There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Unindentifed young male in Kirkmans Kamp :

*This image is copyright of its original author

Im not 100 % sure, but he is similar to one of the Plains Camp young males..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Mohawk4 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-27-2020, 06:51 PM by Mohawk4 )

(06-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Potato Wrote: "This outnumbered bullshit comes from people that admire a coalition of 6 which had in every battle the numbers with them....Beside that they never fought a coalition over 2 members and won...."

Oh don't act as ingorant as the very same pople (Majingilanes haters) you course in your comment.. When it comes to being outnumbered then we have:

1. Toulon males fought in mid 2009 by Mlovathis
2. Couple of scraps between Mlovathis and Majingilanes pre take over mentioned in interviev. Of course Majingilanes by that time weren't yet really ready for such fight, but:
a) We talk about 2vs5 which is huge numerical advantage
b) We do not talk about taking on some no names, but on aguably the most succesfull coalition in SS history
3. June 2010 and of course epic fight between fearless Mlovathis and already confident Majingilanes
4. Jully 2010 If Rasta indeed has fallen to the Majingilanes it wasn't 5vs4 (only fool could believe that (especially by that time) Majingilanes could literally destroy Mapogos in open confrontation, killing one of them), but either 2vs4 (Twins vs Majingi) or 1vs4
5. Mid 2011 - It is unknown who Mapogos fought in that time, but most likelly it was heavlly presurre on northen SS Matimba males. If not then Majingialnes. In both cases anyway numbers most likelly were on Mapogos opponents side. They must have been at least equall, but most ussualy if a coalition can provide supperior number they use it and I do not think that situation was different.
6. There was couple of fights with Salatis through 2011 and early 2012.

Also just to add to points 5 and 6 that through that time Makhuulu was already older than Majingilanes ever were and other two Mapogos even through younger they were well past their prime as well.

Moreover I would like to point out few fights with equall numbers:

1. Mlovathis vs Manyeleti males
2 Mlovathis vs Gijima males
3. Mak and PB vs KNP male. Even through theoretically it is fight with equall number, there is rather no doubts that it wasn't even fight and KNP males were clear favorite in that fight and nearly no one was expecting Mapogos to be any match for huge and in prime KNP males.
4. Makhulu vs Nhlaguleni

In the end I wish to remind that guide in interviev say that Mapogos were wenturing into Kruger and fought there other males so this list easly could be even longer if we could track their actions inside Kruger.

Name me 1 coalition over 3 members that 6 Mapogos confront and won...None!
2 times they confront coalitions with members and lost their territory
I dont have any problems with lions or any coalition(if i would have i should be a morron)but with these haters that are writing bullshits i dont want to have anything common.....When they spread hate and bullshits they will get the answers
Equal numbers?Lets go and play box 1 vs 1......
Come on thats why we have coalitions.....Numbers count....Lions know.....

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Name me 1 coalition over 3 members that 6 Mapogos confront and won...None!"

Look at points 2 and 5 of my comment, partly also 3 (Mlovathis killed 5th Majingi and pushed other 4 back to Kruger, they clearly had upper hand untill they split apart. I know that they eventually lose and that is why I say "partly) and 6 (Mapogos were sucesfully chassing out Salatis untill 2012)

Also why the hell number of coalition - 3 is any important. Only victory over coalitions bigger then 3 are immpressive or what? I am curious what kind of logic stands behind that. Is for example victory of Matshaipiri males over Southern Matimbas worth less than Majingilanes over Salati because of magic number of 3. I personally always thought that difference between two coalitions (not only in numbers, but also body size, age and so on) is what counts, not some random number.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Mohawk4 Offline

They confront coalitions of nomads that time and they lost their territory from both...
Dont tell me about numbers....Others saying the word outnumbered(People that the coalition they admire had 6 ....yeah 6 members and always the numbers were with them)
When you are 6 and the others are 2 what do you expect?
I m not saying that is wrong because thats why lions have coalitions but they talk for Majingilane and outnumbered people that love a coalition of 6?
Hypocrisy.....

