There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(04-24-2022, 02:35 AM)Potato Wrote: Imbali male in fantastic condition

Girls always make lions to move no matter how hot it is. LOL!
1 user Likes afortich's post

Sweden Edvin Offline

(04-24-2022, 03:00 AM)Tonpa Wrote: The lion gods answered my prayers? 

Ok so it's the Matimba daughter who is the second mother

So the oldest litter with 2 cubs sired by 1 of the 2 selati daughters
second litter with 3 cubs sired by the matimba daughter
Is that correct?
3 users Like Edvin's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Talamatis all the way down to Sabi Sabi.  I count 7 members.   This brings more fuel to the fire that they may have indeed have lost a female member.   

5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(04-24-2022, 06:40 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Talamatis all the way down to Sabi Sabi.  I count 7 members.   This brings more fuel to the fire that they may have indeed have lost a female member.   

At least they are finally close to DM now. Hope they reunite
4 users Like Mdz123's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2022, 07:19 AM by Tonpa )

(04-24-2022, 06:40 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Talamatis all the way down to Sabi Sabi.  I count 7 members.   This brings more fuel to the fire that they may have indeed have lost a female member.   

No short tail...
3 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(04-24-2022, 07:05 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: At least they are finally close to DM now. Hope they reunite
Well, I have different thought. 
I hope imbali malemale to get permanently settle in djuma and previously DM avica held territories. 
He already had control over 3 talamati girls, hoping he would get rest oof lionesses under his belt too. See, ralamatis needs stability and it seems only imbali can provide them. 
He just need to ousted two young boys which shud be a cakewalk for him.
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(04-24-2022, 05:34 AM)Edvin Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 03:00 AM)Tonpa Wrote: The lion gods answered my prayers? 

Ok so it's the Matimba daughter who is the second mother

So the oldest litter with 2 cubs sired by 1 of the 2 selati daughters
second litter with 3 cubs sired by the matimba daughter
Is that correct?

Yessir!
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2022, 08:12 AM by afortich )

(04-24-2022, 07:37 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 07:05 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: At least they are finally close to DM now. Hope they reunite
Well, I have different thought. 
I hope imbali malemale to get permanently settle in djuma and previously DM avica held territories. 
He already had control over 3 talamati girls, hoping he would get rest oof lionesses under his belt too. See, ralamatis needs stability and it seems only imbali can provide them. 
He just need to ousted two young boys which shud be a cakewalk for him.

What you're saying seems to be the most obvious outcome but I have the hope that after having such a rough time, DM shakes off his insecurities, forget about his injury, and rule back again.
Looking forward to seeing DM's future.
1 user Likes afortich's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Tbh DM or Imbali it's all the same. Stability doesn't come from solo males.

He can't come into Djuma proper until Mohawk and Blondie are gone either, south Djuma is part of their territory overlap with DM
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2022, 08:45 AM by afortich )

(04-24-2022, 08:18 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Tbh DM or Imbali it's all the same. Stability doesn't come from solo males.

He can't come into Djuma proper until Mohawk and Blondie are gone either, south Djuma is part of their territory overlap with DM

True, that's why I'd love to see DM finding a partner/partners.
2 users Like afortich's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

In the far south there is a lot of room the settle down. Hopefully they will do that and finally start mating with either 3 newcomers that are challanging Ndzenga males or with Southern Avoca males. 

I find that funny how Talamati boys are misstaken there for some sub adults duo to their lack of mane. I wonder how much would those guys be suprised if they would see those Talamatis standing up.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The Plains Camp males

Thick-set and oozing with confidence. Time will tell whether they continue to push west and cause further havoc with the Othawa pride.

How will the Tumbela males respond? With 3 different male lion coalitions in the western sector at the moment, there's bound to be some serious action

https://www.instagram.com/p/CctEHhbqo9j/
5 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

More of Imbali male in Djuma

6 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Reunited kambula cub 

7 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor