There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(05-14-2024, 08:03 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Avoca YM

So glad to know that this boy is ok. Thank you for the update buddy.
4 users Like afortich's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(05-15-2024, 12:29 AM)afortich Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 08:03 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Avoca YM

So glad to know that this boy is ok. Thank you for the update buddy.

You’re welcome my friend, I’m now hoping this boy finds new companionship. The Birmingham Nephew would be a great candidate
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-15-2024, 05:12 PM by Potato )

Also some updates regarding the Monwana pride from this guide in the comment section under the video:
"only one of the cubs got killed, it was not really a subadult. Luckily the female got away too, although she seems to be by herself at the moment"
"As far as I know there is one cub killed and a female was badly injured. No other reports so far!"
"Mapoza is still alive apparently, he ran off when the Black dam males made their approach!!"
7 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A great sighting of the Torchwood male
Photo credit: Karin van Zyl

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like T I N O's post

Contributor

(05-15-2024, 05:35 PM)T I N O Wrote: A great sighting of the Torchwood male
Photo credit: Karin van Zyl

*This image is copyright of its original author

I would like to see more recent images of him accompanying his coalition partner. we have seen each separately only.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Moving on.  I hope this works out for them.

7 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Contributor

Does anyone know if mongawane coallition (BYM and Torchwood) are still together?? Thanks!
3 users Like afortich's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(05-16-2024, 09:59 AM)afortich Wrote: Does anyone know if mongawane coallition (BYM and Torchwood) are still together?? Thanks!

Recent updates of both males indicate otherwise. Hopefully they’re still together, at least both males are in great condition
4 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-16-2024, 09:59 AM)afortich Wrote: Does anyone know if mongawane coallition (BYM and Torchwood) are still together?? Thanks!

Both seen in same area, prob yes.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(05-16-2024, 12:47 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Moving on.  I hope this works out for them.

they occasionally traverse onto timbavati so this isnt an indication theyre leaving.....theyre actually already back. which if BDs are still in thearea doesnt Bode well.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(05-16-2024, 09:01 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 12:47 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Moving on.  I hope this works out for them.

they occasionally traverse onto timbavati so this isnt an indication theyre leaving.....theyre actually already back.   which if BDs are still in thearea doesnt Bode well.

On demand reply.

6 users Like T_Ferguson's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(05-16-2024, 09:03 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 09:01 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

they occasionally traverse onto timbavati so this isnt an indication theyre leaving.....theyre actually already back.   which if BDs are still in thearea doesnt Bode well.

On demand reply.

Black dam males are healthy beasts!
4 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

6 users Like Potato's post

Contributor

(05-16-2024, 06:03 PM)T I N O Wrote:

Recent updates of both males indicate otherwise. Hopefully they’re still together, at least both males are in great condition

Thank you for the update my friend. Probably, they're been apart lately temporarily.
3 users Like afortich's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 05:32 AM by Mapokser )

Is the Giraffe male close to his BDM cousins or does he have good chances of raising these cubs?

His brother cannot offer any help after all.
2 users Like Mapokser's post