ke/...mMyMTA2M2Y=
11 users Like Mwk85's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

1/2 Plain camp male in golden African afternoon.
11/1/2023

11 users Like DARK MANE's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

This video was taken in Mala Mala game reserve in the Greater Kruger National Park. It shows one of the Plains Camp male lions feeding on a buffalo at night.

7 users Like Potato's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-20-2023, 06:09 AM by Mapokser Edit Reason: Typo )

I had no idea they visited MM. Potentially dangerous place to be.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Mwk85 Online

(01-19-2023, 02:30 AM)Potato Wrote: This video was taken in Mala Mala game reserve in the Greater Kruger National Park. It shows one of the Plains Camp male lions feeding on a buffalo at night.

Definitely a interesting sighting given the location.
2 users Like Mwk85's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-19-2023, 11:10 AM by Tr1x24 )

(01-19-2023, 05:45 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Definitely a interesting sighting given the location.

Not recent.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

1/2 PC males with nkuhuma breakaway ( Ridge nose and mini PCs)

7 users Like DARK MANE's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

(01-21-2023, 09:04 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: 1/2 PC males with nkuhuma breakaway ( Ridge nose and mini PCs)

Is this recent? If so, where was it taken? Rangerstu24 is from Leopard Hills and posted a photo of them recently:

If they're in the west hopefully they don't attack anyone.
5 users Like Mapokser's post