There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(12-19-2022, 07:32 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 06:41 AM)Timbavati Wrote: One of the Mongawane males ,,Torchwood young male" at Shindzela Tented Camp
PC: Nick McArdle

*This image is copyright of its original author

One of the prettiest males around, used to have a face unmarred by scars of any sort, I see all of that is slowly changing, now that he is out and about with his partner.

The Torchwood is such a beautiful male. He is turning into a fine specimen.
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(12-19-2022, 07:32 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 06:41 AM)Timbavati Wrote: One of the Mongawane males ,,Torchwood young male" at Shindzela Tented Camp
PC: Nick McArdle

One of the prettiest males around, used to have a face unmarred by scars of any sort, I see all of that is slowly changing, now that he is out and about with his partner.

The Torchwood is such a beautiful male. He is turning into a fine specimen.
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

A fantastic sighting of the Guernsey male. A fine specimen of male lion approaching to his heyday. 
PC: Kaden Maasch

7 users Like Timbavati's post

Gavskrr Offline

(12-20-2022, 03:28 AM)Timbavati Wrote: A fantastic sighting of the Guernsey male. A fine specimen of male lion approaching to his heyday. 

I would really like him to join the limping monwana male, by the way I haven't seen information on the limping monwana male's young coalition partner for a while, does anyone know if he is still alive?

off topic nice profile picture friend
3 users Like Gavskrr's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(12-20-2022, 04:02 AM)Gavskrr Wrote:
(12-20-2022, 03:28 AM)Timbavati Wrote: A fantastic sighting of the Guernsey male. A fine specimen of male lion approaching to his heyday. 

I would really like him to join the limping monwana male, by the way I haven't seen information on the limping monwana male's young coalition partner for a while, does anyone know if he is still alive?

off topic nice profile picture friend

Haven't heard of him as well. Hope he is still around, looking good and growing day by day.

Thank you my friend, we've got our third World Cup, it was amazing! I feel fortunate to have see Messi lifting up the World cup, my dad saw to Maradona and Kempes back then, and now Messi.
8 users Like Timbavati's post

Gavskrr Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 12:27 AM by Gavskrr )

Looks like Skorro males found a worse opponent than the young birminghams

By Cathan Moore :A BIG UPDATE from the lion world tonight in the central timbavati.

It started this morning when we located on a sub adult female and an adult lioness from the Riverpride, contact calling and clearly searching for the rest of the pride. Later we also located the other adult lioness also walking in circles (in distress) searching for her family. It was evident that they had been chased and spilt by other lions… but who?
This afternoon we found 4 of the 5 Vuyela males deep in the heart of the Mayambula’s territory and as night blew in, we followed them east as the marked their territory and marched deeper into core of the Mayambula prides territory. I got an updated that 1 skorro male, 6 females (Mayambula) and some cubs were also located but much further south of the vuyelas which deems they safe - for now. It is clear that the vuyelas are now searching for the pride and skorro males after advertising their presence for over a month on the prides western boundary they have finally made the decisive decision and are looking to cause chaos. Also, connecting the dots, it means our Riverpride ran into the vuyelas last night and I can only hope that the missing 3 sub adult males and 1 female are still alive and that they will regroup on the future as currently they are split far apart.
The fairytale of the Mayambula pride is in jeopardy as the vuyelas make their intentions known and only time will tell how the future will unfold.
This has been a conflict in the making for a long time and it’s now reaching boiling point.

(you can see the video on personal page: https://fb.watch/hxN5QYeSWN/ )
8 users Like Gavskrr's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(12-21-2022, 12:26 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: Looks like Skorro males found a worse opponent than the young birminghams

By Cathan Moore :A BIG UPDATE from the lion world tonight in the central timbavati.

It started this morning when we located on a sub adult female and an adult lioness from the Riverpride, contact calling and clearly searching for the rest of the pride. Later we also located the other adult lioness also walking in circles (in distress) searching for her family. It was evident that they had been chased and spilt by other lions… but who?
This afternoon we found 4 of the 5 Vuyela males deep in the heart of the Mayambula’s territory and as night blew in, we followed them east as the marked their territory and marched deeper into core of the Mayambula prides territory. I got an updated that 1 skorro male, 6 females (Mayambula) and some cubs were also located but much further south of the vuyelas which deems they safe - for now. It is clear that the vuyelas are now searching for the pride and skorro males after advertising their presence for over a month on the prides western boundary they have finally made the decisive decision and are looking to cause chaos. Also, connecting the dots, it means our Riverpride ran into the vuyelas last night and I can only hope that the missing 3 sub adult males and 1 female are still alive and that they will regroup on the future as currently they are split far apart.
The fairytale of the Mayambula pride is in jeopardy as the vuyelas make their intentions known and only time will tell how the future will unfold.
This has been a conflict in the making for a long time and it’s now reaching boiling point.

(you can see the video on personal page: https://fb.watch/hxN5QYeSWN/ )

Looks like the Vuyelas are starting a major territorial expansion eastward. Considering their age and their territory before, its normal that they are doing this. This is similar to how N'was males invaded and ousted the Bboys.
6 users Like Mdz123's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

One of the Black dam young males in Thornybush 
PC: Andi Dill

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Skorokoro with the Western pride at Simbavati Hilltop Lodge. 
PC: Adam Russo, Dec. 19, 2022

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The two largest males in the Vuyela coalition making their move on central Timbavati. They were seen recently in Northern Timbavati. Interesting times ahead. 
PC: Frank de Beer at Rockfig Safari Lodge. Dec. 20, 2022

6 users Like Timbavati's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

2018 video.
Late lone giraffe male play with his cubs ( 6 black dam males).

6 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Young Avoca male ( Mapoza son)

8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Guys, I think it would be good time to "refresh" info about Timbavati prides constitution, like number of lionesses, their approx birth dates, who sired them, also number of current cubs/subs. 

I must admit that i completley lost track of Timbavati prides lately. 

I hope somebody who follows Timbavati more closely can provide this info.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

1/7 Birmingham Breakaway Young males seen today, the one who has followed the River pride in the past month. 
Credit: Cathan Moore 

6 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-22-2022, 02:52 AM by Mdz123 )

(12-21-2022, 11:57 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Guys, I think it would be good time to "refresh" info about Timbavati prides constitution, like number of lionesses, their approx birth dates, who sired them, also number of current cubs/subs. 

I must admit that i completley lost track of Timbavati prides lately. 

I hope somebody who follows Timbavati more closely can provide this info.

The Black Dam and Giraffe prides remain as the biggest prides I believe. BDs are in southern Thornybush with Xikukutsus and Giraffe pride is in northern Thornybush with Hercules & Sumatra. They both have at least 20 members. 

The Avocas have no dominant male they somewhere on the border of eastern Thronybush and southwest Timbavati. Their matriarch died a few months ago. Not sure about their composition but they have a young male. 

Birmingham core pride have 3 young males and 5 adult females. Not sure about the number of subadult females but they do have the white female ofc. They are in southern Timbavati on the Manyeleti border. A few females broke away and are spending time with Mbiri males.

Much of northwest Timbavati is Vuyela territory. They have the Sark breakaway pride and likely a few others as their territory stretches pretty far into Klaserie, and they've been invading central Timbavati, which is the territory of 2 Skorro males and Mayambula pride. Speaking of them, they have 11 cubs and 6 adult females.

In central Klaserie is the territory of Hosi and Socha and they have the River pride of 21 members I believe.

Thats all I know about the lions of Timbavati, feel free to correct me.
7 users Like Mdz123's post