There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Notch Coalition Male Lineage

BigLion39 Offline

Mighty Long and his bro Grimmace back in '09.

Credits to: T Travel 

5 users Like BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-29-2020, 02:02 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Mighty Long and his bro Grimmace back in '09.

By Jonathan Scott, Long was the biggest of them, even bigger then Cesar who was a massive beast..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-29-2020, 03:57 PM)adamstocks16 Wrote: Hi, I am new to this thread and was wondering if someone could help? Lately I’ve been trying to find out more info about the Notches, and Notch in particular. But I can’t seem to find anywhere that confirms when he was born or into what pride etc? It just says he appeared in the Mara in 2003 with his coalition partner before taking over the Marsh Pride? So my question is does anyone know how old Notch was when he first appeared in 2003? Thanks, appreciate the help.

Around 4 yrs old, prob born around 99/00..

Also Jonathan Scott pointed out that his partner maybe wasn't his brother, so some of his sons where not "his" sons and where not related to him..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 03:59 AM by BigLion39 )

Light Mane was Notches coalition partner. My opinion is Long and Grimmace were sired by Light Mane and The other 3 by Notch. Thats MHO and pure speculation  going by looks.

Mighty Long was the largest of the sons until the vets removed 1 of Cesar's testicles. He started putting on weight after because of a loss of testosterone and became the biggest!
3 users Like BigLion39's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(12-01-2020, 01:17 AM)adamstocks16 Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 03:57 AM)BigLion39 great knowledge! I would agree based on looks, as Long and Grimace also had lighter manes compared to their brothers. Crazy fact about Caesar though! Does anyone else find it disappointing nobody knows what happened to Notch or Long? Other than they disappeared and were never seen again? Also, there is conflicting information about Grimace. I think he died in 2015 after going missing for a few months, as his remains were later found with injuries that looked to be caused by eland horns? Maybe there was a incident where he was hurt and succumbed to his injuries, that seems the most likely to me anyway. Wrote: Light Mane was Notches coalition partner. My opinion is Long and Grimmace were sired by Light Mane and The other 3 by Notch. Thats MHO and pure speculation  going by looks.

Mighty Long was the largest of the sons until the vets removed 1 of Cesar's testicles. He started putting on weight after because of a loss of testosterone and became the biggest!

Hi @adamstocks16 , and welcome to WildFact! I hope you enjoy the site, and are able to learn a lot from the many knowledgeable posters that visit often. I am going to edit your post, so that it is properly formatted. If you wouldn't mind, from now on enter your text at the bottom of the reply window, as your comments may be missed otherwise. Thank you, and again, enjoy WildFact, we look forward to your contributions.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Hey all, any information on spearboy and notch2? I believe notch2 has been missing for some time?

BigLion39 Offline

I've seen rescent pics posted on social media and whatnot of Spearboy in great health, alone tho, without N2. Safe to say we most likely will never again see N2 IMHO.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-19-2020, 01:13 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: I've seen rescent pics posted on social media and whatnot of Spearboy in great health, alone tho, without N2. Safe to say we most likely will never again see N2 IMHO.

Notch 2 hast been seen after Covid loockown in spring.. He was 15 yrs old..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

BigLion39 Offline

Rescent sightings of Spearboy looking good. Credits to pics are actually on the pics. 

5 users Like BigLion39's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

how many grandsons are still alive and is stir by notches ?
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

Gijima Offline

This was posted on this thread in 2015. Just imagine how many more grandsons and great grandsons are there now:

A list of Notch and his five sons' Male descendants
-Mugoro Notch boys -4 Males aged 7
-Paradise Notch boys -5males aged 6.5years
-Rekero Notch boys-5males aged 4.3-4.6years
-Double cross Notch boys .No unknown aged around 4years.
-Olkiombo 1 Notch boys -4males aged 3years
- Olkiombo 2 rumoured to be 4-6 males age just under 2.
-Mayafisi Notch boys 5 males aged 3.4 years
-Hammerkop Notch boys 4-5 males aged 3.3yrs
-Hammerkop break away Notch boys 4 males aged 3.2
-Kereekok break away Notch boys no.unknown aged 2.2-2.8years
-Rongai main pride.1st 2 Notch boys Alex and Ron2 aged 4.6years
-Rongai break away Notch boys 4 boys aged 3
-Rongai main plus break way current Notch boys Earless Notch 3.6years and 4 little brothers Yoda and the rest 2 year old subs.
-Lookout main pride Notch boys 4-6 males 1.5 years
-lookout break away pride Notch boys 4-7 males 3-months -1.3years
-Roan Hill Notch boys aged 1year 4-5 males
-Sand river Notch boys no. Unknown aged just under 1year.The all place is full of Notch descendants only a matter of time before they oust their own fathers.Notch march 2013 five months before he died.Over half of the Mara lions are now related to him either directly as his own offsprings or offsprings if his sons and daughters or their sons and daughters.And more a still coming."
3 users Like Gijima's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(02-02-2021, 07:43 AM)Gijima Wrote: Paradise Notch boys
(02-02-2021, 07:43 AM)Gijima Wrote: Paradise Notch boys
are any of them alive today or were they successful like there father and grandfather notch ?

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

any  update...?

BigLion39 Offline

N2 has not been seen for over a year now.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

1 of the 3 Rekero Boys was seen up in 'Ol Kinyei Conservancy in the beginning of Summer. He was identified as Ron2. Unfortunately Green Eyes and Cesar2 were not confirmed seen. This area has tons of cattle herders and ranchers. I doubt we'll ever see these great boys again.
3 users Like BigLion39's post