There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

The one from the Styx - Long Mane

7 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-26-2022, 02:12 PM by Tonpa )

Nhenha and the Nkuhuma male, somewhere in the western sector
Video by Savannah game reserve

12 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-26-2022, 02:12 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Nhenha and the Nkuhuma male, somewhere in the western sector

Great sighting, hopefully we can get some footage of them standing/walking next to each other, so we can see how Nkuhuma male compares in size to Nhenha, who is considered to be one of biggest and most impressive males in Sabi Sands (he still prob is, he looks fantastic).

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I just hope they leave. Them settling in that region could be a huge disaster for the local lion population.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(03-26-2022, 03:25 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I just hope they leave. Them settling in that region could be a huge disaster for the local lion population.

How so?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-26-2022, 09:42 PM)Rabubi Wrote: How so?

He meant if they challenge and beat Tumbelas, overtake and kill Othawa cubs, with 2/3 Othawa females being near 15 yrs old, this generation of Othawa cubs sired by Tumbelas are prob crucial for rebuild Othawa pride, before Sassy becomes only member of the pride.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Hairy tummy Offline

Nhenha never ceases to amaze me, he always look stunning
4 users Like Hairy tummy's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(03-26-2022, 02:12 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Nhenha and the Nkuhuma male, somewhere in the western sector

Nice video!! How old is the Nkuhuma male??

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-27-2022, 03:58 AM)afortich Wrote:

Born in 2016
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(03-27-2022, 04:36 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 03:58 AM)afortich Wrote:

Born in 2016

Ok, thanks. So he is about 6 years old, I guess it would be better if they find another partner younger than Nenha for the Nkuhuma male sake.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-27-2022, 02:15 PM by Tonpa )

Nhenha and the NK male last night. Some vocalising from the NK male
video by savannah game reserve

9 users Like Tonpa's post

United Kingdom Hairy tummy Offline

Brilliant, great to see
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-27-2022, 02:45 PM by Tr1x24 )

(03-27-2022, 02:15 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Nhenha and the NK male last night. Some vocalising from the NK male
video by savannah game reserve

Looks like Nkuhuma male is leading, he knows this routes and area very well, he also knows which dominant males and prides operates here etc.

It also looks he regain his confidence and moral again, he looked so down after loss of Styx male. 

Funny look on Nhenha face when NK male started roaring, he was like suprised haha. 

Also, could you repost this 2 videos in "Bboys sons" thread? Lions of Sabi Sands thread is overflooded, its hard to find stuff here after some time pass, and we have separete threads for both this males.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

This made my day. Thank you @Tonpa for posting this. 

Look at that Father/Son bonding! Nkuhuma male was a sub adult when the Birminghams left as kings of the North. I'm pretty confident they can remember each other's scent.

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

(03-27-2022, 02:43 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Looks like Nkuhuma male is leading, he knows this routes and area very well, he also knows which dominant males and prides operates here etc.

It also looks he regain his confidence and moral again, he looked so down after loss of Styx male. 

Funny look on Nhenha face when NK male started roaring, he was like suprised haha. 

Also, could you repost this 2 videos in "Bboys sons" thread? Lions of Sabi Sands thread is overflooded, its hard to find stuff here after some time pass, and we have separete threads for both this males.

I started laughing after the look Nhenha gave following Nkuhuma male's roar. I don't think i have heard him roar since styx male died (makes sense) so it is really great to see his regained confidence! 

What a story though!  Both males lost every respective  partner they had, only to find a new one in their family. So very proud of both
2 users Like Mabingilane's post