There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

This is why the situation is weird. Kambulas won, but didn't claim the spoils of war because in their minds they're still nomads.

Normally if the nomads win the confrontation, they'll take the territory and become dominant. If they won was because they were territorial/ready already. If they weren't, they wouldn't have won to begin with, as normally dominant males always chases males with nomadic mindset off. You normally won't see fully nomadic males defeating dominant males for obvious reasons.

What happened was that the BDM lost the territorial warfare to a coalition of nomads that have a nomadic mindset, that aren't willing to be dominant males yet, which gives us this weird situation. Kambulas won but didn't claim the BDM's prizes.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

How did they win when if they did defeat the black dam males and the black dam males never left the area after this “fight” the kambulas left so they get into a fight next day black dam males don’t leave the area how did they lose they never left Kambulas left did anyone see the fight to know exactly what happened avoca male he left the area skorro male left the area after his brother was killed Mohawks son is killed they leave the area Birmingham males moved into the northern sabi sands matimbas run south they left the area kambula chased away by 2 plains camp males after they defeated the black dam males this just doesn’t make sense does anyone know what happened in this “fight” if it was 4 on 2 I’d assume they would’ve killed one of them I mean they’ve been in fights and chases sooooo

Friarfan619 Offline

Is it me or kyahna have a darker Mane than all Kambulas??

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
4 users Like Friarfan619's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Speaking of the devil

3 users Like Friarfan619's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-01-2024, 07:06 PM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Is it me or kyahna have a darker Mane than all Kambulas??

He is really coming along in that department, even has some black in his little mohawk. Those genes are strong, it appears.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-01-2024, 07:06 PM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Is it me or kyahna have a darker Mane than all Kambulas??
(04-01-2024, 07:12 PM)BA0701 Wrote: He is really coming along in that department, even has some black in his little mohawk. Those genes are strong, it appears.

Thered no Talamati on those pictures, last male with black mane is K6, youngest male.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 04-01-2024, 09:48 PM by BA0701 )

(04-01-2024, 08:13 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 07:12 PM)BA0701 Wrote: He is really coming along in that department, even has some black in his little mohawk. Those genes are strong, it appears.

Thered no Talamati on those pictures, last male with black mane is K6, youngest male.

You are right, now that you mention it. But, this is what I was referring to, as I noticed it in some of the recent videos of him with the Nkuhumas.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Nevermind, I tried it in a different browser and it worked.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 04-02-2024, 12:33 AM by BA0701 )

Speaking of content in those WildEarth videos, does anyone know what is going on over at WE? They just dropped that old video of the Matimbas and B-Boys, then they released a really old video of Brent from PaintedWolf, discussing some wild dogs that cornered a hyena. Now, they just dropped a video on PaintedWolf that says the live drives for today and tomorrow are going to be scheduled repeats, and a big satellite cable provider (MultiChoice DSTV) just recently stopped carrying the WE channel, stating it is due to broken promises. I hope everything is ok over there, they do a lot of good for the animals, and the community.
3 users Like BA0701's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(04-02-2024, 12:24 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Speaking of content in those WildEarth videos, does anyone know what is going on over at WE? They just dropped that old video of the Matimbas and B-Boys, then they released a really old video of Brent from PaintedWolf, discussing some wild dogs that cornered a hyena. Now, they just dropped a video on PaintedWolf that says the live drives for today and tomorrow are going to be scheduled repeats, and a big satellite cable provider (MultiChoice DSTV) just recently stopped carrying the WE channel, stating it is due to broken promises. I hope everything is ok over there, they do a lot of good for the animals, and the community.

Shame I was looking forward to seeing more Khanya content, hope they get everything straightened out.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Mwk85 Offline

Gingerella and the Ximhungwe lioness having fun with one another. 

4 users Like Mwk85's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Damn In my defense I can't I'd any lions
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Kambula responds to Khanya. Hope he gets far from here

3 users Like Friarfan619's post

( This post was last modified: 04-02-2024, 02:27 PM by KM600 )

(04-02-2024, 08:48 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Kambula responds to Khanya. Hope he gets far from here

Tbf they’re prolly the least of my worries for all the males surrounding him, obviously they can still do real damage to him tho.

(04-01-2024, 08:13 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

K6 is stunning. There’s something about a few strands of darkness in the top of the mane that looks so cool to me.

Friarfan619 Offline

(04-02-2024, 02:26 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 08:48 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Kambula responds to Khanya. Hope he gets far from here

Tbf they’re prolly the least of my worries for all the males surrounding him, obviously they can still do real damage to him tho.
Figured they'd be more confident, especially against a single male
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post