There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-07-2020, 04:10 PM)Nathan Aiden Wrote: Mbiri Male on Djuma Game Reserve 

Jackie Bishof

Northern Avoca male 'Dark Mane'
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Yesterday afternoon, we followed up on the sighting of the Southern Pride female and her warthog kill.  She was finishing off the scraps before moving a short distance, close to a waterhole, to rest.  She had a full tummy and looked content.
photo credits: Ronald Mutero
Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve
October 2020

*This image is copyright of its original author

2 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Birmingham males overall has actually reputation of aggressive males. They did not fought as much other coalitions as Matimbas ( reason of that was that Matimbas were in different circumstances, not Birminghams fault at all) , but they were known to fight each others within a coalition. Just since Mala Mala stated to post their live safaris you could see Nhenha in quite a few scraps already and by the beggining of Birmingham's reign he had to compete with 3 more brothers. 

About Hairy Belly's supposed death: random Ahmed from Instagram is not a reliable source of information at all.
4 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(10-07-2020, 01:36 AM)sik94 Wrote: Question, the southern/selati pride is the same as the sand river pride?

No, those are two different prides.
1 user Likes Potato's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(10-07-2020, 06:03 PM)Nathan Aiden Wrote: This guy named Ahmed followed by a few lodges and rangers on Instagram says Hairy belly Matimba is dead..

Shocking

This is not proof of anything. Please, only post from confirmed sources, not third or fourth party. I have been watching your posts since you started posting here, and a lot of your comments, which are stated as fact, are not supported by confirmed sources. Please begin posting links to your sources when doing so.
2 users Like BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-07-2020, 09:33 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 06:03 PM)Nathan Aiden Wrote: This guy named Ahmed followed by a few lodges and rangers on Instagram says Hairy belly Matimba is dead..

Shocking

This is not proof of anything. Please, only post from confirmed sources, not third or fourth party. I have been watching your posts since you started posting here, and a lot of your comments, which are stated as fact, are not supported by confirmed sources. Please begin posting links to your sources when doing so.

Thank you once again to the moderator team take action on the matter.
I hope once for all those debates with the same guy who not wants to change in anything can end.
Great job @BA0701  Stay safe!
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

TBT - The fourways pride or otherwise known as the KNP pride were found a few days ago in the far eastern section of our traversing. This is the first time i've in fact seen these lions and because most of their territory lies well within the borders of the Kruger National Park they aren't that used to the vehicles. They did however provide for a fantastic sighting as they climbed every termite mound, constantly giving contact calls. There were three young females and two young males, who probably had been seperated from the rest of their pride during the night.
Image credits to: Liam Rainier)

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Mbiri males seen in the mid of September 2020 at Djuma in Sabi Sands
photo credits: Legend_Safaris
Sabi Sand
October 2020

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The ORANGE-EYED (MOHAWK) AVOCA MALE and BLOND-MANED AVOCA MALE 
Photo credits: Lance Van de Vyver At Close Quarters
Sabi Sand
October 2020

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tumbela/Nharu male

5 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A very recent photos of the last Matimba male Hairybelly.
Still looking strong despite his old age!
Sabi Sand-GR,October 2020
credit: Omega Godi

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Auntie Othawa seen recently with one of the Tumbela males at Inyati Game Lodge
credit: Roger Hlongwane

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Nharu/Tumbela males
credit: Roger Hlongwane

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

S. Avocas with new offspring, 5 new cubs in Sand River pride, unfortunately no sign of 1 older cub from previous litter here:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CF9qx0xhe_q...k276p99o0p

6 users Like Tr1x24's post