There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Poland Djumafan Offline

From Lion  Coalitions & Prides of Sabi Sand FB page:

2 of the 5 Mhangeni Lionesses on the lookout - Dulini Private Game Reserve - Posted:- 24th July 2019

Image By:- @danstevens_wildlife

From Male Lions Of Sabi Sand and Kruger fb page:

Cuteness alert....
The newest addition of Nkuhuma pride at Elephant Plains Game Lodge.

Posted:- 24 July 2019
Image By:- Chade Gelderman Photography 
Credit:- Elephant Plains Game Lodge

6 users Like Djumafan's post

Blondemane Offline

(07-25-2019, 08:39 PM)Potato Wrote: Also there are some cubs with  Torchwood pride (the main pridee, not brokeaway). Intresting whose could that be. Avocas or are there some other males just a bit to the east from northen Sabi Sands? I bet that second option as if that would be Avoca's cubs than I think Torchwood pride would spend more time around Djuma (closeer to Avocas) and would be seen with them... but they have not been seen together.

this pic from past december, north avoca with torchwood lioness. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

" />
1 user Likes Blondemane's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Nope, that is Talamati female, not Torchwod.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

News from western Sabi Sands:
https://www.savannalodge.com/news?fbclid=IwAR0m93pbQfMGWUYq9ylPbmttoLSGaA8xMZmNa9H_XG3Nm5k14s9tAHjcBIk

Ginger is very well recovering from mange as well as Othawa cubs.  Othawa male is looking great, as always :)
3 users Like Potato's post

Blondemane Offline

image uploading website
" />One of the Northern Avoca Males and Torchwood Lionesses fighting over an old impala carcass, that was killed by cape hunting dogs in the dam.

Posted:- 26 Dec 2018
By:- @gameranger_rob
3 users Like Blondemane's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

It looks like you're right. My bad.

Blondemane Offline
Thumbs Up  ( This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 10:18 PM by Blondemane )

not big deal potato... I just hope it is not a problem to put these photos here.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Why puting pictures of lions of Sabi Sands in threed "Lions of Sabi Sands" could be a problem?

Blondemane Offline

because of copyright potato, i hope its not a problem. 

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 04:37 PM by Pckts )

(07-26-2019, 10:30 PM)Blondemane Wrote: because of copyright potato, i hope its not a problem. 

There is no copyright infringement unless one of 3 issues occurs, and since these photos are posted on public pages they're not an invasion of privacy, no one is making a monetary gain from them nor are they painting the photographer in a false light.

For any photographer who'd get upset, they'd have to stop posting their images on public pages, change the privacy setting and so on. But since photographers are usually looking for any recognition for their work they'll usually water mark an image to make sure credit is applied when someone uses their shots.
3 users Like Pckts's post

Blondemane Offline

i  got it Pckts, its kind a win win situation for all... thanks for explaining me.
1 user Likes Blondemane's post

Romania Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Just for the fun... The look is so intense, awesome expression ! Sabi Sand Private Geme Reserve.

2 users Like Spalea's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

From Sabi Sabi:
We headed out on afternoon safari in the hopes of finding some lions. It started off very quiet until we found these two brothers resting on the open plains. They were definitely in no rush to do anything but sleep. The pride now consists of 7 lions with another male having recently joined. The pride did not chase him away and seemingly welcomed him with open paws!

Coalition of 5 in the making :o 
2 users Like Potato's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

From "Ottawa Male Lion" Facebook group:

Mhangeni Pride & Othawa male in the west
The Othawa male stops for a brief photo opportunity in the morning's golden light.
Credits: Alexandra MacLaren
Savanna Private Game Reserve
31 July 2019

[video=facebook]https://www.facebook.com/othawamale2015/videos/478600719629646/?t=15[/video]
3 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Poland Djumafan Offline

Nkuhuma cubs.. scary moment with not happy hippo.. video from last night, Djuma waterhole cam.

Nkuhuma lioness and cubs this morning on sunrise safarilive

2 users Like Djumafan's post