There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(06-15-2023, 06:27 PM)Potato Wrote: Vuyela Males chased 3 Birmingham breakaway males out of their territory and immediately went back to their own. Nice to see them.

Note: that  seem to be  reason why Vuyelas were so far south.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Vuyela males are going to be the next kings of the Timbavati. Possibly taking control of big part of the reserve. Doubt Birmingham breakaway males can take control of them. They’re still young and without experience. Interesting times ahead in the Timbavati tufts
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Update of the Skorro males

7 users Like T I N O's post

Gavskrr Online

One of the reasons for the pair's loss of status duo be tuberculosis, right? they look very skinny, so I don't think the cause is just pressure from other males, they look sick indeed.
3 users Like Gavskrr's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 06-17-2023, 02:09 AM by sik94 )

(06-17-2023, 01:08 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: One of the reasons for the pair's loss of status duo be tuberculosis, right? they look very skinny, so I don't think the cause is just pressure from other males, they look sick indeed.

They just look to be carrying fight injuries to me. Matimba genes are pretty solid based on all the other Matimba sons we know of when it comes to Tuberculosis.

Edit: Just saw the actual footage and they have definitely been in some serious battles recently. They don't look sick, just recovering from injuries.
4 users Like sik94's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(06-16-2023, 08:27 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Update of the Skorro males

What is this picture suppose to be showing?
1 user Likes GhostCatP-22's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(06-17-2023, 03:50 AM)K GhostCatP-22 Wrote:
(06-16-2023, 08:27 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Update of the Skorro males

What is this picture suppose to be showing?
Just an update about Skorro males status. They were sighted yesterday evening on the north of Simbavati with Mayambula pride
3 users Like T I N O's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

@timbavati thank you so much!

BigLion39 Online

Scorro Boys look like they've been through the ringer. No time to relax and get some needed calories from kills and carrying fighting injuries. No way they have TB or disease, just totoo many intusions into their territories. Its amazing they weren't killed. 

I read somewhere that the B'ham Breakaways through them a beating rescently ???

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Update on Klaserie River pride

After a recent freelance stint across at Ivory wilderness I got to finally catch up with the river pride well at least some of it. This seemed to be the main river pride as we know it with the dominant four adult females joined by a young lioness daughter of theirs and two of their sons. The sons are getting fairly large and older now. The dominant Males have not been seen for a while approximately 2 months in this area but there are reports of them being seen further north west.

5 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Two new males taking over the vacant Ngati pride in Balule, no clear face shots yet I don't think. 

9 users Like Tonpa's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(06-18-2023, 02:26 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Two new males taking over the vacant Ngati pride in Balule, no clear face shots yet I don't think. 

Missing your postings bro. Nice pics!!
2 users Like afortich's post

Gavskrr Online

11 years into his legacy: Mapoza 
Say the name Mapoza, and you don’t need to say much more. The king of the Thornybush Nature Reserve has one eye, 14 offspring and has been ruling TNR as the dominant male of the Monwana Pride for the last four years… he is, a Thornybush legacy.
Want to know a bit more about this legendary lion? Keep reading:
Everyone asks what’s caused Mapoza’s one blind/blue eye, and where there are may theories this milky eye is the result of a congenital glaucoma and not as gruesome as a badly executed hunt. He was more than likely born with this defect, but it has gotten progressively worse over time.
Mapoza has been the dominant for about 4 years now… over the years he has grown his offspring of the Monwana pride to over 14 (9 male and 4 female) ranging in age from 7 months to 27 months.
Around 2016, when the first recorded sighting of the Mapoza male lion was noted, he was part of a coalition of two. They were first documented in the Klaserie Nature Reserve, and were thought to be around four or five years old at the time.
In 2020, after a couple years fighting for dominance from various males in the TNR he managed to take over the Monwana Pride.
Sadly, in a lion reality he won’t be occupying his throne for much longer as he in his 11th year and under pressure from younger males… however the Mapoza legacy will rein forever…

Text and Picture: Thornbysh Game Reserve

7 users Like Gavskrr's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Cathan Moore shares a concerning sighting :

‘SKORRO MALE RHASA IS MISSING!
After being chased around by the Vuyela
males for the passes 4 days, I managed to
catch up with the Mayambula pride this
morning and only one skorro male
(Sindzisa) was present. The limping skorro
male Rhasa was no where to be seen and
we can only hope that the vuyelas didn't
catch up with him.
Only time will tell.”

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

Gavskrr Online

Mayambulas have been seen at Motswari, Vuyelas are at motswari, and the three birmingham juveniles too, this area is crowded, I think the two unknown nomad males ended up pushing Skorros towards the vuyela males.
3 users Like Gavskrr's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Ngati Pride under pressure by two lions.

6 users Like afortich's post