There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Othawa Pride

1ofCourage Offline

(10-12-2022, 07:15 PM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 06:18 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: definitely not Skorro's this time. With gestation period being what it is, those cubs belong to Nhenha. He was literally mating with her 4 Months ago.
Most probably it's Skorro jr. if at all she is pregnant, I have heard in a video that skorro jr. is with Xinungwe girl almost everytime

Skorro's cubs look like Skorro, as Nhenha's also do.  
I think it will be obvious in time.
1 user Likes 1ofCourage's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Lionesses in circumstances as these do their best to mate with all the parties involved to make its impossible to make guesses like these. 

Unless DNA testing is used, we wont know untill the cubs look much older and start looking more like their parents. And even then people will likely see what they want to see.
4 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Subs losing a kill to Hyenas, no mum in sight.

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-16-2022, 01:09 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-16-2022, 11:31 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Subs losing a kill to Hyenas, no mum in sight.

Looks like they catch it by themselves, nice, they eat most of it also.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BorntobeWild Offline

(10-16-2022, 01:09 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 11:31 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Subs losing a kill to Hyenas, no mum in sight.

Looks like they catch it by themselves, nice, they eat most of it also
I just hope Sassy is safe nearby.
6 users Like BorntobeWild's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

According to Guide Diff Marimane:

Update with no pictures or video,the three Othawa subs have stolen a fresh full impala kill from a female leopard and were feeding on that this morning #inyatigamelodge Diff Marimane

Sassy was seen alone still.   Apparently on the mend but quite a bit aways.
7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators
Smile 

(10-18-2022, 04:18 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: According to Guide Diff Marimane:

Update with no pictures or video,the three Othawa subs have stolen a fresh full impala kill from a female leopard and were feeding on that this morning #inyatigamelodge Diff Marimane

Growling at hyenas, stealing from a leopard…After these acts, not many would call them cubs now : )
6 users Like Horizon's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-18-2022, 06:14 PM by criollo2mil )

(10-18-2022, 05:03 PM)Horizon Wrote:

Growling at hyenas, stealing from a leopard…After these acts, not many would call them cubs now : )

So there’s been lots of talk about which Subs are actually alive.   Whether from Sassy or Jr mom.    There’s two that definitely seem to be from sassy, but the smaller one has caused some to debate.   Some say it is still Sassy’s but smaller some say it’s the last of the Jr Mom litter left.   

Sassy’s girls are now 19 months old.   jr Moms would be about 17 and a half.   

I call the Subs already myself.  

They’re definitely gonna have to grow fast.    But it’s great news that they’re making it work.
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(10-18-2022, 06:13 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 05:03 PM)Horizon Wrote:

So there’s been lots of talk about which Subs are actually alive.   Whether from Sassy or Jr mom.    There’s two that definitely seem to be from sassy, but the smaller one has caused some to debate.   Some say it is still Sassy’s but smaller some say it’s the last of the Jr Mom litter left.   

Sassy’s girls are now 19 months old.   jr Moms would be about 17 and a half.   

I call the Subs already myself.  

They’re definitely gonna have to grow fast.    But it’s great news that they’re making it work.

To give context to the discussion, im goin to REPOST a compilation put together by Ruiting Zhong which was posted to Lion Sightings FB group which in their estimate is proof  the smaller sub adult is Sassy’s.   

Thoughts?

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

The Othawa subs after eating the stolen impala from a leopard still haven't joined up yet with the mother #inyatigamelodge 

Credit:  Diff Marimane

Attached Files Image(s)

13 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

I get a feeling the reunion with their mother is imminent 

“They came pass our lodge running chased by the Ximhungwe lionesses, what surprised us is when the Breakaway female get closer to them (3 meters)away from the one she stop and they look at each with no tension, that shows they have feelings of being related .they finally got away from that to rejoin and went even further with no injuries,the Othawa female was not far much from there maybe they will rejoin during the day.still no sign of the Birmingham in the west #inyatigamelodge 

Credit:  Diff Marimane

(screenshots. Sorry for quality)

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-19-2022, 01:04 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I get a feeling the reunion with their mother is imminent 

“They came pass our lodge running chased by the Ximhungwe lionesses, what surprised us is when the Breakaway female get closer to them (3 meters)away from the one she stop and they look at each with no tension, that shows they have feelings of being related .they finally got away from that to rejoin and went even further with no injuries,the Othawa female was not far much from there maybe they will rejoin during the day.still no sign of the Birmingham in the west #inyatigamelodge 

Not sure what is going on?

Is that Gingerella with sub Othawa female?

It looks like they attacked her.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(10-19-2022, 01:23 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 01:04 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I get a feeling the reunion with their mother is imminent 

Not sure what is going on?

Is that Gingerella with sub Othawa female?

It looks like they attacked her.

It’s the three subs.   That injury came from earlier last week from hyenas.   

He said Sassy was near and it looks like they were headed more in her direction 

My suspicions are she’s been resting and recovering away
6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

Video of my screen captions I posted above is now available  

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

I dont think the subs are even aware they are related. Gingerella might, but she has no more of a connection with the subs as she would have with any other lion in the wild. 

Any hesitation is probably more due to a reluctance to fight and inexperience as its the first big conflict in which she herself is expected to fight in.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post