There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

T I N O Offline
Moderators

I seems the Timbavati had been divided in three Reserve,For the lions fans in Timbavati/Balule/Klaserie,Here is allowed shared sightings from the Klaserie too ?

Any moderator or a old members who can help me on this :)

Kind Regards Tino Armando

United States Peteporker Offline

(03-21-2020, 02:10 PM)Cunaguaro Wrote: ¡Nharu young male!

Date: 18-03-2020
Posted by: Tintswalo Safari Lodge. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Mbiri and Nharu male

Any news on his brothers? I think there were 5 of them. Dangerous coalition if they manage to survive and stick together.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-21-2020, 10:12 PM)Peteporker Wrote: Any news on his brothers? I think there were 5 of them. Dangerous coalition if they manage to survive and stick together.

They where last seen east of Manyeleti, in Mluwati Concession.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-21-2020, 10:40 PM by Potato )

(03-21-2020, 10:08 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I seems the Timbavati had been divided in three Reserve,For the lions fans in Timbavati/Balule/Klaserie,Here is allowed shared sightings from the Klaserie too ?

Any moderator or a old members who can help me on this :)

Kind Regards Tino Armando

Yes, there were also updates from Klaserie and Thornybush in this threed so far. I think it is place for them. Balule either also here or in ""Coalitions of Kruger National Park" threed.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Some captions of the fight between Ross males and young Birmingham boy:

Ross boys are ferocious and overlooked duo, great protectors of the pride and lions not to be mess with, also i never taught they where this big, those lionesses look like kittens around them.

Young Bboy luckly is also quite big so he put up a good fight with help of the females, but for his good he needs to go, next time lionesses might not be around to save him.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Old Avoca/Giraffe coalition when they were dominant at Manyeleti Game Reserve and Timbavati... one of the largest males in the area

Photo Credit Christof Schoeman 

10 users Like T I N O's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

link to the Ross males attacking the birmingham young male

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9_Vyudp-Gs/?igshid=r06257nec3oe&fbclid=IwAR1K9BETD6hthO8RVmJZXQgz4s6QbTtczY0tvbkrCqLFbG_Ri5A9fBzskrM

Such an interesting video. The Birmingham male knew seconds before anything happened what was going on in the heads of the Ross males. Also, crazy how both dominant males move toward the young male in unison even though there was a tree blocking their view of each other. The Birmingham females also made quite a statement with the roars at the end, their presence was what saved the young male from getting dunked on. The Ross males were looking quite serious about their intentions. MUST WATCH!!!.
5 users Like sik94's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

(03-22-2020, 06:48 AM)sik94 Wrote: link to the Ross males attacking the birmingham young male

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9_Vyudp-Gs/?igshid=r06257nec3oe&fbclid=IwAR1K9BETD6hthO8RVmJZXQgz4s6QbTtczY0tvbkrCqLFbG_Ri5A9fBzskrM

Such an interesting video. The Birmingham male knew seconds before anything happened what was going on in the heads of the Ross males. Also, crazy how both dominant males move toward the young male in unison even though there was a tree blocking their view of each other. The Birmingham females also made quite a statement with the roars at the end, their presence was what saved the young male from getting dunked on. The Ross males were looking quite serious about their intentions. MUST WATCH!!!.

5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Ross lions are huge or Birningham females are small 
Impressive males
3 users Like Mohawk4's post

Venezuela titose Offline

(03-22-2020, 08:24 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: A beautiful looking from this Birmingham/Gowrie Male,in our area they had been known as the Birmingham/Orpen Males,And now they has been renamed as the Gowrie Males at MalaMala Game Reserve

Date: February 2020
Greater Kruger
Photo Credit: Henry Bermuda Smith

I don't think this is the place to put them since these males have their own thread? 
I think it would be better to put it in its place!
https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-the-birmingham-males?page=116
2 users Like titose's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

(03-23-2020, 10:49 AM)titose Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 08:24 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: A beautiful looking from this Birmingham/Gowrie Male,in our area they had been known as the Birmingham/Orpen Males,And now they has been renamed as the Gowrie Males at MalaMala Game Reserve

Date: February 2020
Greater Kruger
Photo Credit: Henry Bermuda Smith

I don't think this is the place to put them since these males have their own thread? 
I think it would be better to put it in its place!
https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-the-birmingham-males?page=116

I also thought the same but assumed that some moderator would correct it at any time.
2 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

1 of the 3 Abercrombie males near Motswari Camp in Timbavati :

These males hang out on northern border of Timbavati and can occasionaly be seen around Motswari Camp. 

I didnt know, but this males are apperantly born in Scorro pride near the end of 2014 and sired by N. Matimbas.

Sadly 1 of them had a very bad injuries on both back legs and is pressumed to be dead by now.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(03-24-2020, 03:34 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: 1 of the 3 Abercrombie males near Motswari Camp in Timbavati :

These males hang out on northern border of Timbavati and can occasionaly be seen around Motswari Camp. 

I didnt know, but this males are apperantly born in Scorro pride near the end of 2014 and sired by N. Matimbas.

Sadly 1 of them had a very bad injuries on both back legs and is pressumed to be dead by now.

They were seen a few days ago
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Nharhu Males on alert to the sound of others lions roariing in the distace
Is incredible how these boys are Kings of a big part of the Timbavati,And Vocalising marking their dominance with a chilling roar at Umlani Bushcamp

Credit Umlani Bushcamp

5 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Aren't Nharhu the males seen from time to time at Motswari?
1 user Likes Potato's post