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"I m not saying that is wrong because thats why lions have coalitions but they talk for Majingilane and outnumbered people that love a coalition of 6?

Hypocrisy....."

So it is, but you actually does the same towards Mapogos, You don't give justice towards Mapogos exatly same way mentioned by you Majingilanes haters does not give it to Majingis. Firstly you said: 

"This outnumbered bullshit comes from people that admire a coalition of 6 which had in every battle the numbers with them....Beside that they never fought a coalition over 2 members and won...."

then when I pointed out why exactly it is not true then you said:

which again I pointed out as false and now you say:

"They confront coalitions of nomads that time and they lost their territory from both..."

It is not at all objective opinion, but hard try of justify downgrading Mapogos. Similarly we can downgrade just about any coalition victory, on just about any losing coalition we can say that they were too old, too young, outnumbered, cought separated and so on.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Guys, this discussions are pointless,  both coalitions are great in their own way.. yes, Majingilane haters can be obnoxius sometimes and they downplay Majingilane sucess, but those people are not real lion lovers, yet toxic and complexed people..

True lion fan and lover appreciate ever lion, pride or coalition, it doesnt matter if those are Mapogos, Majingilanes or someone else.. they are all equal in my eyes..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Mohawk4 Offline

(06-27-2020, 08:20 PM)Potato Wrote: "I m not saying that is wrong because thats why lions have coalitions but they talk for Majingilane and outnumbered people that love a coalition of 6?

Hypocrisy....."

So it is, but you actually does the same towards Mapogos, You don't give justice towards Mapogos exatly same way mentioned by you Majingilanes haters does not give it to Majingis. Firstly you said: 

"This outnumbered bullshit comes from people that admire a coalition of 6 which had in every battle the numbers with them....Beside that they never fought a coalition over 2 members and won...."

then when I pointed out why exactly it is not true then you said:

which again I pointed out as false and now you say:

"They confront coalitions of nomads that time and they lost their territory from both..."

It is not at all objective opinion, but hard try of justify downgrading Mapogos. Similarly we can downgrade just about any coalition victory, on just about any losing coalition we can say that they were too old, too young, outnumbered, cought separated and so on.
You forgot the word won.....Mapogos confront 2 coalitions with more numbers than 2.....Majingilane and Selati....Both of these coalitions were nomadic that time and from both lost their territory....
My problem are not the coalition but some idiots documentary boys who spread hate everywhere(YT FB etc)....At least here isnt the same....

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

As always remember to keep it civil.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Mapogos confront 2 coalitions with more numbers than 2.....Majingilane and Selati....Both of these coalitions were nomadic that time and from both lost their territory...."

1. As I had put it in previous comment both of that situations were not streight foreward as you hardly try to implement. 
2. I provided you list of Mapogo's battles. It wasn't only two with number more than 2. No matter how many times you reapeat that lie it won't become truth. 

3. Why you consider vicotry in 2vs3 fight any worst than 4vs5. It is actually 2vs3 which is in higher numerical disadvantage.
4. Difference between Majingilanes and Mapogos is that Majingilanes got to fight their most important fights when they were in their prime, while Mapogos got that fights when they were past prime with depleted numbers. It is not Mapogos to blame that while they were in prime  they had noone they could prove themselfs against as Majingilanes had Salatis (beside Mlovathis which had couple of good fights as I mentioned in previous post).
5. If we would take your downgrading logic then we could as well say somethink like: "Majingilanes could only fight with numerical advantage. The only times they fought outnumbered were Salati youngsters, yet not ready to fight and Matimba males which also ended up in steal mate, not a victory. Even when they had numerical advantage they still had to separate enemy (Salatis in 2014) to be able to win as even with equal numbers they were chassed around by Southern Matimbas and Matshaipirs (actually Matshaipiris chassed them in numerical disadvantage). Moreover in the end when they lost their numerical advantage (Golden Mane died) they just died, couldn't even take care of them selfs." You may notice I did not even put any lie in it, just put truth in downgrading way. Of course I myself I do not agree with such point of view, but this is exactly how you talk about Mapogos. You do not give them justice, just downgrade everythink they done.
2 users Like Potato's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Still waiting to name me one coalition over three members they faced and won....
When we talk about a coalition we refer to them with all the numbers they had and yes they were 6....they had the numbers with them.....
As for the equal numbers and the coalitions you wrote i can give you 2 sources 
Against the Matimbas
https://blog.londolozi.com/2016/02/24/lion-warfare-update-majingilane-versus-matimba/
Against matshipiri
https://blog.londolozi.com/2015/08/17/lion-warfare-majingilane-chase-matshipiri-male/?fbclid=IwAR2PRZXPPGeixn3JA8kYa-zVSFnD-QUBXtMkWgclvHGUhqZuQN20HxnvKOk

