There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive Great White

Mexico Shir Babr Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-13-2018, 01:26 PM by Shir Babr )

(08-13-2018, 10:15 AM)Wolverine Wrote: @Shir Babr do you have an idea - for tourists visiting beach resorts of Mexican California (Baja California) is there opportunity to make some kind of Big White shark "safari"? As long as I know Mexican California altogether with South Africa and Southern Australia are the best places in the world to spot Big whites. Do you think such a place is close to some major resort? If you stay in hotel is it possible to rent a boat for such a purpose?

I don't have the faintest idea. I haven't been on vacation since I was a kid and people interested in wildlife is rarer than pink elephants. But this country is a corrupt shithole crowded with incompetent people and criminals, so I wouldn't count on it. In fact just a few days ago there was this scandal with a local travel agency that commited fraud for about half a million dollars selling fake trips and promotions... If I had the opportunity I would go to Australia simply because it is a first world country, it should have better options and more qualified people for that. I'd love to get into those cages to see great whites up close, but dreaming of it is my only chance for the foreseeable future.
2 users Like Shir Babr's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-13-2018, 08:37 PM by epaiva )

Great White Shark flying out of the water and Great White Shark opening its incredible Jaws
Credits to @sharkyclub and @oceanzoom

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like epaiva's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(08-13-2018, 01:19 PM)Shir Babr Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 10:15 AM)Wolverine Wrote: @Shir Babr do you have an idea - for tourists visiting beach resorts of Mexican California (Baja California) is there opportunity to make some kind of Big White shark "safari"? As long as I know Mexican California altogether with South Africa and Southern Australia are the best places in the world to spot Big whites. Do you think such a place is close to some major resort? If you stay in hotel is it possible to rent a boat for such a purpose?

I don't have the faintest idea. I haven't been on vacation since I was a kid and people interested in wildlife is rarer than pink elephants. But this country is a corrupt shithole crowded with incompetent people and criminals, so I wouldn't count on it. In fact just a few days ago there was this scandal with a local travel agency that commited fraud for about half a million dollars selling fake trips and promotions... If I had the opportunity I would go to Australia simply because it is a first world country, it should have better options and more qualified people for that. I'd love to get into those cages to see great whites up close, but dreaming of it is my only chance for the foreseeable future.
3 friends of mine just did Great White Shark diving in Port Lincoln, Australia. They used Calypso Charters, unfortunately they had no luck, in fact there hasn't been a GWS sighting there since July 9th, it's actually very hard to sight GWS and they usually do 2 year cycles so they aren't even in the same location at the same time every year so it seems that luck has as much to do with GWS sightings as it does with big cats.
4 users Like Pckts's post

Germany Jeffrey Offline

A bigger great white shark stealing a dolphin kill from another great white shark in smoky bay South Australia

There is always a bigger fish

4 users Like Jeffrey's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-13-2018, 07:21 PM by epaiva )

(08-30-2017, 08:03 AM)epaiva Wrote: Comparing one of the biggest Carcharodon megalodon tooth ever found with an average size C. megalodon tooth and a tooth of a big Great White Shark. Largest tooth pictured is actual size, taken from the book MEGALODON Hunting the Hunter (Mark Renz)

@GrizzlyClaws
It is one of the largest Megalodon tooth
1 user Likes epaiva's post

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

(09-13-2018, 06:21 PM)epaiva Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 08:03 AM)epaiva Wrote: Comparing one of the biggest Carcharodon megalodon tooth ever found with an average size C. megalodon tooth and a tooth of a big Great White Shark. Largest tooth pictured is actual size, taken from the book MEGALODON Hunting the Hunter (Mark Renz)

@GrizzlyClaws

Wow! That came from one BIG fish.
2 users Like chaos's post

United States GrizzlyClaws Offline
Canine Expert
Moderators

(09-13-2018, 06:21 PM)epaiva Wrote:

@GrizzlyClaws

Looks familiar, maybe those 7 inches Meg teeth in the slant height?

Bigcat Enthusiast

5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 11:55 PM by Pckts )

Amazing photos and videos of the massive Deep Blue!

her she is with a massive Tiger Shark for comparison

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-16-2019, 04:50 AM by Pckts )

There is another picture and a video of her with deep blue but It's not showing up for whatever reason so I'll post it below

5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 01:09 AM by Pckts )

One more of the massive Deep Blue, this is the best one to give you an idea of how large it actually is

DEEP BLUE, THE MASSIVE, 20FT-LONG GREAT WHITE SHARK THOUGHT TO BE BIGGEST ON RECORD, SPOTTED OFF HAWAII COAST
_
'Deep Blue' was last spotted two decades ago in Mexico and is reportedly the largest great white in existence 
_
It weighs an enormous 2.5 tons, measures around 20 feet long and is 50 years old according to scientists
_
Divers Mark Mohler and Kimberly Jeffries first spotted her Sunday and jumped in the water to take pictures 

The link incase the post isn't showing up
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsvo1rjlB-SE...RzkN_UJg0/

Sanju Offline

Click the video to Play

Oh God!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 users Like Sanju's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

6 users Like epaiva's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Acrobatic great white shark ! Its head is at a right angle compared to the body.

4 users Like Spalea's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

That posting #73 from @epaiva . It just is amazing, I mean astonishing. Not because of size of that shark, but because they weighed it but didn´t measure length. I mean is it so, that they couldn´t find any measuring tape from whole Japan?  I have seen several articles about this shark, but no information, that how long it was... and getting opportunity to measure this long shark easily doesn´t happen too often after all. They could have used a rope and make markings to get measurement later if really no measurement tape available, but no. 

Or has someone seen length of this shark somewhere maybe?
1 user Likes Shadow's post