There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-27-2022, 09:59 PM by afortich )

(12-27-2022, 12:06 PM)1999gc8 Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 11:07 AM)afortich Wrote: Gijimas, Talamatis, S. Avocas, PC boys, Black Dam males, Birminghams, Amahl and Nkuhumas rejoined

Out of curiosity I found the Sabi Sand's post about the Gijima's and Talamati's and there's nothing mentioned about one of the Gilma's being seriously injured.

They did say one of the Talamati's was injured and there was a battle.  I'm wondering if the person who made the video is exaggerating?

Maybe he/she did. This would be the 2nd time that I am aware of, where he/she may have written an exaggeration.
3 users Like afortich's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Southern pride, adult lioness and her subadults ( ndhzengas daughters).
The subadults are around 27 months old and almost as big as their mother. Very good to see revival of southern pride.

*This image is copyright of its original author

11 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Late November report

Sand River Pride
  • With the cubs and sub-adults past their most vulnerable first year of life and with the stability of the Southern Avoca males, the Sand River Pride is the most reliable grouping of lions on MalaMala. We enjoyed eight days of viewing this pride. The first sighting of this pride was around Ivory Pan on the 3rd . On the 19th, 20th, and 21st, they fed on the remains of a buffalo kill at Flat Rock
Marthly Pride
  • This young lion was seen on the 1st when she was at Sand Pit Crossing. She was in Piccadilly Triangle on the 3rd. On the 9th, she was west of Bicycle Crossing
Torchwood Pride
  • No official sightings were recorded of this pride this month; however, three sub-adult females and two adult lionesses were seen crossing the Kruger National Park break on the 26th . Rangers reported that they were shy of vehicles. These were likely members of this pride.
Other Lions Encountered:
  • Five shy sub-adult (2 males and 3 females) lions were east of Buffalo Bush Dam on the 26th 
10 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Kings of Sabi sands, then and now.

7 users Like DARK MANE's post

United States SMK350 Offline

No location given in relation to the other prides, but Black Dams still in the north. 

By: Peter Maas

11 users Like SMK350's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

An unique document of legendary lions that changed the lion dynamics of Sabi Sand forever. The mighty West Street Boys who had subjugated MalaMala and Londolozi for years, the legendary and sadly defunct Sparta pride, the Mapogos as cubs and sub-adults and their half-brothers, the Rollercoasters. Thanks to Kim Wolhuter, these recordings remain for eternity. Happy New Year :-)

5 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Kruger Male and Torchwoods by Sarah Smith 

and again

8 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Speaking of Torchwoods, they showed up on Djuma this morning.

11 including Kruger male

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Sgarbi Offline
Banned

I have just received the saddest news that I didn't expect, Nhenha was killed by the Pc males
1 user Likes Sgarbi's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(01-02-2023, 07:34 PM)Sgarbi Wrote: I have just received the saddest news that I didn't expect, Nhenha was killed by the Pc males

Hey, is there a source for this information?
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Sgarbi Offline
Banned

A friend gave me the information I checked with several other pages and contacts so far without any response, I love Nhenha I was going to travel this year to see him, I don't want to spread chaos and not even false news is what I received now.
2 users Like Sgarbi's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(01-02-2023, 07:47 PM)Sgarbi Wrote: A friend gave me the information I checked with several other pages and contacts so far without any response, I love Nhenha I was going to travel this year to see him, I don't want to spread chaos and not even false news is what I received now.

Is he employed by the lodges? If it's true we'll find out sometime today I guess, I'm not able to find anything either
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

That's alright. I have nothing against posting rumours provided its clearly marked as such. This place is great for debunking them anyway. 

Most likely the lodges themselves are still trying to work out what happened. I guess that is their working theory.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

A moment of silence for the instagram inboxes of all the guides in the western sector right now 

Torchwoods in Djuma, badly healed leg male is still around

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-02-2023, 08:16 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Torchwoods in Djuma, badly healed leg male is still around

Whats the numbers of this Torchwood group? a long time nothing on them.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post