There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-20-2022, 01:12 AM)Tonpa Wrote: One ear Kudyela male by Parsons lodge. Looks like he has a collar on now

You sure its collar and not snare injury?
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(11-20-2022, 03:01 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 01:12 AM)Tonpa Wrote: One ear Kudyela male by Parsons lodge. Looks like he has a collar on now

You sure its collar and not snare injury?

I can see the transponder here:

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

Now I’m not so sure.  Hmmmmmm

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Ok with the zoom now i can see, it's just his missing ear   Laughing
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Some lion portraits , over the last week as well
*This image is copyright of its original author

Pictured in the first two frames is one of the Black Dam Males and the third one is of a Guernsey Female

10 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Machaton Male "Pretty boy" by Isambane lodge

9 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tanda Tula update

Last weekend the usual lions were not playing along as they had of late; the Giraffe Pride remained south of us and although there were tracks for the Mayambula Pride in the east, they too crossed out of the concession to the east. Fortunately, despite their absence, we still had some good lion viewing with the Sark Breakaway Pride and the Vuyela males spending a couple of days on the periphery of our concession when they were spotted two nights in a row on our access road. It was the first time I have seen the majority of the pride together, and we had 12 of the 14 members present, with only one male and a single female absent from the group. The fact that a mating pair was found a few days later on Nkhari suggests that this may have accounted for their absence.  Speaking of Nkhari, four of the six Birmingham Breakaway males (and yes, we do need to do something about all the “breakaways” in the names of these prides) spent a few days of the week on the property after they were found with a buffalo kill just as the storm rolled in. A couple of days later they were found resting on the big open area at the heart of the property before their tracks headed south.

As the week moved on, the Giraffe Pride did make a return to the area around Plains Camp. First, they spent a day at Sunset Dam, and then they returned a few days later onto the plains below the camp. It is the first time I have seen the pride spending time on the plains in a few months, but with the amount of wildebeest, zebra, giraffe, and impala on the plains, it is no real surprise that they visited it. The single Sark breakaway lioness was also seen in the west this week.

8 users Like Potato's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-22-2022, 04:17 PM by criollo2mil )

The Birmingham YM (Osindile), 1/2 Mongawane was injured after having a dispute with lionesses from yet identified Pride.

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

8 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(11-22-2022, 04:01 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Birmingham YM (Osindile), 1/2 Mongawane was injured after having a dispute with lionesses from yet identified Pride.

Which lodge is this at?
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

(11-22-2022, 06:33 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 04:01 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Birmingham YM (Osindile), 1/2 Mongawane was injured after having a dispute with lionesses from yet identified Pride.

Which lodge is this at?

I can’t quite tell.   One with GREEN vehicles.  Lol lol.  (Sorry). Hehe. 

Here two more pics

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

1/7 Birmingham Breakaways apparently alone

Credit : Johan Smalman

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Which lodge is this at?

It's a little hard to see the injury in the video. Is it a serious injury??
1 user Likes afortich's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(11-22-2022, 10:27 PM)afortich Wrote:

Which lodge is this at?

I can't really see either, but doesn't look too bad. The darkish colour makes me think it's already scabbed over. But I could be wrong and his bone is exposed lol
4 users Like Tonpa's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(11-22-2022, 10:36 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 10:27 PM)afortich Wrote:

Which lodge is this at?

I can't really see either, but doesn't look too bad. The darkish colour makes me think it's already scabbed over. But I could be wrong and his bone is exposed lol

I rather think like you to inject positivism  Lol
4 users Like afortich's post