There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

People said the same when they were in the south. But ultimately their best member got killed while the rest scattered. Not ready to fight a serious fight.

We shall see what will happen. But for all we know they disappear into Kruger tomorrow, never to be heard again. Or lose some more members and go into history as just another average coalition.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(06-20-2023, 01:55 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: People said the same when they were in the south. But ultimately their best member got killed while the rest scattered. Not ready to fight a serious fight.

We shall see what will happen. But for all we know they disappear into Kruger tomorrow, never to be heard again. Or lose some more members and go into history as just another average coalition.

Yeah.. I was one of those people that was like. .Woah.. Look at this group.  7 Males one of them seasoned?  This could be... NOPE!  Time will tell of course, but right now, I think the 3 or even if they were 4, might get run off by the KB's+1F if they encountered each other.  They better hope the Gijima's don't stumble on them, they'll not let the one they catch go for sure.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Potato I agree, losing DeLaporte male hardly makes a difference when you still have 6 members.

Only major potential threat to them would be Kambulas. It seems Nkhulus are more territorial than Kambulas since they were seen scent-marking and roaring since forever, as well as have killed subadults and lionesses. But you never know, Kambulas already have experience attacking male lions, if they turn territorial and get the chance of attacking the Nkhulus while they are split, knocking one of their oldest, strongest members out, then suddenly they'd be almost evenly matched.

Kambulas also known the area much better which helps them avoiding dominant males.

But anyway as things stand right now the Nkhulus have a massive advantage over everybody else.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(06-20-2023, 05:29 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Only major potential threat to them would be Kambulas
Nkuhulus look big. I would guess they are bigger and stronger than Kambula males, on top of having numerical advantage. I do not see how Kambulas could be a match for Nkhulus. I do not think anyone alse as well stands much of a chance against Nkhulus. 

Comments like Avocas/Gijimas already dealt with them and showed them their place sounds like total absurd to me. Nkhulus are big, healty and strong. Even with equal numbers 2vs2 they would have fair chance to overthrow some of currently dominant in SS coalitions and here we speak about 6vs2...

Ttimemarti Offline

(06-20-2023, 10:59 AM)Potato Wrote:
(06-20-2023, 05:29 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Only major potential threat to them would be Kambulas
Nkuhulus look big. I would guess they are bigger and stronger than Kambula males, on top of having numerical advantage. I do not see how Kambulas could be a match for Nkhulus. I do not think anyone alse as well stands much of a chance against Nkhulus. 

Comments like Avocas/Gijimas already dealt with them and showed them their place sounds like total absurd to me. Nkhulus are big, healty and strong. Even with equal numbers 2vs2 they would have fair chance to overthrow some of currently dominant in SS coalitions and here we speak about 6vs2...

You can’t really say that yet I mean yeah it’s 6 of them but they’ve been around for awhile now and haven’t tried any dominant males if they run into a dominant male they will run if one is caught they may not try to help so until they are ready and willing to fight dominant males I don’t think they are as strong as we think not saying they won’t be because they will but the gijimas have run them out of their territory a few times so have the southern avocas and they did nothing in return dreadlocks for example they left him to die ran from two male when idk how many where present but they definitely outnumbered the southern avocas but the southern avocas ran up on them the younger boys ran dreadlocks wasn’t fast enough he was likely killed and they didn’t return to help him so until they attack a male lion they are not that strong of a coalition to be honest if they aren’t willing to fight rather 6 big males being ran out of every territory That doesn’t sound like a strong coalition

Australia 1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-20-2023, 11:55 AM by 1999gc8 )

I think aggression, confidence, and experience  will be the main factor at the moment. Size helps in a way but in general I think Kambula males are on the larger size and not exactly small for their age. They still need time to mature and get experience but they're a coalition of 3-4 which will be quite strong as they grow in confidence as well. I think the PC Males and Gijimas are no pushovers and if any of the Nkuhulus get separated and caught in either territory they could easily have the same thing happen to them as it did for Dreadlocks by himself. I feel like not much has really happened with the Nkhulus so really difficult to know what they're capable of.
2 users Like 1999gc8's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-20-2023, 01:07 PM by Tr1x24 )

(06-20-2023, 10:59 AM)Potato Wrote: Nkuhulus look big. I would guess they are bigger and stronger than Kambula males, on top of having numerical advantage. I do not see how Kambulas could be a match for Nkhulus. I do not think anyone alse as well stands much of a chance against Nkhulus. 

Sure, just like 2 "big and strong" Talamatis run away from 3 "small and weak" Kambulas lol.

You are talking about Nkhulus like they are prime/adult males.

They are young males, inexperienced, yet to fight adult male, they do mistakes and they did, abandoning Dreadlocks to die, who says they wont do it again if one of their brothers get caught?

They are scattered atm, only 3 at Londolozi, territorial males could easily catch one off and kill if they are not careful, reducing numbers even more.

