There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Russian Federation Bellateda Offline
Banned

Tumbela is weakened now....
1 user Likes Bellateda's post

Gavskrr Offline

I don't think they're weakened, it's actually the first time they've been really threatened, you'd expect them to be at a disadvantage due to the Limper condition and the loss of Scar, Scorro jr did a good job, until the Limper recovers their health (if that happens, I hope so) they will always be at a clear disadvantage, as long as they stay close to the othawa pack they will still have an extra boost to count
2 users Like Gavskrr's post

DE_66 Offline

(04-28-2022, 02:34 AM)Tonpa Wrote: I beg you guys, please no size discussion. It goes nowhere

@"Timbavati" and all other moderators

Can we please get a thread that's dedicated to lion size?  That way all size related posts can be moved there for further discussions for those who wish to participate.  

Can we create our own threads?  I've never tried.

239Pu Offline

(04-30-2022, 05:20 AM)DE_66 Wrote: Can we please get a thread that's dedicated to lion size?  That way all size related posts can be moved there for further discussions for those who wish to participate

Modern Weights and Measurements of Wild Lions
2 users Like 239Pu's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

14 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Maghreb Offline

Interesting that Nhena licked the back of Nkuhuma male; I wonder if he misses that bonding he had with is brothers.
3 users Like Maghreb's post

Australia 1999gc8 Offline

Nhena is in amazing condition for his age. I thought he might start to fade away a bit when he went nomadic but he's definitely doing very well health wise and still has a a lot of muscle.
1 user Likes 1999gc8's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

New males in Sabi Sands

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc_RxrELDKs/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
2 users Like Mabingilane's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

That's going to cause trouble for the Southern Avocas and Sand river pride. Perhaps the Nwas too.

I was praying that it was Junior and the boys. But doesn't look like its them unfortunately. Some of the 4 males look younger than the one in the picture. All different ages it seems. 
Hope someone here can ID them.

( This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 11:31 PM by Mabingilane )

*This image is copyright of its original author

One of the other younger males of the 4
5 users Like Mabingilane's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

In italian "La meraviglia di questo animale maestoso" means 'The wonder of this majestic animal'
3 users Like Gabriele's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 01:59 AM by Tr1x24 )

We need more picture, but some candidates are 4 males who where seen on H1-1 (they also had 1 more developed male) or maybe Nkuhlu young males (Mantimahle sons).
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(05-02-2022, 01:57 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: We need more picture, but some candidates are 4 males who where seen on H1-1 (they also had 1 more developed male) or maybe Nkuhlu young males (Mantimahle sons).

I do believe these4 are the same as the ones seen in Southwestern Kruger a few months ago. Im trying to find that post in the lions of Kruger thread.
2 users Like Mdz123's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Photo of Wide Nose posted today, but not certain when taken.   Could have been in aftermath of his attack.   Injuries match.  

9 users Like criollo2mil's post