There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

BigLion39 Offline

YBM, mane he keeps getting his hind quarters into trouble! Lol! Gotta protect those! Hope he'll heal quick! Atleast he'll had a lot of practice with a bad back hip/leg!
4 users Like BigLion39's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Western Pride Male Sub Adult, son of the Skorro Males continues to look well under the watch of Skokorro, Nharhu. 

"Future of the Western Pride?", Timbavati, Private Reserve, South Africa, Nov 2022 - To end my 2022 safari calendar I took a 'selfish trip' to visit my friends at Leadwood Private Camp Timbavati along with 5 friends. On our first game drive we found the Western Pride lions. This young lion immediately caught my eye.
During the trip I tried a new photo technique for me to get super low angle photos of my subjects and/or eye level shots. I connected my OM System OM-1 and 40-150mm lens to a monopod and then inverted the monopod over the side of the game drive vehicle with the rear screen facing up toward me. I focused and fired the camera with the RM-WR1 Wireless Remote Control. This is the very first image with the new technique. After this shot, I was hooked. btw, I would like to have used a wider angle lens, but wanted to keep my distance from the subject to not stress them and have them act in their natural way. The challenge was pre-guessing the amount of zoom to use. In this particular shot I'm at 120mm (240mm equivalent).”

Credit:  #buddyeleazer 

#magnumexcursions #OMambassador #omsystemambassador #om1 #lions #LionPride #timbavati #leadwoodprivatecamp #southafrica #DefyTheMoment #wildlifeateyelevel #eyelevelphotography

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-23-2022, 05:52 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Western Pride Male Sub Adult, son of the Skorro Males continues to look well under the watch of Skokorro, Nharhu. 

"Future of the Western Pride?", Timbavati, Private Reserve, South Africa, Nov 2022 - To end my 2022 safari calendar I took a 'selfish trip' to visit my friends at Leadwood Private Camp Timbavati along with 5 friends. On our first game drive we found the Western Pride lions. This young lion immediately caught my eye.
During the trip I tried a new photo technique for me to get super low angle photos of my subjects and/or eye level shots. I connected my OM System OM-1 and 40-150mm lens to a monopod and then inverted the monopod over the side of the game drive vehicle with the rear screen facing up toward me. I focused and fired the camera with the RM-WR1 Wireless Remote Control. This is the very first image with the new technique. After this shot, I was hooked. btw, I would like to have used a wider angle lens, but wanted to keep my distance from the subject to not stress them and have them act in their natural way. The challenge was pre-guessing the amount of zoom to use. In this particular shot I'm at 120mm (240mm equivalent).”

#magnumexcursions #OMambassador #omsystemambassador #om1 #lions #LionPride #timbavati #leadwoodprivatecamp #southafrica #DefyTheMoment #wildlifeateyelevel #eyelevelphotography
He resemblances a lot to Rhasa. Thank you for the update
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-23-2022, 05:52 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Western Pride Male Sub Adult, son of the Skorro Males continues to look well under the watch of Skokorro, Nharhu. 

2 users Like Timbavati's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(11-23-2022, 07:11 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

no brothers?
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

United States SMK350 Offline

(Please move if this is the wrong page)

one of fathers of the avoca males, with the avoca pride.

9 users Like SMK350's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(11-24-2022, 12:59 AM)SMK350 Wrote: (Please move if this is the wrong page)

This thread, or the Avoca Males thread, would be the right place for it. Great find!
5 users Like BA0701's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

wow what beast he look like blondie if was healthy
4 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

BigLion39 Offline

Wow what a gorgeous lion! He was very impressive, a bigger Blondie Avoca!
5 users Like BigLion39's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Does anyone have the exact ID of all 7 Avoca/Giraffe males? This guy is clearly one of them, but I only have good photo of Brutus who I believe was the leader and most famous member of the coalition.
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

"We have been very lucky to spend a lot of time with this gorgeous boy lately. He and his brother old boy have been around the females of the kudyela breakaway pride, ready to mate again."

Looks like the Scarface Machaton is gone now
9 users Like Tonpa's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-24-2022, 07:34 PM)Mdz123 Wrote:

Does anyone have the exact ID of all 7 Avoca/Giraffe males? This guy is clearly one of them, but I only have good photo of Brutus who I believe was the leader and most famous member of the coalition.
This Avoca/Giraffe male is the one who spent a lot of time with Brutus. There's a lot of sightings of them in their younger days together.
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

4 users Like Potato's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(11-24-2022, 11:10 PM)Potato Wrote:

What a great sighting, they both look fantastic, and TYM with that beautiful black mane of his. BYM might be a late bloomer in regards to his mane, along the lines of how Shaka Mbiri looked for some time only to now be filling out really well.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Four of the five Vuyela males seen recently at Tulela
PC: Werner Miller

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like Timbavati's post