There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Short clip of a recent sighting of the Monwana male (who looks really good now) and the Giraffe pride together at RockFig Safari Lodge, Timbavati, posted June 15.

7 users Like lionuk's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-16-2021, 06:38 PM by Potato )

(06-16-2021, 04:10 PM)lionuk Wrote: Short clip of a recent sighting of the Monwana male (who looks really good now) and the Giraffe pride together at RockFig Safari Lodge, Timbavati, posted June 15.

I wonder where are Sumatra/Hercules. Perhaps they moved further to takeover Avoca pride. It is very intresting how dynamic are developing around Giraffe pride now.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Mapoza

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-16-2021, 06:36 PM)Potato Wrote: I wonder where are Sumatra/Hercules. Perhaps they moved further to takeover Avoca pride. It is very intresting how dynamic are developing around Giraffe pride now.

Sumatra was recently seen with 1 of Giraffe female, Giraffe pride is split..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

I do not believe Giraffe pride is split.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(06-16-2021, 11:25 PM)Potato Wrote: I do not believe Giraffe pride is split.

Actually, could be a great chance that the Giraffe pride has split-up in two groups, the Monwana male was seen last month with three females and 1 younger male. Hercules was seen mating with a lioness in Thornybush, Still waiting for the date of the sighting
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Klaserie update - two young males were seen chasing the Dundee male recently, and today, a young male was chasing another male at Senalala and hilltops 'still unknown, but perhaps, the young male was seen chasing to the River pride male known as Hosi'
2 users Like T I N O's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Deadly duo! What a fantastic capture of the two old River pride males on a territorial patrol at Ingwelala.

Image by: Karin Braby
5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

The last man standing ~ The Machimba male lion photographed two years ago at Java camp in Northern Timbavati. After his brother was killed, the Machimba male was seen mating with the Western-pride females for a period of time before he moved to Kruger National Park and seen in Olifants area last year.

Image by: Rodney Brian Van Soest
5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

1 Avoca female was caught and killed by 4 Monwana females :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQOP0_UAXLF/...=copy_link
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-17-2021, 07:21 PM by Potato )

(06-17-2021, 04:16 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Klaserie update - two young males were seen chasing the Dundee male recently
Dundee male moved north in the past weeks/months so perhaps he came across Skorro males.

(06-17-2021, 04:16 AM)Timbavati Wrote: and today, a young male was chasing another male at Senalala and hilltops 'still unknown, but perhaps, the young male was seen chasing to the River pride male known as Hosi'
Perhaps Vuelas are expanding to the north...

(06-17-2021, 04:10 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Hercules was seen mating with a lioness in Thornybush
I wonder who that lionesses could be. In this arena it would make sense if it would be Monwana female, but today came up a video in one of fb groups of Monwana pride killing lone Avoca female in their territory. Perhaps he was mating with this Avoca female.
1 user Likes Potato's post

United States Xiku_kutsu Offline

Another view of monwana lionesses attacking the avoca lioness at 1:00

Beauty in all his words - A very fantastic portrait of the Bigger Mbiri male who alongside his brother dominates over the Mayambula and Skorro prides in the Kruger National Park.

Image by: @wildlifeafricaphotography
4 users Like Cunaguaro's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

When the Avoca pride encroached deep into the Monwana pride's territory, a large female from the Avoca pride was isolated and brutally attacked by the four Monwana females.

Unfortunately, she didn't survive. 

6 users Like lionuk's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-18-2021, 04:56 PM)lionuk Wrote: When the Avoca pride encroached deep into the Monwana pride's territory, a large female from the Avoca pride was isolated and brutally attacked by the four Monwana females.

Unfortunately, she didn't survive. 

Is she sister of Avoca males? Or even older, maybe mother?.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post