There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Ngonya Offline

Just a glimpse of his most recent video
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Torchwood young males, sons of Kruger males :

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Wow, he has that Matimba look.  Likely grandson or great-grandson of HB Matimba.
2 users Like Cath2020's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Still no actual footage of bdm ?? Read they got chased by pcm stepbro. That was just guide assuming it was bdm??
2 users Like Friarfan619's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(04-08-2024, 12:26 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Still no actual footage of bdm ?? Read they got chased by pcm stepbro. That was just guide assuming it was bdm??

They appeared on WildEarth yesterday with some Nkuhuma Pride members, and that sighting of the chase was confirmed to be the BDMs too.
3 users Like KM600's post

NLAL11 Offline

James talks briefly about the dynamics of Northern Sabi Sands and verbally confirms the BDMs being chased.

6 users Like NLAL11's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-08-2024, 04:19 AM)KM600 Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 12:26 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Still no actual footage of bdm ?? Read they got chased by pcm stepbro. That was just guide assuming it was bdm??

They appeared on WildEarth yesterday with some Nkuhuma Pride members, and that sighting of the chase was confirmed to be the BDMs too.

Not really.

BDs were never shown on WE as being w Nkuhumas. You may be referring to some flashbacks they’re airing on Mondays/Tuesday’s now that they’re no longer doing live coverage on those days.    The last time Bds have been confirmed and seen was 13 March

The supposed chase was by Cedric and he all but recanted.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-08-2024, 09:14 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

Not really.

BDs were never shown on WE as being w Nkuhumas.  You may be referring to some flashbacks they’re airing on Mondays/Tuesday’s now that they’re no longer doing live coverage on those days.    The last time Bds have been confirmed and seen was 13 March

This situation is really strange, they've just vanished.
2 users Like BA0701's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-08-2024, 09:52 PM by KM600 )

(04-08-2024, 09:14 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

Not really.

BDs were never shown on WE as being w Nkuhumas.  You may be referring to some flashbacks they’re airing on Mondays/Tuesday’s now that they’re no longer doing live coverage on those days.    The last time Bds have been confirmed and seen was 13 March

The stream I’m on about was on Saturday yet u may very well be right about the clips of them being old. Thought they’d stop doing replays after that two day hiatus.
3 users Like KM600's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

With all NK cubs dead and the BDM possibly not sighted in almost 1 month, it's the perfect time for the Kambulas to make a bloodless takeover and finally give stability to this pride and the area.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States T_Ferguson Online
( This post was last modified: 04-09-2024, 12:04 AM by T_Ferguson Edit Reason: adding tweet )

(04-08-2024, 11:26 PM)Mapokser Wrote: With all NK cubs dead and the BDM possibly not sighted in almost 1 month, it's the perfect time for the Kambulas to make a bloodless takeover and finally give stability to this pride and the area.

If only......   I did see a video that looked like one of the boys was trying to see if his sister was ready to go.  Beyond that, they've given me no reason to think they are ready to take on a pride.

7 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Super Moderator

(04-08-2024, 11:45 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 11:26 PM)Mapokser Wrote: With all NK cubs dead and the BDM possibly not sighted in almost 1 month, it's the perfect time for the Kambulas to make a bloodless takeover and finally give stability to this pride and the area.

If only......   I did see a video that looked like one of the boys was trying to see if his sister was ready to go.  Beyond that, they've given me no reason to think they are ready to take on a pride.

With Chela's cubs likely gone, and the death of the pregnant lioness, I believe @criollo2mil mentioned there is possibly one other lioness who may be pregnant as well. Outside of that, I worry about this Kambula lioness, and what will become of her when these boys do finally take over a pride. She will be left alone, without the protections she currently has. We have all seen that it can be done, but that will certainly be a very difficult and stressful time for her.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Black Dams would fit perfectly into central Manyeleti. I hope they will go there. Shitfing towards north would be great for them.
6 users Like Potato's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-09-2024, 01:32 AM)Potato Wrote: Black Dams would fit perfectly into central Manyeleti. I hope they will go there. Shitfing towards north would be great for them.

I agree w this. Their outlook in Sabi sand just isn’t the best. The Mbiri are ripe for the taking. I just hope I who ever does come for the Mbiris, that it’s a bloodless takeover…..im too attacked to those members to see losses now. Sad
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 04-09-2024, 04:33 AM by BA0701 )

(04-09-2024, 04:21 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 01:32 AM)Potato Wrote: Black Dams would fit perfectly into central Manyeleti. I hope they will go there. Shitfing towards north would be great for them.

I agree w this.  Their outlook in Sabi sand just isn’t the best.    The Mbiri are ripe for the taking.    I just hope I who ever does come for the Mbiris, that it’s a bloodless takeover…..im too attacked to those members to see losses now.  Sad

It has been a rough couple of days, for sure. As for the BDMs, I was really hoping for their success in SS, a nice injection of some new blood, from legendary lineage to boot. To be honest, they have not been very aggressive since coming into Nkuhuma territory, chased back and forth with an older solo male for months, he and his sons even returned and visited the pride after he seceded control to them. While I still wish nothing but the best for those two boys, given their seeming lack of confidence at the moment, I am not sure they will be overly aggressive in taking their next pride.
4 users Like BA0701's post