There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N'waswitshaka males

Psyckoo Offline

N'waswitshaka males, "aroud Southern SS" posted on 10.01.21
They are really beast now...
Dominant male Amahale

*This image is copyright of its original author

Ubuso

Credits to Simon Scheiner
7 users Like Psyckoo's post

Psyckoo Offline

Still here and in good shape, True survivor of the N'waswitshaka males, Gore

Credit Facebook / Simon Scheiner

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

They are back at Sabi Sabi :

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Still amazes me every time i see the gored male doing so well
3 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 02:54 AM by Tr1x24 )

(01-14-2021, 02:00 AM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Still amazes me every time i see the gored male doing so well

Its definitely a nasty injury, atleast from human perspective, but we actually dont know how nasty for a lion/animal, we can only speculate..

We dont know how much animals,in this case lions have lvl of pain tolerance .. But its almost certaint that is much higher then in humans, lions are one of the most toughest animals in the world. 

For example, i got my young female cat sterilise, she is around 3kg, she got around 5 cm cut under her belly with few stiches..after 24 hours, that cat was climbing trees and jumping from far onto my balcony, no signs of any pain whatsoever.. 
Now imagen that cut on us on that spot,yea..

So, is Belly Scar in pain? We dont know,maybe, but in my opinion nowhere near as we think, i think its more like that nasty cut, when we accidentally cut ourselves on a finger with a knife, it doesnt hurt that much, but you know its there and its bothering you..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Psyckoo Offline

I agree, I think that if he survive during nomads days he will be fine, the only danger can be hunting or a fight with other males...
3 users Like Psyckoo's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

1 of the Old Nwaswitshaka males at his younger days when they just become dominant, near Skukuza in 2011:

Photo Credit : Ronesh Parbhoo

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Whatever organ it is it clearly still has blood flow and possibly food passing through,its very bizarre and must be uncomfortable. agreed Tr1x24, lions certainly one of the toughest animals out there. Hope he continues to progress
3 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Hairy tummy Offline

5 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Psyckoo Offline

You have them all here...
Credit G.Leitch

Gijima Offline

(01-23-2021, 04:46 AM)Psyckoo Wrote: You have them all here...
Credit G.Leitch

All four look great! Especially BellyScar.  Hope they stay with the Styx pride for a bit longer...
3 users Like Gijima's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Any idea what happened to their sister that was mentioned in the early pages, she was left behind in kruger?

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

Credit G.Leitch

Belly scar looks big here if not the biggest.
2 users Like sik94's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-23-2021, 05:56 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Any idea what happened to their sister that was mentioned in the early pages, she was left behind in kruger?

Yea, somewhere in Kruger.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-23-2021, 08:02 AM)sik94 Wrote:
Credit G.Leitch

Belly scar looks big here if not the biggest.

3 of them look similar in size with Orange Eye being significantly smaller other those 3.