There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2021, 07:55 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-24-2021, 07:26 PM)Timbavati Wrote: This Kruger male is older than 8 and even 9. He's around 10 easily

Based on what?

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-24-2021, 07:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 07:26 PM)Timbavati Wrote: This Kruger male is older than 8 and even 9. He's around 10 easily

Based on what?

I've observed facial features and the drooping lip

Hairy tummy Offline

Hes looking well for 10. Not many marks on his face
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

I think he is definitely not 10, 9 maybe.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Germany student1194 Offline

(04-24-2021, 09:57 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I think he is definitely not 10, 9 maybe.

8 perhaps, not that old

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2021, 11:35 PM by Tonpa )

Some more updates from the stream

Plains Camp males were chased north into Manyeleti, didn't say who by but possibly the Talamatis/Dark Mane @ 53 minutes 30 seconds

Dark Mane is back on Djuma with a full stomach @ 2 hours 1 minute

Tristan mentions the Plains Camp Males were roaring in Djuma yesterday and the day before @ 3 hours 25 mins

Mentioned Dark Mane seems to be quiet nowadays, he isn't roaring anymore @ 3 hours 49 mins
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-24-2021, 11:31 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Some more updates from the stream

Plains Camp males were chased north into Manyeleti, didn't say who by but possibly the Talamatis/Dark Mane @ 53 minutes 30 seconds

Dark Mane is back on Djuma with a full stomach @ 2 hours 1 minute

Tristan mentions the Plains Camp Males were roaring in Djuma yesterday and the day before @ 3 hours 25 mins

Mentioned Dark Mane seems to be quiet nowadays, he isn't roaring anymore @ 3 hours 49 mins

As I have mentioned in Lions of Timbavati as well as in Lions of Sabi Sands topics it is not unusual for the coalitions of around 4 years old to challange dominant males when they have numerical advantage of 2:1 or more. I wouldn't be suprised therefore if in the coming months Plains Camp males will outcompate DM Avoca and Imbali male if they decide to stick in this arena and the other two northern Avocas will remain further south.
3 users Like Potato's post

Contributor

Not a great pic, but fourways pride back in Sabi

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-25-2021, 02:12 AM by Tr1x24 )

(04-25-2021, 01:58 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Not a great pic, but fourways pride back in Sabi

They said 7 fourways pride youngsters, Kruger males offspring, they should be around 2 years old.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Germany student1194 Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-27-2021, 12:49 AM by BA0701 )

1 user Likes student1194's post

Contributor

Purple Eye Nkuhuma by Moosa Varachia

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Tonpa's post

Gijima Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 11:17 PM by Gijima )

EDIT: Talamatis and Dark Mane. IG story @danodonoghue28.

4 users Like Gijima's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(04-26-2021, 10:54 PM)Gijima Wrote: The infamous "chase" from a few days ago, where the Talamatis infringed into the Kruger Male's property and he walked behind them to to tell them to leave. Although I don't recognize him I believe it's the young Kruger Male since they have the same paw injury. IG story @danodonoghue28.

Thats Dark Mane.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

Interesting to see him on Cheetah Plains!
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Gijima Offline

I thought so, but the caption made it sound like the was the "lone male". The reporting from this area is a mess.
2 users Like Gijima's post