There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others)

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Michael Laubscher: " f you can tell me how many flies are in this image and only if you get the answer right will I send you the high res image for you to print "

Mission impossible, indeed...
5 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Khalid: " Power of the king "

2 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Sachin Rai: " Warrior!
He and his two brothers were taking on everything from hyenas to other lions and had battle scars to show. "

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The famous Namiri, son of C-BOY 
Photo credit to: Nishant

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Snyggve, aka as Namiri, Snyggve along with his coalition partner was roaming the plains of Serengeti when we chanced upon them for some amazing shots..
Photo credit to: Nishant Kurup

5 users Like Timbavati's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(09-10-2020, 06:11 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The famous Namiri, son of C-BOY 

C-Boy and Hildur were two of the most gorgeous lions I have ever seen. His son clearly takes after him, very much. Amazing specimens!

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-11-2020, 01:07 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 06:11 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The famous Namiri, son of C-BOY 

C-Boy and Hildur were two of the most gorgeous lions I have ever seen. His son clearly takes after him, very much. Amazing specimens!

totally agreed
Namiri is such a wonderful specimen, big and handsome like his father I'm glad that those old guys left legacy behind in the Serengeti.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Wildanimal Lover

Zhayynn James: " We tracked this handsome blonde boy for more than 5 kms as he walked virtually in a straight line past Lake Ndutu. We had a smorgasbord of photographic opportunities in a a variety of backgrounds, close-up portraits, head-on images and habitat shots. "

4 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Sachin Rai: " A lion couple mating in the Ngorongoro crater, Tanzania. "

Wildanimal Lover

Khalid: " Angry king "

Wildanimal Lover

Marlon du Toit: " A lioness sits up in realization that she’s about to get soaked by a Serengeti downpour. She’s on the open marshes of the Ndutu plains & there’s simply no shelter for her.
As a photographer I always look to add more elements to the frame. It could be emotional, capturing subtle changes in behavior etc. But my fave is adding different natural elements such as dust, wind or rain. Just make the image so much more interesting. "

Wildanimal Lover

Zhayynn James: " Caption this!
I had a hard time thinking of a suitable caption for this and thought it best to leave it to you guys to come up with something funny, creative an quirky to fit the image. "

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Johan Van Zyl: " A magnificent Male Lion in the Ngorongoro Crater.

With all the rain around large parts of East Africa, many of the roads around the Parks were closed. What it did mean though is that we had some beautiful lush green vegetation which made for some amazing dark green backgrounds.
This Male and his brother (coalition of 5) were lazing about, as big cats usually do, but when they eventually picked up their heads they revealed their true beauty. "

Johan Van Zyl: " A Big Male Lion moving out of the sun as the morning started warming up in the Ngorongoro Crater.
This particular Male was with a Lioness, and appeared to very interested in her. As soon as she moved towards a clump of thickets to get some shade, he wasn't too far behind her... "

Wildanimal Lover

Johan Van Zyl: " Three Musketeers in the Ngorongoro Crater. "

3 users Like Spalea's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

By Homman's Africa
3 users Like Balam's post