There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Ttimemarti Offline

K3, k4, and k5 are the alleged triplet littermates yes?

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Lion Dynamics Summary by Scar 3.23.24

5 users Like afortich's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

(03-24-2024, 01:31 AM)afortich Wrote: Lion Dynamics Summary by Scar 3.23.24

I didn't think S. Avoca was in that poor a condition.  The title struck me a bit.  Even the shots in the video of him didn't look that awful.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(03-24-2024, 01:35 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 01:31 AM)afortich Wrote: Lion Dynamics Summary by Scar 3.23.24

I didn't think S. Avoca was in that poor a condition.  The title struck me a bit.  Even the shots in the video of him didn't look that awful.

I don't know that he is nearing the end of his days, unless he has a run in with the Nkhulus or something, but he is a little off from his former stature. He and his brother, imo, were two of the most beautiful lions in SS, for quite some time, along with Dark Mane and Blondie. The Avoca pride can sure produce some beauties.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Ngonya Online
( This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 03:44 AM by Ngonya )

(03-23-2024, 10:59 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: K5:
Sorry to bring it up again, but is he the one with some scars on his leg?
Nvm, apparently it is him
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

Ngonya Online
( This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 04:45 AM by Ngonya )

Kambula Boys feeding on a buffalo kill. They may not be the strongest but they definitly some skillful hunters

K3 drinking

K5
5 users Like Ngonya's post

Mak1998 Offline
New Join

I dont think the southern avocas days are numbered. He is missing some teeth and his k9s are wearing down but all he needs is a partner and some good meals and he will be fine.
3 users Like Mak1998's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

He does not look like he is about to die. But he clearly is struggling so I would not be surprised if he doesn't make it to next year either.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

NK Breakaways, credits to Dulini:

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Mapokser's post

United Kingdom NLAL11 Offline

Elephant Plains Lion Sightings 18-24 March

Monday, 18 March 2024
  • The Northern Avoca male lion and three Nkuhuma males stationary on Simbambili Driveway.
Tuesday, 19 March 2024 (No Sightings)

Wednesday, 20 March 2024
  • The Northern Avoca male lion and three Nkuhuma males trailing behind the herd of Cape buffalo on Kudu Drift.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Thursday, 21 March 2024
  • Talamati Breakaway pride of lions stationary at Tripple Pan.
Friday, 22 March 2024
  • The Nkuhuma pride of lions consisting of eight individuals stationary at Tamboti Open.
Saturday, 23 March 2024
  • The Talamati pride consisting of one adult female and two sub adults, feeding on a kudu bull east of Sandy Patch on the fire break.
Sunday, 24 March 2024
  • The Talamati pride consisting of one adult female and two sub adults, feeding on a kudu bull east of Sandy Patch on the fire break.
https://elephantplains.co.za/big-5-blog/...-24-march/
9 users Like NLAL11's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-28-2024, 10:11 PM)afortich Wrote: BDM with Avoca lioness

These are the Northern BDs in Thornybush. Not in SS :)
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-24-2024, 01:29 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: K3, k4, and k5 are the alleged triplet littermates yes?

yes, that is what I have tracked all along.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(03-29-2024, 04:28 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 10:11 PM)afortich Wrote: BDM with Avoca lioness

These are the Northern BDs in Thornybush.   Not in SS :)

Thank you buddy. I will move it to thimbavati thread
2 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

4 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

4 users Like afortich's post