There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(04-22-2022, 08:58 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: The imbali s8 male seems to go through life pretty unscathed, is he in quiet area or just very good at being a lone male with a pride?

He rules over in a very large territory. I think his territory is second largest in whole SS, Manyeleti and timbavati combine, after Nwaswitshakas. 
He seems to be lucky. On one end he has RRM, who himself is a line male. RRM has to dealt with all the heat from 3 tintswalo males. 
On South, imbalu male had DM avoca who again was never interested in intrusion, and now he left. Next to DM, Mohawk and Blondie are never interested in northern area since ages so yes Imbali is lucky guy.
6 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Don't think he has any of that territory anymore. Imbalis and imbali breakaways seen to have been abandoned.
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-22-2022, 08:58 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: The imbali s8 male seems to go through life pretty unscathed, is he in quiet area or just very good at being a lone male with a pride?

He is been lucky that he did not encountered so far competition from any coalition.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Wish we could see which Talamati female is the second mother, I'm assuming it's the other Selati daughter

Sweden Edvin Offline

(04-23-2022, 02:03 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Wish we could see which Talamati female is the second mother, I'm assuming it's the other Selati daughter

Who of these two are the mother of the oldest litter?

*This image is copyright of its original author
[i]
[/i]
2 users Like Edvin's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The first one, with the jagged ear 

2 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Ain't all 3 those lionesses Selati's daughters?

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The breakaways is two younger lionesses (selati girls) and one older one. I'm not sure if she's as old as silver eye and the other older girl. She might be a matimba girl 

2 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-23-2022, 03:25 AM)Potato Wrote: Ain't all 3 those lionesses Selati's daughters?

One of the breakaways is one of the older females.   Two are Selatis.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(04-23-2022, 03:32 AM)Tonpa Wrote: The breakaways is two younger lionesses (selati girls) and one older one. I'm not sure if she's as old as silver eye and the other older girl. She might be a matimba girl 

She is Matimba daughter.

Oldest as Silvereye is with Nkuhuma subadults, not sure if she is old as Silvereye but definitely older then 2012 and Matimba offspring.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Sweden Edvin Offline

I have always heard that there were 3 female born 2007 and 2 born 2015. Never heard that there were a matimba daughter

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(04-23-2022, 04:58 AM)Edvin Wrote: I have always heard that there were 3 female born 2007 and 2 born 2015. Never heard that there were a matimba daughter

I dont think 3rd female is old as them, she looks younger.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2022, 01:41 AM by Mabingilane )

This is the current selati female in january 7th 2016. How old do you think she looks? Litter of 2 cubs sired by fourways males. Charleston males had just taken over the pride too.
1 user Likes Mabingilane's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Imbali male in fantastic condition

4 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The lion gods answered my prayers? 

Ok so it's the Matimba daughter who is the second mother
1 user Likes Tonpa's post