There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(12-05-2023, 12:32 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Some unknown males on Djuma this morning, same boys have been in the area since atleast September, they had a third member who seems to be gone now.

*This image is copyright of its original author

in the manyeleti

5 users Like Tonpa's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(12-22-2023, 08:11 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 12:32 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Some unknown males on Djuma this morning, same boys have been in the area since atleast September, they had a third member who seems to be gone now.

in the manyeleti

Now that is the definition of a Mohawk
2 users Like KM600's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

"The Ximungwe pride enjoying a relaxing morning unbeknownst to the danger lurking nearby."
By mammes_wildlifephotography

8 users Like Tonpa's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Crazy if that leopard didn't see the lioness.
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

Mwk85 Offline

Could potentially still be with the Skorro Orpen. If so, perhaps we'll see Nkuhuma with a legitimate partner down the road at some point.

7 users Like Mwk85's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I believe there is a place for a coalition and a pride in Londolozi, between PCM, Ndhzengas and Kambulas in the north.

If Kambulas keep pushing north, then another duo will be able to hold territory in Londolozi. I mean it has happened before, we had Bboys in the north, Matshipiri in MalaMala, Majingilane in the West and S.Matimba in Londolozi.

Instead of 4 Majingis and 4-5 Bboys, we'd have only 4 Kambulas and the rest are duos, so it'll be easier for a duo to hold territory in Londolozi.

Right now if NK manages to bond with Skorro, they'll be a contender for that place. They can start small with Tsalala and later perhaps attract some more females.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

2 users Like KM600's post

(12-23-2023, 05:31 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I believe there is a place for a coalition and a pride in Londolozi, between PCM, Ndhzengas and Kambulas in the north.

If Kambulas keep pushing north, then another duo will be able to hold territory in Londolozi. I mean it has happened before, we had Bboys in the north, Matshipiri in MalaMala, Majingilane in the West and S.Matimba in Londolozi.

Instead of 4 Majingis and 4-5 Bboys, we'd have only 4 Kambulas and the rest are duos, so it'll be easier for a duo to hold territory in Londolozi.

Right now if NK manages to bond with Skorro, they'll be a contender for that place. They can start small with Tsalala and later perhaps attract some more females.

Thing that makes it hard would be the fact every major coalition has territory that overlaps in Londolozi, meaning that the coalition that claims Londolozi would have to be one of the strongest we’ve ever seen. Even then I don’t see a coalition that strong and presumably that big only sticking to just Londolozi, it’d be a matter of time before they claim territory in other parts of Sabi Sand.

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

It would take a pretty decent sized pride to entice a large coalition to settle down in Londolozi and chase off the other large coalitions that share the land.
But a pride wont settle there without the protection of a coalition. So I dont see it happening soon.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Again, 2 Matimbas settled in Londolozi with 5 Birminghams to their north, 4 Majingilane to their west and 2 Matshipiri to their east.

So how can't some other duo settle there with 2 PCM to their west, 2 BDM to their north and 2 Ndhzengas to their east?

Canada Robot00 Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 06:29 AM by Robot00 )

(12-24-2023, 02:15 AM)KM600 Wrote:
Please also include who the lions are. I am really bad at i.d. so listing who they are with the pictures would be really awsome

Ttimemarti Offline

(12-24-2023, 04:57 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Again, 2 Matimbas settled in Londolozi with 5 Birminghams to their north, 4 Majingilane to their west and 2 Matshipiri to their east.

So how can't some other duo settle there with 2 PCM to their west, 2 BDM to their north and 2 Ndhzengas to their east?

But the matimbas eventually left no fight they just left

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-24-2023, 04:57 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Again, 2 Matimbas settled in Londolozi with 5 Birminghams to their north, 4 Majingilane to their west and 2 Matshipiri to their east.

That didnt last for long, eventually Matimbas got outpressured by neighbouring coalitions.

(12-24-2023, 04:57 AM)Mapokser Wrote: So how can't some other duo settle there with 2 PCM to their west, 2 BDM to their north and 2 Ndhzengas to their east?

There is no enough space.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

(12-24-2023, 06:28 AM)Robot00 Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 02:15 AM)KM600 Wrote:
Please also include who the lions are. I am really bad at i.d. so listing who they are with the pictures would be really awsome

I think the first photo is two of the Kambula males and the second photo is Dark Mane Jr
1 user Likes KM600's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 07:38 PM by Potato )

1. Matimbas had prize in Londolozi in form of Tsalala pride. What for would any coalition settle down in Londolozi right now?

2. That was not a typical situation, but an extreme one. Londolozi guides even were making jokes that Matimbas have smaller territory than leopards which is... unussual for a male coalition. Althrough such situations can happen it will very extreme rare so why count on that to happen...

3. Matimbas in that peroid of time (not even 1 and half year) had like 8 confrontations with Majingilanes and in the end were ousted by Matshapiris. It shows that there clearly were not enough space for every coalition and such situation could least only for so long untill one coalition get to manage to oust another. Situation when some coalition right now try to settle down in Londolozi and live peacefully between Ndzengas, PCs, Black Dams or Kambulas is not going to happen.
4 users Like Potato's post