There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Online
Moderators

This Morning's Game Drive highlights the 3 Tumbela Male Lions. The trio was together along with one of the Othawa females that has been mating with them for the last few days.   #DuliniMoments
Image credits: Dulini Private Game Reserve 

*This image is copyright of its original author

5 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-28-2020, 03:27 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Plains Camp pride was seen in southern MalaMala :

Photo Credits : zali_photo

Im not 100% sure, but those cubs might be sired by S. Avocas, althrough they look a bit too old..

I think if the cubs wouldn't be sired by Avocas then the pride would keep save distance from Avocas as they obviously could kill the cubs. That they show themselfs in Mala Mala makes me think that those cubs were sired by Avocas.
1 user Likes Potato's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Two of the Avoca male lions, dominant in the southern parts of @malamalagamereserve, moving in the last light of day. These impressive males were accompanying three lionesses from the Sand River pride. They left their five cubs tucked against a fallen tree stump and went on to make two impala lamb kills as darkness fell. A meal capable of only whetting their appetites.
Later the same evening we found the Ntsevu/Kambula pride on our way home, making it an amazing tally of 32 individual lions in just one evening.
image credit: Wild Again

3 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

One of the Tumbela males and Othawa Female this morning in the Dulini Private Game Reserve.   The 3 Tumbelas have been mating with the female for the last few days.

2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 10:04 PM by Tr1x24 )

(12-28-2020, 09:46 PM)Potato Wrote: I think if the cubs wouldn't be sired by Avocas then the pride would keep save distance from Avocas as they obviously could kill the cubs. That they show themselfs in Mala Mala makes me think that those cubs were sired by Avocas.

Might be.. We actually dont know when S. Avocas started dominating that pride..

They might be that far out of their territory seeking protection from 5th and 2 s36 males, they where recently seen around Plains Camp..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

One of the KNP males with one of the Torchwood females at Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa
Image credit: Africa Journey Nature Experience 

4 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-28-2020, 11:01 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: One of the KNP males with one of the Torchwood females at Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa
Image credit: Africa Journey Nature Experience 

That male is fine and big specimen, hope they come further west so we can have more sightings of them.

South Africa Slayerd Offline

Do you pick up a little resemblance? Could Ndunha's father be Nhenhas grandfather? If we are right to assume the Skybed Males sired Ndunha, then perhaps Nhenhas mother was sired by the father of Ndunha.

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like Slayerd's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-29-2020, 01:07 AM)Slayerd Wrote: Do you pick up a little resemblance? Could Ndunha's father be Nhenhas grandfather? If we are right to assume the Skybed Males sired Ndunha, then perhaps Nhenhas mother was sired by the father of Ndunha.

They came from different prides and are sired by different coalitions.

(12-29-2020, 02:07 AM)Potato Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 01:07 AM)Slayerd Wrote: Do you pick up a little resemblance? Could Ndunha's father be Nhenhas grandfather? If we are right to assume the Skybed Males sired Ndunha, then perhaps Nhenhas mother was sired by the father of Ndunha.

They came from different prides and are sired by different coalitions.

Did you misunderstand what I wrote? Ndunha was said to be sired by the Skybed Males to the Lamula female. The Skybed Males also sired the Birmingham Pride cubs which are the Matimbas and Birmingham Females. It's possible that the father of Ndunha also sired Nhenhas mother making Nhenha, a nephew of Ndunha. For eg. Princess Tsalala and the Torchwood Young Male have somewhat of a resemblance if you look closely. Both are sired by Nhenha. If Princess Tsalala has a son who resembles the Torchwood Young Male, it would be because Nhenha is his grandfather.
1 user Likes Slayerd's post

Princess Tsalala and the Torchwood Male share some of Nhenhas features

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like Slayerd's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Maybe, Also Nhenha share some similarities with the older Birmingham females back in 2011

(12-29-2020, 03:26 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

Maybe, Also Nhenha share some similarities with the older Birmingham females back in 2011

Is there pictures?

T I N O Online
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 03:51 AM by T I N O )

(12-29-2020, 03:34 AM)Slayerd Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 03:26 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

Is there pictures?

Old Skybed male and one of the Birmingham lioness in 2012
credits to his original author

3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

One of the three northern Avoca males "Mohawk" with a new hair style
Image credits: Nigel Ridge

4 users Like T I N O's post