There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nature Documentaries & Programs

Canada Dr Panthera Offline
Pharmacist and biologist
( This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 11:05 PM by Ngala )

Let's post description and possibly links to great big cats documentaries , I suggest we start with more recent and work backwards.
I have just watched " Return of the Giant Killers: Africa's Lion Kings " by BBC Natural World 2015 it is shot in Botswana showing an elephant-hunting pride of lions showing four elephant kills, lion fights, lion cubs killing month old lion cubs!!! Lions killing Buffalo and warthog...a great documentary available through YouTube.
3 users Like Dr Panthera's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

It would be great If we post the youtube or vimeo videos as well.
1 user Likes sanjay's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

I have been discussing doc.s as they were aired, but I made individual threads for them. Maybe the mods could combine those to this one if its not too much trouble?
1 user Likes Pckts's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

We will try, If anyone can find all of them and post the link here
2 users Like sanjay's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(10-25-2015, 12:52 AM)sanjay Wrote: We will try, If anyone can find all of them and post the link here
I'll just post some of the thread links I can find

IQ: Lion vs Hyenna Doc
 http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-whos-wat...-vs-hyenna

Lion vs Buffalo Blood Rivals
http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lion-vs-...ood-rivals
http://natgeotv.com/za/blood-rivals-lion-vs-buffalo

Man v Lion
http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-man-vs-lion-notes

Game of Lions (same thread)

Future Cat Doc (same thread)

Tigers Revenge (Same thread)

Lion Gangland (same thread)

Tiger Wars (same thread)

That thread also has my write ups on all of the docs mentioned above.
4 users Like Pckts's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Well, I think the thread you mnetioned have some great and good discssion and its not wise to bring them here. This place rather is good for sharing documentry videos. So I cancelled the idea of merging these thread
2 users Like sanjay's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

On the Trail of the Hyrcan Tiger (The Quest for the Allegedly Extinct Caspian Tiger in Iran)

Published on Nov 22, 2014
“What man dare, I dare. Approach you like the rugged Russian bear, The armed rhinoceros, or th’ Hyrcan Tiger.” In Macbeth, Shakespeare talks about the Caspian tiger (also known as the Hyrcan tiger) maybe because Europeans and Westerners in general knew about the Hyrcan tiger before they knew about Indian or Siberian tigers. The history of this kind of tiger goes back to when the ancient Romans used Iranian lions and Caspian tigers in gladiatorial combats. The primary habitat of ancient tigers was Western Asia. What is known for sure is that they did not reach today’s America. In the 20th century, these great stripped cats have vanished from Western Asia. Although this tiger is thought to be extinct in Iran, several sightings of it have been reported in recent years.
In “On the Trail of the Hyrcan Tiger”, a brief historical account of the origin and life of the Hyrcan tiger is provided, and then our adventurer starts his search for this extinct tiger in the picturesque jungles of Golestan Province, Iran. He has been working on this subject for years. During his quest, he talks with the nearby local residents and ecologists. Surprisingly, different accounts and stories are presented to him. To know what has happened to this tiger, watch our beautiful, exclusive documentary and enjoy the stunning views of Iran’s jungles as well.

I'm watching it now...
2 users Like Pckts's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 08:53 AM by Rishi )

Purpose of this thread is to collect infotainment videos' online streaming (and/or download) links.
Please help out by posting here if you find any...

Note: Do not share incomplete clips but FULL documentaries, program series & feature films.
2 users Like Rishi's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 02:27 PM by Rishi )

The last lions of India

2 users Like Rishi's post

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 10:54 AM by Wolverine )

(11-08-2018, 12:26 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: my question is why in INDIA they dont make documentary like many rangers or peeps make on african lions ??? ex...mapogas , matimbas etc etc

Actually I have seen at least 3, maybe 4 world level films about the Indian lions. For example this film from German-French serial "Big Five of Asia"(2016), a real masterpiece, but in youtube the quality is not good:

3 users Like Wolverine's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 05:43 PM by Rage2277 )

india's wandering lions
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 06:03 PM by Sanju )

An age old Documentary...

3 users Like Sanju's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-27-2019, 08:29 PM by Sanju )

Any one know what is Treasure???

Ok come. I'll show you.

An unique Anti-Tiger behaviour of forming a "Tiger Pride" or female sibling coalition, in which the 4 Sisters drove away and teared apart by instincts and again United By Blood to live and forage together.

"Tiger sister's of Telia" episode of "Tigress Blood" in India's wild tales programme. A tiger couple (Madhuri and Scarface AKA Big daddy/Wagdoh male) gave birth to unusually and rarely "4 " tiger cubs 2 yrs back and all are same sex i.e.., female in Maharashtra's Tadoba Andhari Tiger reserve's (625.4 square kilometers or 241.5 sq mi) Telia Lake zone area in Central India. The sisters names are Geeta, Mona, Lara and Sonam. Sonam is the dominant, Lara is shy and 2nd strongest and brave is Mona followed by Geeta. Absolutely loved this episode!!!

A sub adult tigress around 2 yrs called Lara killed an adult male Gaur in his prime which can weigh upto 1.5 tons which was once the weakest sister in their coalition of four female siblings. But at this time she led the pack to have a full time launch after a long lasting hunger period. In this venture three of her sisters (Sonam, Mona and Geeta) lend Lara a helping hand fend off the whole Gaur herd.

"The pack" Documentary of ASIAN/INDIAN WILD DOG aka The Red Dog Dhole in Western Ghats (Bandipur National Park in Karnataka and Anamalai Tiger Reserve in Tamil Nadu).

**Enjoy**
1 user Likes Sanju's post

Sanju Offline

Tadoba... Wagdoh male...
My Favorite Documentary

Tucked away from the densely populated cities of India lies an ancient jungle where wildlife must battle to survive.
Enjoy...
2 users Like Sanju's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 06:28 PM by Rishi )

(03-06-2019, 01:06 PM)Sanju Wrote: But, currently I'm looking for "latest" "new" Tiger documentaries (irrespective of the region and tiger variety) to give a watch.

Can anyone suggest a documentary I'm looking for (should be new or latest not old ones) ???

"Clash of Tigers" by Nallamuthu. Premiered his February only.

Yesterday was shown in Nat Geo & Nat Geo Wild in India.. missed, but trying to catch the rotary telecast.
1 user Likes Rishi's post