There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maps of Sabi Sand Coalitions Males and Prides

United States IñigoMontoya Offline

A bit of more work.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like IñigoMontoya's post

Michael Offline

(05-18-2018, 07:29 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: A bit of more work.
Piece of advice if you are trying to use different colours for each concession/lodges try to use different colours there is too much green that said if you use too many different colours it might look too colourful so idk

(05-18-2018, 08:15 PM)Michael Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 07:29 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: A bit of more work.
Piece of advice if you are trying to use different colours for each concession/lodges try to use different colours there is too much green that said if you use too many different colours it might look too colourful so idk

Oh, yes I will use different color. There are many green because it dont finished yet. Thanks for the advice.

The map is complete.I'm looking for a way to upload it to this website.

Now....

I have located 6 prides more or less but.... Somebody can tell me how many prides are in SABI SANDS actually.

I have located more or less  4 males coalitions, but I miss one BB, and the last see of matshapiri male was in mala mala but i dont know where.

Where is the Maghene pride last position?

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like IñigoMontoya's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Believing to the brimingham boys facebook fanpage and Londolozi blog Nhenha is with Ntsevu pride (http://blog.londolozi.com/2018/05/11/the...tures-334/).
About Mhangenis here is the post for its facebook page :
"Elephant Plains Game Lodge
Big 5 Sightings 07 to 13 May

The Big 5 highlight of the week was the Mhangene pride of subadult lions following the Nkuhuma pride of lions whist hunting an impala, then stealing the kill from the Nkuhumas
07 May 2018
- Nine sub adults from the Mhangene pride resting on East 
Bank Manyaleti
- The Nkuhuma pride of lions caught a male impala, whilst 
feeding the nine subadult lions of the Mhangene pride stole 
the impala kill in a fight at Marula built South

https://www.elephantplains.co.za/big-5-b…/…/big-5-sightings/
photo: One of the Mhangeni sub adults seen at Idube lodge gate on May 9, 2018; credits to @hitaventer"

So they seem to be pretty close to Matimbas. Can someone describe me who is this Mantimahle duo close to Avocas?
1 user Likes Potato's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(05-20-2018, 11:08 PM)Potato Wrote: Can someone describe me who is this Mantimahle duo close to Avocas?

They're four males that have territory in the Kruger park and sometimes they visit the southern part of the sabi sands. So far, they haven't really shown a lot of interest on expanding their land.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(05-20-2018, 02:10 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: Where is the Maghene pride last position?

According to Londolozi's last article, in their property, they say that: 

"The Mhangeni pride, sitting on territory that essentially lies between the Birmingham males and the Matimbas’ new areas, have been forced to venture outside their usual patrol areas in order to pair up with males for mating purposes, and recently we have been seeing them coming east more and more."

Chris Offline

(05-20-2018, 11:46 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(05-20-2018, 11:08 PM)Potato Wrote: Can someone describe me who is this Mantimahle duo close to Avocas?

They're four males that have territory in the Kruger park and sometimes they visit the southern part of the sabi sands. So far, they haven't really shown a lot of interest on expanding their land.
They’re a coalition of 5.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(05-24-2018, 01:45 AM)Chris Wrote: They’re a coalition of 5.

They were, yes, but one of the males hasn't been seen for over a year and is assumed to be dead.

Bangladesh sundarbans Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-24-2018, 03:15 AM by sundarbans )

Aren't Ntsevu and Kambula different names for the same pride?

As for the prides in SS, the map seems to be missing the Torchwood, Styx, Tsalala and Fourways prides.
1 user Likes sundarbans's post

Yeah, There are some missing.

But that is because I need help to locate them. I dont know where is the Styx pride  in this moment. (I put out for the moment).

Where is the last position of Tsalala pride?

Are the Torchwood pride in Torchwood? Well i can put it in this territoy.

The fourways pride last position is out of Mala Mala then i put it out. When I know if they back to Mala Mala i will put them into the territory (Same for the Matshapiri male. He is missing for some months)

Are the Netsuvu and Kambula the same Pride?.

Thx for the help.

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes IñigoMontoya's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(05-24-2018, 02:32 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: Yeah, There are some missing.

But that is because I need help to locate them. I dont know where is the Styx pride  in this moment. (I put out for the moment).

Where is the last position of Tsalala pride?

Are the Torchwood pride in Torchwood? Well i can put it in this territoy.

The fourways pride last position is out of Mala Mala then i put it out. When I know if they back to Mala Mala i will put them into the territory (Same for the Matshapiri male. He is missing for some months)

Are the Netsuvu and Kambula the same Pride?.

Thx for the help.

Yes Netsuvu and Kambula are same
MalaMala calls them Kambula
Londolozi named them as Netsvu 

Similarly Gowrie males same as BirminghamBoys
Tsalala same as Marthly

It seems BB and Matimba  are around SINGITA.

Anyone know where is the position of Styx pride?. And Tsalala Pride?

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like IñigoMontoya's post

jordi6927 Offline

(05-26-2018, 03:19 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: It seems BB and Matimba  are around SINGITA.

Anyone know where is the position of Styx pride?. And Tsalala Pride?

What about the Ximhungwe Pride ... they are small and hard to pin down but I think they are NW ... can anyone confirm? thx

little by little I will add content to map. For the moment I cant up to web. The "QGIS plugin cloud" give me an error.

I dont know where is the Ximhungwe Pride sorry. I will put out of map in the next upgrade.

Keep in mind that the pride and coalitions move continuously.

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like IñigoMontoya's post