There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Mwk85 Offline

Sala males, Marsh Pride breakaway female, and sub adult male from the Acacia Pride in a bit of a dust up. 

6 users Like Mwk85's post

Mwk85 Offline

BRB males (Oloimina/Lorkulup) stepping in once again to quell an altercation between Rongai lionesses and the young Rongai male. Young male has a really close bond with his fathers, especially Lorkulup.  

4 users Like Mwk85's post

BigLion39 Offline

Not even 2 years old and his mom and aunts rejecting him. Poor boy. The way of nature is cruel sometimes. Hopefully BRB's accept, protect, and tolerate him for a while more.
4 users Like BigLion39's post

Robot00 Offline

I didnt know BRB have kids that old already. Wow time flies. I keep on having this picture of the five of them dominating the kill in their natal pride like it's recently
3 users Like Robot00's post

Mwk85 Offline

Fig Tree boys showing their close bond with one another 

5 users Like Mwk85's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 11:21 AM by BigLion39 )

(01-23-2023, 01:21 PM)Robot00 Wrote: I didnt know BRB have kids that old already. Wow time flies. I keep on having this picture of the five of them dominating the kill in their natal pride like it's recently

Me neither. I always thought that little one was son of Floppy and Jagged Ear but apparently not.

Edit....
Ochorre, which is the Rongai boy partnered with Kijana and Lekijana, is the one im confusing with the young one that hangs with Oloimina and Lorkulop. He is son of Floppy and Jagged Ear.
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Netherlands Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

A lone male lion with its meal, a buffalo's corpse...

5 users Like Spalea's post

BigLion39 Offline

Chongo, Kiok, Kibo, Koshoke. Unfortunately Doa is nowhere to be found since October(ish). Hope he is still around that gorgeous lion. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

BigLion39 Offline

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 04:38 AM by afortich )

Spearboy and Kutiti, so much respect for them. Did these boys had fight recently??

2 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

1 user Likes afortich's post

Mwk85 Offline

(01-30-2023, 04:37 AM)afortich Wrote: Spearboy and Kutiti, so much respect for them. Did these boys had fight recently??

From what I've seen reported by a couple of people is that Spearboy got into an altercation while he and Kutiti were split up, they recently reunited. Haven't seen anything about whom the altercation was with yet, though.
2 users Like Mwk85's post

Contributor

(01-30-2023, 05:24 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 04:37 AM)afortich Wrote: Spearboy and Kutiti, so much respect for them. Did these boys had fight recently??

From what I've seen reported by a couple of people is that Spearboy got into an altercation while he and Kutiti were split up, they recently reunited. Haven't seen anything about whom the altercation was with yet, though.

Thank you for the info my friend.
2 users Like afortich's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 05:39 AM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Corrected spelling error )

Jesse aka "The Nomad King" tried his luck with the Rekero ladies, obviously they wanted nothing to do with the old fella since they have cubs.

Jesse being up to no good around the possible den site for one of the Rekero lionesses.

In a later updated it was stated that he wasn't able to locate any of the cubs, thankfully.
6 users Like Mwk85's post

Mwk85 Offline

Halftail (pride male of the Marsh Pride) and his three sons showed off some intruders that ventured into their territory. Obviously there's no guarantee of it happening, but depending on how things go in the future, perhaps another Notch coalition scenario? Interesting times lay ahead in the Maasai Mara.

4 users Like Mwk85's post