I like comments like this, like it is arena where you throw 6 males vs 2 to fight to death, wild is very much different, just remember 6 Vurhamis vs 3 Mjejanes.

Nkhulus have advantage in numbers, but that means very little if they cant work as team and capitalize it.

Look at 6 Birmigham Breakaways who are even older then Nkhulus, they could easily beat any coalition in Timbavati, but they are yet to make a move, they are always split and scattered, and who knows what will happen..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(06-20-2023, 01:03 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Sure, just like 2 "big and strong" Talamatis run away from 3 "small and weak" Kambulas lol.
You suggest I ever said such a think? I said there that I assume Talamatis should be bigger then Kambulas which is probably true. We could see on a video of 1 Kambula male running after Blonde Talamati that talamati male looked much taller despite Kambula male was closer to camera which should make him appear bigger than he really is by perspective effect. The other think is that Kambula males are older and twice Talamatis numbers so they should be easly the stronger coalition. If it would be 2vs2 then Talamatis probably would dominate Kambula males, but it isn't 2vs2.

(06-20-2023, 01:03 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Look at 6 Birmigham Breakaways who are even older then Nkhulus, they could easily beat any coalition in Timbavati, but they are yet to make a move, they are always split and scattered, and who knows what will happen..

You look at dynamics at the moment like they are never changing. Birmingham breakaway males have everythink to became dominant force in the arena and it is only matter of time before they became that and same think is for Nkhulu males.

(06-20-2023, 01:03 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I like comments like this, like it is arena where you throw 6 males vs 2 to fight to death, wild is very much different, just remember 6 Vurhamis vs 3 Mjejanes.

1. Mjejanes were brutes in their prime and manage to pull this 3vs6 up, through not every male coalition is such powerhouse as Mjejane and Nkhulus are not necessarily as uncapable as Vurhamis. Numbers are the most important factor when coalitions face each others. Sure you can pull some examples like Mjejane vs Vurhamis, but in great most of cases then bigger coalition ousts smaller, not the other way around.

2. 6vs2 is yet on another level of difficulty than 3vs6.

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Ultimately these same Nkhulus were austed by just the two Southern Avocas just a few weeks ago and already lost its most experienced member. 
That to me says a lot more about the current situation than just comparing numbers without context. 

Its far to early to declare them victorious. Anything could still happen.
5 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(06-20-2023, 01:03 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-20-2023, 10:59 AM)Potato Wrote: Nkuhulus look big. I would guess they are bigger and stronger than Kambula males, on top of having numerical advantage. I do not see how Kambulas could be a match for Nkhulus. I do not think anyone alse as well stands much of a chance against Nkhulus. 

Sure, just like 2 "big and strong" Talamatis run away from 3 "small and weak" Kambulas lol.

You are talking about Nkhulus like they are prime/adult males.

They are young males, inexperienced, yet to fight adult male, they do mistakes and they did, abandoning Dreadlocks to die, who says they wont do it again if one of their brothers get caught?

They are scattered atm, only 3 at Londolozi, territorial males could easily catch one off and kill if they are not careful, reducing numbers even more.

I like comments like this, like it is arena where you throw 6 males vs 2 to fight to death, wild is very much different, just remember 6 Vurhamis vs 3 Mjejanes.

Nkhulus have advantage in numbers, but that means very little if they cant work as team and capitalize it.

Look at 6 Birmigham Breakaways who are even older then Nkhulus, they could easily beat any coalition in Timbavati, but they are yet to make a move, they are always split and scattered, and who knows what will happen..
Big and strong talamati boys? One of them is extremely injured or sick and the other he’s definitely a big boy but they way you said it discredits the bigger talamati boy I mean those are the 4 younger well 3 younger kambulas They should be around the same size but the kambulas definitely bring down more buffalo

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-20-2023, 07:48 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Big and strong talamati boys? One of them is extremely injured or sick and the other he’s definitely a big boy but they way you said it discredits the bigger talamati boy I mean those are the 4 younger well 3 younger kambulas They should be around the same size but the kambulas definitely bring down more buffalo

I was sarcastic based of previous comments.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Online
Contributor

Black Dam boys having a snack.

3 users Like afortich's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(06-20-2023, 09:24 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-20-2023, 07:48 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Big and strong talamati boys? One of them is extremely injured or sick and the other he’s definitely a big boy but they way you said it discredits the bigger talamati boy I mean those are the 4 younger well 3 younger kambulas They should be around the same size but the kambulas definitely bring down more buffalo

I was sarcastic based of previous comments.

Oooooooh

Gavskrr Offline

By the way information, 5 Nkhulus seen in Skukuza, so your excursion to the center of sabisands was quick thankfully.
6 users Like Gavskrr's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Wonky Eye (joke name) with Mohawk took down a buffalo this morning

*This image is copyright of its original author

14 users Like Tonpa's post