There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N'waswitshaka males

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(12-02-2022, 05:51 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 12:52 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 09:58 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Ohhhhhh..
When this happened?
So sad!

Apparently missing since last year, but with all this splitting in few groups and chaos with Ndhzenga males, we couldn't see if they are all accounted for.

I don’t want to clog up this thread with too much Kambula business (maybe admin can relocate) but there were at least 11 (of 12) Kambulas accounted for on 31 August.   In this sighting of the Pride Core w N’waswitshaka  on the eve of their attack on the Styx Pride, we can count 7 lionesses.  This was when two sub females were still with the boys .   One of those girls joined the core on 30 September.  

So on 31 August we can account for 7 (core); 2 (Subs) and 2 (breakaways)

The reserves and their reports have had a torrid time keeping track.   They themselves made some miscounts in recent reports.   That final 12th girl  has always been the one I couldn’t find but thought that maybe was denning at the time of the beach photo

It is simply another tangent, which can happen. However, I would ask, any further comments dealing with the Kambulas, especially regarding their numbers, and not specifically pertaining to the N'was, if everyone would please make them in the proper thread. Thanks!
4 users Like BA0701's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

New clips of the males. They probably are not aware of the new males in their territory yet. 
Credit: marlon du toit

9 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(12-05-2022, 04:01 PM)lionuk Wrote: New clips of the males. They probably are not aware of the new males in their territory yet. 
Credit: marlon du toit

Do we know if Nkuhlus are in their territory? 

Whole MalaMala is not their territory, especially not southern areas from where this males came.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Ubuso and Amahle are together in mala mala game reserve. Ubuso is still limping and not 100 percent fit.
*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like DARK MANE's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(12-05-2022, 04:23 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Do we know if Nkuhlus are in their territory? 

Whole MalaMala is not their territory, especially not southern areas from where this males came.
A guide called Sean said Ubuso was very close to the Nkhula males in MalaMala yesterday.
7 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(12-05-2022, 05:08 PM)lionuk Wrote: A guide called Sean said Ubuso was very close to the Nkhula males in MalaMala yesterday.

Ubuso is "sitting duck", if clash happens, he will prob not survive this time, he cant outrun 6 males.. Hope it doesn't happen.
9 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-06-2022, 04:40 PM by DARK MANE )

Kambula#2, (1/2 kambula breakaways girl) mating with Eorenji.
8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

This is not the best moment for them for mating and splitting themselves up. I hope the newcommers dont seize the opportunity.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(12-06-2022, 04:39 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Kambula#2, (1/2 kambula breakaways girl) mating with Eorenji.

Wow, nice mane OE, he never had such big mane before.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

They're not aware of the threat yet, unless their enemies start roaring it may take a while for them to find out.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

WildRev Offline

If they're in the N'was's territory and scent marking in it then they will be noticed soon
4 users Like WildRev's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 09:12 AM by DARK MANE )

Gore
10 users Like DARK MANE's post

BigLion39 Offline

If it wasn't for Gores obvious injury I think he would have been the most impressive Nwaswishaka, IMHO!
7 users Like BigLion39's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(12-07-2022, 01:06 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: If it wasn't for Gores obvious injury I think he would have been the most impressive Nwaswishaka, IMHO!
May be.
Recently we came to know that these males got their coalition name which is similar to Gore stomach injury.
(in local language)
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(12-07-2022, 01:06 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: If it wasn't for Gores obvious injury I think he would have been the most impressive Nwaswishaka, IMHO!

I agree. I think he is the tallest N'was male, although Amahle and Ubuso appear bigger because of their extra bulkiness. If Gore didn't get injured he would also develop quite a bulky appearance, and since he is the tallest, he would be undisputatedly the biggest N'was male.
3 users Like Mdz123's post