There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Notch Coalition Male Lineage

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Dear Mara Big Cat Fans/Lovers,
It is with great pleasure to have this answer to you that it has been coming to us in the last few days.
Notch 2 the only surviving male lion in the great coalition of the famous Notch coalition,is looking strong but with small wound on his tigh (Not of serious concern),spotted him few days ago (as shown in the photo),and also today while out on safari,is is on his own and very far away from the last pride of lions that he owned ( Look out hill pride) and that none of the females is with him.
As at today in the morning he was on the western side of the Rhino ridge very few kilometers from where he was born and he lives a solitary live that it is too much for him considering his old age,but but lucky he is because we have big herds of Zebras and wildbeests in at where he is at the moment.
The only big worry is,he is currently in at where he can be caught by any of the coalitions of male lions that we have around which are ;The 4 muskateers,the 4 Nomads,the the 6 nomads by the Marsh and Blackie and Lipstick,but but as a lone ranger that has managed the last two months on his own,i'm sure he can still play his way out even into Mara North conservancy.
His future remains uncertain but what i'm sure of is that his time is up.
Who he joined up with Long face or Jesse who are hanging around the same area is another question that we received?
Chances are very slim but again nature is full of surprises.
We will try as much as we can to follow the last footprints of this living legend of the Mara that i have followed for the last 11 years.
Photo is courtsey of our guest Stefan Meyer.
Stay tuned.
Credits: Alfred Korir For Zebra Plains Mara Camp.

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Tangulia Mara Camp.

This day will not go unnoticed, I wish you all a happy New Year I also like to mention the meeting with an old lion who I followed close for many years Notch II, I found him at Bilashaka and what a surprise coming from Look out Sand River to the Marsh where he was born, old and beaten up lost all of his brothers and return a lone back home was amazing, he had arrive into this territory with a surprise of 6 young Males and it's not that easy to stay and belong to his old home but who knows what is in his mind, we are happy to see him and hope he will have a better life in the Marsh.

3 users Like Tshokwane's post

Chris Offline

(01-02-2018, 05:28 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: Credits to Tangulia Mara Camp.

This day will not go unnoticed, I wish you all a happy New Year I also like to mention the meeting with an old lion who I followed close for many years Notch II, I found him at Bilashaka and what a surprise coming from Look out Sand River to the Marsh where he was born, old and beaten up lost all of his brothers and return a lone back home was amazing, he had arrive into this territory with a surprise of 6 young Males and it's not that easy to stay and belong to his old home but who knows what is in his mind, we are happy to see him and hope he will have a better life in the Marsh.

Is it possible that those 6 young males are his sons and is it possible that they form a coalition? @Tshokwane

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(01-22-2018, 08:41 PM)Chris Wrote: Is it possible that those 6 young males are his sons and is it possible that they form a coalition?

Chris, those males aren't his sons. They would kill him.

United States swtlei4u Offline

(01-22-2018, 08:48 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 08:41 PM)Chris Wrote: Is it possible that those 6 young males are his sons and is it possible that they form a coalition?

Chris, those males aren't his sons. They would kill him.

I read that those 6 young nomads are the younger brothers of earless where they all came from the rongai pride and sons of the notch boys?

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Now that you mention it, it could be the case. 

I know there were some younger brothers of Earless, but I'm not sure they're these males especifically.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(01-22-2018, 09:39 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: Now that you mention it, it could be the case. 

I know there were some younger brothers of Earless, but I'm not sure they're these males especifically.

Younger brothers of Earless are dominant males now in the area next to where Earless and his pride is there
I believe these 6 males are from river pride sired by Musketeers and now they seems to be dominant over Marsh pride. (Karibu & Rafiki previous marsh dominant males moved and dominant over cheli pride now)
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Daryl Balfour.

The last of the coalition known as the Notch Boys, or Notch’s Sons, Notch 2, seen yesterday in the Maasai Mara after a scrap with the younger male he’s been hanging out with for some months, over two females who did not appear to be impressed with the shenanigans.

4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Martin Kuba.

Notch 2, last week. Notice the recessing mane, and the wound on the top of the head.

2 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

(08-15-2018, 03:43 AM)Tshokwane Wrote: Credits to Martin Kuba.

Notch 2, last week. Notice the recessing mane, and the wound on the top of the head.

Given his state from earlier this year, I didn't think he would make it this far into 2018.
1 user Likes Matimbalani's post

Cyprus alexmaria Offline

(06-29-2015, 11:00 PM)Pckts Wrote: This is the male lion spotted in masai mara 1995 along with his coalition partner. You are seeing most probably the FATHER OF OUR GREAT NOTCH. He resembles exactly like his father if it is true.PC Kyamas

You would not by any chance have any more photos of Notches father, like this one back in 1995? or any other male coalitions from back then?

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

how did notch king and his sons death ? 
plz let me know ?

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

how did every1 die from this lions...plz answer if u can

Russian Federation Nyers Offline

credits to Daniel Kipas

Notch2 and females

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(11-17-2018, 10:49 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: how did every1 die from this lions...plz answer if u can

notch 2 the only male alive from this coliation but what about others...??? how did they die ???