There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Canada Robot00 Offline

(08-01-2023, 11:19 AM)Timbavati Wrote: The white Birmingham male and the two tawny boys caught a male lion and beating him up. Special thanks to Umbabat for the update. 
[url]https://www.instagram.com/p/CvZCoYWqsjx/[/insta]][insta] https://www.instagram.com/p/CvZCoYWqsjx/[/insta][/url]

First link no good. 2nd link ok but no showing of what actually occurred. Only shown a little bit of a chase

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-01-2023, 11:24 AM)Robot00 Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 11:19 AM)Timbavati Wrote: The white Birmingham male and the two tawny boys caught a male lion and beating him up. Special thanks to Umbabat for the update. 
[url]https://www.instagram.com/p/CvZCoYWqsjx/[/insta]][insta] https://www.instagram.com/p/CvZCoYWqsjx/[/insta][/url]

First link no good. 2nd link ok but no showing of what actually occurred. Only shown a little bit of a chase

A strange issue occurred when I posted the link from my iPhone. I had to switch to my other phone to fix it. Thank you for letting me know links not were showing good
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-01-2023, 11:19 AM)Timbavati Wrote: The white Birmingham male and the two tawny boys caught a male lion and beating him up. Special thanks to Umbabat for the update

Are they challenging 3 River Pride males who are territorial there?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-01-2023, 12:33 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 11:19 AM)Timbavati Wrote: The white Birmingham male and the two tawny boys caught a male lion and beating him up. Special thanks to Umbabat for the update

It’s  what looks like
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The bigger Mbiri male -  A fine specimen of male lion seen at Ngala Private Game Reserve on the trail of an intruder
Photo credits: Damen Pheiffer
Via Instagram: damenpheiffer
August 2023

*This image is copyright of its original author

11 users Like T I N O's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

(08-01-2023, 01:33 AM)Well, I don\t think you can compare exactly.  These boys are Ross Legacies, from fierce males, but also they were raised directly by them, where they could observe their aggressive actions and learn from them, too.Breakaway groups tend to sometimes be more cautious, wary.  They were raised alone, no males around to observe and learn from.  These coalitions always remember being mostly with lionesses and on the run from other males.... This is not the case in every coalition, but we can see a pattern.  The Shish coalition took a LONG TIME finally gaining a pride for four males and being blood brothers.  They are already 9 and have yet to have two year old sub offspring....yet they were raised by their fathers and not in some breakaway pride.  We wouldn't knock them just because they took their time in taking over prides.  Look at them now! Sometimes it also depends on luck and having more of an eagerness to explore (this being related to confidence). Robot00 Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 01:22 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Update of the Birmingham young males (White male and his tawny males)

I guess these boys are smarter than their other six half brothers because they're about to become pride males with just three of them. Their other six half brothers are still nomads and did i say there's six of them?

How is it that these three are able to find pride land so soon vs the other six if not for their smart mentality?

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(08-01-2023, 05:07 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

It’s  what looks like

Guide was talking that they cought one of the two dominant males? Are River males down to two at the moment? Also Nharhu male used to be dominant male of Western pride so far. Perhaps in fact it was Nharhu male who get cought not one of the Rive males.
3 users Like Potato's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

As if things weren’t interesting enough…..Ross Males after Mayambula ??? Where the heck are Sindsiza and Rhasa?

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-01-2023, 11:24 AM)Robot00 Wrote:

Full video posted on Umbabat FB Page
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-01-2023, 06:13 PM)Potato Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 05:07 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

It’s  what looks like

Guide was talking that they cought one of the two dominant males? Are River males down to two at the moment? Also Nharhu male used to be dominant male of Western pride so far. Perhaps in fact it was Nharhu male who get cought not one of the Rive males.

Who knows - Thus far any theory might be. Today Ryan will send me a few pics and videos of the fight. Hopefully we can get a proper ID.
5 users Like T I N O's post

Mwk85 Offline

8 users Like Mwk85's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A recent sighting of the 6 Birmingham breakaway young males at Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
They were found on Vlakgezicht fairly close to the  Tswane cut line and fairly close to (Bateleur)
Photo credits: Rob Mackintosh
Timbavati 
August 2023

10 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Klaserie River Pride, sons of Hosi and Socha look amazing:

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Mapoza:

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Birmingham breakaway's on a massive stroll. Had them south west the day before and they walked north east before they swing south east again. I am sure the Ross males thought they were crazy. They picked up on the Monwana pride and the Ross males chased them far up to the north east. I could not believe the pace these 2 males kept and distance covered in such a short period of time. ( I did post a short reel of the Monwana's running earlier the week)

7 users Like Potato's post