There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nkuhuma Pride

United States T_Ferguson Online

(04-25-2024, 07:05 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 06:19 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Forgive my ignorance.  Is there any chance these two could go east and reunite with the core pride?  Do they even know they have a core pride?  I don't recall when Ridge Nose split them off.

Ridge nose left the pride, before these two were even conceived, to be with the PCMs, at which time they were. These two have never known the core of the pride, they would be complete strangers, and likely hostile towards the youngsters.

OK, I remember all of this now.  Thank you.  It's more likely the girl could join up with the Othawa girls, or Tsalala than their namesake pride.  And those chances are slim as well.  Wow... so many underlion stories in Sabi right now.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-25-2024, 08:24 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 06:19 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Forgive my ignorance.  Is there any chance these two could go east and reunite with the core pride?  Do they even know they have a core pride?  I don't recall when Ridge Nose split them off.

Ridge nose left the pride, before these two were even conceived, to be with the PCMs, at which time they were. These two have never known the core of the pride, they would be complete strangers, and likely hostile towards the youngsters.

"underlion stories"

LOL, not sure if intentional, but funny twist either way.

As for the rest of the comment, I would love for the Tsalala and the Othawa girls to get some extra help, the benefits are enumerable.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

(04-25-2024, 08:28 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

"underlion stories"

As for the rest of the comment, I would love for the Tsalala and the Othawa girls to get some extra help, the benefits are enumerable.

haha.. yes.. Multi meaning... Underlying underdog stories.  Grin

I would shed a tear of all of those groups got together.  The problem is they are all sitting in the domain of the Mhangeni girls who seem to actually be more dominant than any of the actual male coalitions in Sabi....
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Super Moderator

(04-25-2024, 08:30 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

"underlion stories"

haha.. yes.. Multi meaning... Underlying underdog stories.  Grin

I would shed a tear of all of those groups got together.  The problem is they are all sitting in the domain of the Mhangeni girls who seem to actually be more dominant than any of the actual male coalitions in Sabi....

The Mangheni have always been an aggressive group. That is why, when back when Sassy was still with them, and it was just her and the three girls left, they actually stole a kill from the Mangheni. Mangheni were semi nomadic at the time, and Skorro Jr had only just left the Othawa pride, which the Mangheni were unaware of. But, it was the subs who just ran in, while Sassy stood back observing what was happening, without a care in the world, the Mangheni ran off, and the Othawa began feeding on their kill. It was all a really surprising scene. Now the tables have turned, and with the help of the PCM, Mangheni have returned to their seat as the top cats in the area.
2 users Like BA0701's post

NLAL11 Offline

"underlion stories"

The issue with this is that the Othawa girls will almost certainly end up mating with the PC males... her father/uncle. And the Tsalala lioness will soon have their cubs.
2 users Like NLAL11's post

Super Moderator

(04-25-2024, 09:30 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:

"underlion stories"

The issue with this is that the Othawa girls will almost certainly end up mating with the PC males... her father/uncle. And the Tsalala lioness will soon have their cubs.

As long as the PCM can maintain their current status, no easy task, and protect all of their young ones, they are building themselves quite an impressive legacy. They are doing really well so far, that is for sure.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

OK, I remember all of this now.  Thank you.  It's more likely the girl could join up with the Othawa girls, or Tsalala than their namesake pride.  And those chances are slim as well.  Wow... so many underlion stories in Sabi right now.

theyve encountered each other at least once since they were orphaned....the NKs actually chased the Othowas off.
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 10:46 PM by BA0701 )

(04-25-2024, 10:33 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

theyve encountered each other at least once since they were orphaned....the NKs actually chased the Othowas off.

Was it the Nkuhumas who chased and stole a couple of kills from the Tsalala Princess, or was that the Kambulas?

Ngonya Offline

Brave Chela Nkuhuma has died
She was found this morning on the Sunrise Safari and it is thought that she was killed by other lions.

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Ngonya's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Chela has passed away, daughter of the Matimba males born in 2013 was found today’s morning by WidlEarth. It’s suspected that she was killed by lions

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like T I N O's post

Ttimemarti Offline

My heart is broken! The matimba nkuhuma girls are all no more may they all RIP Purple eye amber eyes ridgenose and now chela
3 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 10:59 AM by Tr1x24 )

(04-28-2024, 10:02 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Brave Chela Nkuhuma has died
She was found this morning on the Sunrise Safari and it is thought that she was killed by other lions.

What? 

PCMs??
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(04-28-2024, 10:58 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 10:02 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Brave Chela Nkuhuma has died

What? 

PCMs??
Very likely they as per Cedric
4 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 11:23 AM by Tr1x24 )

(04-28-2024, 11:03 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Very likely they as per Cedric

Shame for this, 2 NK adult females got killed in a span of month or so.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline

(04-28-2024, 10:58 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: PCMs??
Thought the same as soon as i heard about her death.

Such a tragic way to go. May she rest peace.

I believe PCMs are the most likely to do such a thing, especially since they were being vocal in the north yesterday.
3 users Like Ngonya's post