There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-05-2021, 01:27 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Perhaps Tinyo got caught by surprise, threw a few punches and then escaped?

Might be, that he had an scrap with 1 Avoca, and when he seen the 2nd one coming he run away.

He definitely didn't fight both, as i said, injuries would be much worse and they would definitely not let him go away just like that.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The mysteries of the bush!
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

Singita June report https://singita.com/2021/06/singita-sabi-sand-june-2021

Lions
  • The Mhangene pride have barely been seen this month as they have shifted further west in an attempt to avoid the multiple coalitions that are moving around the property. 
  • The Styx and Nkuhuma males have been seen regularly in the south and central parts of the property. These males look likely to be the successors to the Othawa males’ territory on Singita. An altercation occurred between these two males and the Plains Camp males in the central parts of Singita one morning. Whilst brief, the Styx and Nkuhuma males looked to be the victors in the disagreement, driving off the two Plains Camp males. 
  • The two Plains Camp males have been seen regularly this month and mostly to the north of the river. They too look set in establishing themselves, and their roars can be heard almost every night north of the lodges. 
6 users Like Tonpa's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

So basically, Nym and Sym have now taken over the Mhangenis territory. While the Plain Camp took over the patch of unclaimed land up north where the Tsalala pride currently roams.
I dont think the Plain Camp males are currently aware of that pride. So they likely wont be satisfied and try to push south again in the near future..

The Mhangeni are now seriously boxed in between the Othawa pride and the newcomers. So that can result in some nasty fights aswell. Not to mention that the Tumbellas and Othawa pride just had new litters and will be fiercely aggressive to any outsiders. 

It looks like its no longer quiet at the western front.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

Two of the Styx Pride females were seen early in the morning with a nyala kill. All seven cubs were with them, playing in the riverbed, while their mothers lay down with full stomachs.

*This image is copyright of its original author

3 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

https://blog.londolozi.com/2021/07/05/th...ham-males/

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

Londolozi always seem to pick sides and rush to conclusions. How do they know birmingham males came off second best if both coslitions have injured members?

Reminds me of the countless "Demise of the Majingilane" posts from 2016 onwards.
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-05-2021, 06:25 PM by Slayerd )

(07-05-2021, 05:38 PM)Tonpa Wrote: https://blog.londolozi.com/2021/07/05/th...ham-males/
Sometimes it's hard to ever believe the Londolozi blog theories. They even use an old pic of Nhenha running and then another of Tinyo from a long time ago. I've been seeing videos from mostly Mala Mala of the to Bboys over the last month and not one limp or injury. Both boys have been in healthy condition and haven't left each others side in a while. This is BS as far as I'm aware.
2 users Like Slayerd's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Kinda depends on how recent this clash was. The other sources simply couldnt have had time to report yet.

Do we have a date?
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Contributor

Don't think so, but the earliest mention was the 11th or 12th of June
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-05-2021, 07:17 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-05-2021, 07:04 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Don't think so, but the earliest mention was the 11th or 12th of June

I dont think this skirmish from this blog is that old.. Both Bboys where seen walking in great condition on gameranger_rob instagram on 17th June:

Interesting thing is that they are saying that Mohawk is the one who was limping from Avocas..

As I said, i think its possible that some 1 vs 1 scrap happened, between Tinyo (they said Tinyo was bleeding and limping) and prob Mohawk,but other then that, it looks purely speculation what exactly happened.

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

Sub-adults from the Kambula pride and one lioness take on a buffalo bull.
5 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

It sounds like the same one 

https://blog.londolozi.com/2021/06/11/the-week-in-pictures-496/

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-05-2021, 07:53 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-05-2021, 07:35 PM)Tonpa Wrote: It sounds like the same one 

Then this was another fight, as on that video yesterday ranger said fight happened 10 days ago, and as i posted both Bboys where walking and in great condition on 17th..so i assume fight happened after 20th.. 

On 23th i think, we also have 2 Bboys together roaring, Nhenha was walking and looking great, but Tinyo didn't stand up..

But without the dates on these reports its hard to tell.

South Africa Slayerd Offline
Star  ( This post was last modified: 07-05-2021, 08:09 PM by Slayerd )

It does not follow through. Also they start off saying they don't know what happened and then speak as if they know what happened. How do they know that its was 2v1. What if Tinyo fought with Blondie and then retreated once Mohawk arrived? They say the male was too weak to steal food but the male wasn't even trying according to them so how does that prove he is weak. It's stupid theories. If they made sense with actual proof, it would be believable but this is just ridiculous
3 users Like Slayerd's post