There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States afortich Online
Contributor

(06-29-2023, 11:48 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Tumbela and NK still together :

Great news. Hopefully, these two boys stay together and away from fights until ready.
1 user Likes afortich's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

I reached out to diff to ask when This was taken. But he hasn’t cooperated. lol
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

He said "this evening", no?

If these 2 get enough time to spend together a coalition might be formed.

If this happens then I wonder if we'll get something similar to what NK and Nhenha were, fleeing the PCM, coming back to roar, fleeing again, and so on.

Basically the same situation as right now but with a coalition acting acting territorial when around instead of lone males not engaging in any territorial behavior.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

I'm glad Tumbella skorrojr and NYM are finally united.
 I really wanted them to join forces for a long time. 

One concern is that the NYM has lost partners on several occasions and seems a bit lacking in confidence.

Tumbella wouldn't take a wild challenge if he was as wise as him father skorro. 

But who knows the world of wild lions? No one knows the future. 

I'd rather they move to a less competitive place, but I don't know if Junior, who has long fallen in love with Shimungwe, will abandon her and move.

I am not good at English, so please understand. Ha ha.
1 user Likes veritas's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Wooldnt be good if Skorro YM joins them, they can be a serious challenger to PCMs and N'was
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

WildRev Offline

(06-30-2023, 11:10 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:

Wooldnt be good if Skorro YM joins them, they can be a serious challenger to PCMs and N'was

What would you want them to be challenger of PCM and Nwas ...??? Both coalitions have cubs too defend... And it would take them months if not years of coordination and bonding to be good challengers
2 users Like WildRev's post

Mwk85 Offline

Diff posted a couple of pictures and a video of the Tumbela and Nkuhuma males with the Ximhungwes on his FB page earlier. Caption stated

"Still together. Tumbela, Nkuhuma and the 2 Ximhungwe lionesses on a move this morning".

I'm wondering if the PC males are back in Londolozi, as I saw a post of them having been there four days prior to the post being shared two days ago by Tennick_Safari IG.
2 users Like Mwk85's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Ruh Roh...  What happened here?  Weren't there reports recently that they had drifted to Londolozi and got a bit too close to the N'Was?   Or am I confusing reports?

3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Mwk85 Offline

Nkuhuma male back with two of the Talamati boys again. 

4 users Like Mwk85's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

He really makes things complicated for himself this way.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Isn't it possible skorro is also near??

Gavskrr Offline
magVarseVE

Tumbela can't be far away, but I think his more dominant ways still keep him from joining other males, interesting Talamatis chased Nkuhuma and are now sitting side by side, you really can never predict anything. It would be great for the 4 to come together but it's still a bit of a fairy tale.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

2 Talamatis & Nkuhuma, 2 PCM and possibly Tumbela all in the Western Sector at the same time.

Things can get ugly pretty quickly.

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(07-02-2023, 12:56 AM)Mapokser Wrote: 2 Talamatis & Nkuhuma, 2 PCM and possibly Tumbela all in the Western Sector at the same time.

Things can get ugly pretty quickly.

And it appears that one of the PCM's is injured, limping pretty severely.

Mwk85 Offline

(07-01-2023, 05:33 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Ruh Roh...  What happened here?  Weren't there reports recently that they had drifted to Londolozi and got a bit too close to the N'Was?   Or am I confusing reports?

They were seen in Londolozi close to a week ago now but I didn't see any mention of of them coming into contact with the Nwaswitshaka's when I shared the information. Not saying that they didn't, just saying there was no report of them doing so. The injury may have come from a run in with another group of lions or it could be from a hunting accident, perhaps we'll get a better idea of the cause of it at some point.