There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N'waswitshaka males

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(01-19-2023, 12:08 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: I mean we don't see jackels or most hyenas or any other animals living like this.

Highly disagree here lol we just don't pay as much attention to the other species but believe me, they are just as resilient as lions.
4 users Like sik94's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-19-2023, 12:31 PM)sik94 Wrote: Highly disagree here lol we just don't pay as much attention to the other species but believe me, they are just as resilient as lions.

Yea, some other animals are also quite resilient, for example, famous 2 legged hyena :

Her back was broken from lion attack, leaving her back legs immobile, but she adapted, his is something that even lions cant pull thru. And this is not only 1 case, there have been more like this. 

Also, there has been cases of zebras, buffaloes, hippos etc surviving with very nasty injuries. 

Wild animals are very resilient.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

The average hyena mother laughs at the perils most lions go through.

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-20-2023, 11:46 AM by BigLion39 )

Yes I've seen the one 3 legged hyena (there was similar in the mara) . Not saying they aren't resilient, I said the most resilient and almost every video I see of a lion with a kill there goes some jackels and I never notice them with injuries like lions.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

(01-18-2023, 07:31 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I don’t disagree.   These things are quite predictable.   There’s this ‘tipping’ point where it either gets better (like it was happening w DM) or gets worse, like it hit blondie.   I think Uboso is ‘right there’.   Where these next few weeks will be critical.
@ Criollo2mil, great post, sir. As always, love reading your thoughts. 
Wide Nose is almost looking exactly like Blondie looked a few days before his eventual demise. Then, Tonpa posted a pic of DM where you could count the number of vertebra, similar to this photo of WN. He even commented that DM wouldn’t last long. But he did! He got out of that, got into a slightly better shape and lasted months after that. Based on that, it’s hard to tell where this is going. WN could be going or could last months.
1 user Likes Horizon's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

1/4 ndhzengas, Amahle, patrolling his territory.

*This image is copyright of its original author
13 users Like DARK MANE's post

Ngonya Offline

Eorenji aka Orange Eyes, the little giant 
by Bruce Campbell

13 users Like Ngonya's post

WildRev Offline

12 users Like WildRev's post

WildRev Offline

4 users Like WildRev's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Self esteem of ndhzengas ( ubuso) and nhenha ( bboy).

7 users Like DARK MANE's post

WildRev Offline

11 users Like WildRev's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(01-27-2023, 11:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Eorenji

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Dominant nwaswitshaka male Amahle making his presence very soundy in mala mala on 26th January.

9 users Like DARK MANE's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-01-2023, 11:14 PM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Corrected spelling error )

Not 100% sure which member it is, but I'm gonna say Amahle or Eorenji (given body condition) taking out a hyena.

14 users Like Mwk85's post