There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 10:01 AM by Tr1x24 )

I think whiskers dont match :

*This image is copyright of its original author

Theres a lot of lions who looks similar, because of that we need to check whiskers..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Gijima Offline

(08-12-2021, 10:00 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I think whiskers dont match :

Theres a lot of lions who looks similar, because of that we need to check whiskers..

The photo of all three males is quiet blurry too so it’s hard to tell. But you’re right, without whisker spot match, this is just a guess by the author.
1 user Likes Gijima's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Here some very minor comparison of the the Kruger male and the young male seen in 2011/2012. 
Note: This doesn't means nothing, just trying to help in the ID

3 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Interesting, guess he might have some great nose colouring ageing genetics, like tom cruise
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Gijima Offline

Great catch! I think this Kruger Male has some kind of pigment loss on his nose. It’s just missing the black pigment but based on how dark is mane is around his face (it’s almost a dark orange) you can tell he’s well into his prime. He also has a dark coat that comes from years of testosterone production. And obviously he has good genetics overall.
1 user Likes Gijima's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Whiskers dont match guys, definitely not him:

Maybe those subadults are sired by same coalition and are his older brothers/cousins, thats possible..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

Kambulas and a bboy hunting Buffalo, south MalaMala 

9 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-13-2021, 12:50 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Kambulas and a bboy hunting Buffalo, south MalaMala 

Tinyo:

Looking better and walking normal.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

BigLion39 Offline

Yes Tinyo us moving and looking remarkably better! Thank the lord!
6 users Like BigLion39's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-13-2021, 12:50 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Kambulas and a bboy hunting Buffalo, south MalaMala 

The Kambula subadults members are in the way of become successful hunters. Hopefully all of these sub-adults males and females will grown strong and healthy to spread the Birmingham and Ntsevu bloodline through the Sabi Sands
9 users Like T I N O's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Tinyo Looks lean but walking great, looked like death on that picture the other day. Great to see him improving
7 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 02:23 AM by Duco Ndona )

Its good to see him walking again.
But it kind of brings back memories to Hairy Belly's final months of wandering of alone and re-joining the pride nearly starved to death.

If the other lions don't let him feed in that condition. It may be for nothing in the end.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Australia 1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 06:04 AM by 1999gc8 )

It was good see Tinyo in good enough condition that he run after the buffalo and walking normally. If he's in condition to do that he can be dominant enough to make sure he's eating from a kill. I think if both Tinyo and Nhena are in good health they can still be be a threat to any lion or coalition invading their territory.
5 users Like 1999gc8's post

Contributor

6 users Like Tonpa's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-13-2021, 06:48 PM)Tonpa Wrote:

Such a great footage of the Othawa pride and with the big and healthy Tumbela male. This Tumbela male will turn into a fine specimen of male lion. His mane has fill up a lot in months. Hopefully they will thrive in the area as they're doing at the moment.
4 users Like T I N O's post