If i wanted to downgrade Mapogos i would have write that they were killing only cubs and lioness Selati make them nomads  bla bla bla

From the chat i understand that Mapogos was the question but Majingilane was the answer......
Ryan you became their enemy now like James Greg Rob Karin....

Hairy tummy Offline

Did kt and mr t not come up against a coalition with 3 or more in their time as a coalition together?  
Excluding majingilane

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(06-28-2020, 03:13 AM)Mohawk4 Wrote: Still waiting to name me one coalition over three members they faced and won....
When we talk about a coalition we refer to them with all the numbers they had and yes they were 6....they had the numbers with them.....
As for the equal numbers and the coalitions you wrote i can give you 2 sources 
Against the Matimbas
https://blog.londolozi.com/2016/02/24/lion-warfare-update-majingilane-versus-matimba/
Against matshipiri
https://blog.londolozi.com/2015/08/17/lion-warfare-majingilane-chase-matshipiri-male/?fbclid=IwAR2PRZXPPGeixn3JA8kYa-zVSFnD-QUBXtMkWgclvHGUhqZuQN20HxnvKOk

I dont want to be involved into this pointless discussion "who is better" but Mapogos didnt face neither Majingilanes or Selatis as 6..

They where 2 vs 5 Majingilanes and 3 vs 4 Selatis.. Just to be clear..

But i agree, they didnt beat any coalition stronger then 3..

Thierry Offline
Smile 

Keep calm "kids"...

I prefer Mapogos, but DM is my favorite lion. Why ? I don't know, but it's so.
As we can see, it's difficult to be a lion fan.
Both coalition were great.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Still waiting to name me one coalition over three members they faced and won...."

I still ask why victory 2vs3 is any worst than 4vs5. Why that number of 3 has any matter? Also as I said before then chassed Salatis couple of times throught 2011 and fight off Matimbas/Majingilanes in mid 2011.

"When we talk about a coalition we refer to them with all the numbers they had and yes they were 6....they had the numbers with them....."

As I already said Mapogo/s most important fights came when they were already past prime with depleted numbers. In my list I spayfied the numbers they had when came to direct confrontations. Moreover  if we take full numbers as count then they most likely fight off 6 Matimbas in mid 2011.

"As for the equal numbers and the coalitions you wrote i can give you 2 sources "

I am fully aware with their entire warfare. What is the point of giving me those 2 source. If I put a lie in my comment just point it out.

"If i wanted to downgrade Mapogos i would have write that they were killing only cubs and lioness Selati make them nomads  bla bla bla"

Not that you try to implement that the only fights they fought are with some random nomads to which they lose territorry lol This is not downgrading at all (sarcasm on).

"I dont want to be involved into this pointless discussion "who is better" but Mapogos didnt face neither Majingilanes or Selatis as 6..

They where 2 vs 5 Majingilanes and 3 vs 4 Selatis.. Just to be clear.."

Indeed.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(06-28-2020, 04:04 AM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Did kt and mr t not come up against a coalition with 3 or more in their time as a coalition together?  
Excluding majingilane

If it comes to officially raported fights then only Toulons in 2009, but as guide has said they were venturing into KNP and fight there other males so who knows.
1 user Likes Potato's post