There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 06:20 AM by Mdz123 )

P
(02-13-2022, 11:18 PM)东方琳琅STD Wrote: Nhenha in Singita
[grvideo]https://twitter.com/LIONLOVERS5/status/1492912927019610118[/grvideo]

Here I fixed your link
5 users Like Mdz123's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 03:58 PM by lionuk )

A report from Northern Conservation Officer:  

On 24th January, our Northern Conservation Officer found an adult male lion that appeared to have a bullet wound above its ear. After the veterinary intervention, it was found that, fortunately, it was a deep claw wound from fighting with another male lion. We wouldn’t usually treat an animal with a natural injury (as stated in our current Management Plan below), but because of the appearance of a possible anthropogenic injury, we intervened, and it turned out to be of a natural cause. We are happy with the outcome, and the animal is doing well.

“SSW Protected Area will at all times aim to achieve minimal management interference with regards to its existing wildlife populations. Exceptions will only be made when, through anthropogenic interference, the wellbeing of indigenous wildlife species are threatened.”

Blondie Avoca

15 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 07:31 PM by lionuk )

Two Kambula lionesses and N'was male, Ubuso, I presume.
7 users Like lionuk's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

Remembering the Majesty of Mapogo Lions  #3

3 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Contributor

Skorro jr has been a busy boy on Valentine Day- romancing that pretty Ximhungwe Queen. 
Credit: Dulini 

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like lionuk's post

Sweden Edvin Offline

(02-14-2022, 07:24 PM)lionuk Wrote:

I think one of the lioness is one of the sub-adults, maybe they have cubs soon

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-15-2022, 12:14 AM by lionuk Edit Reason: modification )

(02-14-2022, 10:46 PM)Edvin Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 07:24 PM)lionuk Wrote:

I think one of the lioness is one of the sub-adults, maybe they have cubs soon

Neither of these two females looks like subadult, not one, one of them is Kambula #6 aka infertile

United States SMK350 Offline

The Kambula daughters should be old enough to have cubs now. 

I’ve been looking for updates on the breakaways for a while and finding nothing. I wonder if the males at least are all together.
1 user Likes SMK350's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(02-15-2022, 12:15 AM)SMK350 Wrote: if the males at least are all together.
In two of the latest videos, 3 sub males and nhenha were together. They were eating a kill. 
In other video, 2 sub females and one sub male were chasing off the tsalala girl.
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

RookiePundit Offline

(02-14-2022, 08:07 PM)lionuk Wrote: Skorro jr has been a busy boy on Valentine Day- romancing that pretty Ximhungwe Queen. 
Credit: Dulini 

I bet she did!

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Plains Camp boy
Credits Vanessa Caley

4 users Like Mdz123's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(02-15-2022, 12:15 AM)SMK350 Wrote: The Kambula daughters should be old enough to have cubs now. 

I’ve been looking for updates on the breakaways for a while and finding nothing. I wonder if the males at least are all together.

Legendsafaris is currently at MalaMala and found a few of them in two different groups, 2 in one group and 3 in the other 

7 users Like Tonpa's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Man, I wonder what happened to the NK Male...
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-15-2022, 04:51 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Man, I wonder what happened to the NK Male...

Only 5 Mhangeni lionesses were seen yesterday so maybe the 6th is away mating with Nkuhuma?
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

Contributor

5 users Like lionuk's post