There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Go131810 Offline

(05-23-2024, 07:41 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Talamatis trying to join Nluhumas:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7T9Qe6q6NG

I saw the video. Was it just the Talamatie lioness and the young male Talamatie male lion? I had always thought about the young Talamatie male lion seeing and meeting up with the Talamatie lioness again. I think they would enjoy their company and help each other. The young Talamatie male lion and the young Nukhuma male lion are around the same age?
1 user Likes Go131810's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

So rooting for this Leopard... er... sorry.. Lion!!!!  Grin

4 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Ttimemarti Offline

I believe that might be the nkuhuma breakaways and the nkuhuma pride
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-24-2024, 12:37 AM by Tr1x24 )

(05-23-2024, 09:10 PM)Go131810 Wrote: I saw the video. Was it just the Talamatie lioness and the young male Talamatie male lion? I had always thought about the young Talamatie male lion seeing and meeting up with the Talamatie lioness again. I think they would enjoy their company and help each other. The young Talamatie male lion and the young Nukhuma male lion are around the same age?

Those are actually NK breakaways.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(05-23-2024, 09:32 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: I believe that might be the nkuhuma breakaways and the nkuhuma pride

You are right.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

Khanya is back with a bang, literally!

5 users Like KM600's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-24-2024, 12:51 AM)KM600 Wrote: Khanya is back with a bang, literally!

Oh man, I did not wish to see this, at this juncture. Not to mention, as the post comments, the poor Nkuhumas don't know which way to turn, right now, and could only cause a lot of issues once they do get some stability. We could easily see another Ximungwe situation, where the actual potential father(s) may end up killing cubs, because things like this happened.
4 users Like BA0701's post

(05-24-2024, 01:07 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Oh man, I did not wish to see this, at this juncture. Not to mention, as the post comments, the poor Nkuhumas don't know which way to turn, right now, and could only cause a lot of issues once they do get some stability. We could easily see another Ximungwe situation, where the actual potential father(s) may end up killing cubs, because things like this happened.

I agree, yet I think people are just surprised because it’s happening sooner than expected. Just goes to show as of this very moment, PCMs don’t have a stronghold on the North to the point we can guarantee stability for the Nkuhumas. 

On a personal level, I’m happy to see Khanya coming of age.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-24-2024, 01:16 AM)KM600 Wrote:

I agree, yet I think people are just surprised because it’s happening sooner than expected. Just goes to show as of this very moment, PCMs don’t have a stronghold on the North to the point we can guarantee stability for the Nkuhumas. 

Oh, for sure, I love seeing this out of him at this stage. Shows he isn't just running around, hiding in fear, he's out trying to make his mark. That part of it is great to see!
2 users Like BA0701's post

There simply has to be a showdown soon doesn't there?  The Nkhuma's are the only mating eligible pride at the moment, and you have Skorro and NK messing around in the West, Khanya and the Kambula's messing around in the north (I am very curious still what happens when sister draws Estrus), and the PCM's trying to live in all the worlds.  Sooner or later someone has to get caught right?  The shame of it is, the Nkhuma's will catch the worst of this most likely.

I am also worried about what this means for the Othawa's and Ridge's subs.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-24-2024, 05:08 AM by Mapokser )

Unfortunately this is happening because surprisingly enough the Kambulas are very slow in their psychological development in comparison to the average male.

If they had taken over the north months ago when they ousted the BDM, we would be having stability everywhere.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

( This post was last modified: 05-24-2024, 05:00 AM by KM600 )

(05-24-2024, 01:31 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: There simply has to be a showdown soon doesn't there?  The Nkhuma's are the only mating eligible pride at the moment, and you have Skorro and NK messing around in the West, Khanya and the Kambula's messing around in the north (I am very curious still what happens when sister draws Estrus), and the PCM's trying to live in all the worlds.  Sooner or later someone has to get caught right?  The shame of it is, the Nkhuma's will catch the worst of this most likely.

Technically PCMs possibly abandoning part of the West is good for the Othawas as it’s likely Skorro and Nkuhuma could settle down - neither should be a threat to the lionesses if they pursue this current coalition. Obviously wouldn’t be ideal when they come into estrus and have a need to mate. As for Nkuhuma breakaways, they are in a very tough situation that I don’t think gets affected by any of the male lion dynamics in the area. Would love to see the female join the Othawas and the male go searching for his own partners too but as of right now them being alive and in good condition, especially given their age and their nomadic status, that’s enough. 

The Kambula lioness has already been in estrus and it’s clear the males would willingly mate with her, she’s the one holding back. As for there being a showdown, I agree, someone coalition / male lion is gonna take a heavy beating at some point being in close proximity to so many others. I actually have a feeling BDMs might go back into Manyeleti as we on this topic.

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(05-24-2024, 01:19 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(05-24-2024, 01:16 AM)KM600 Wrote:

Oh, for sure, I love seeing this out of him at this stage. Shows he isn't just running around, hiding in fear, he's out trying to make his mark. That part of it is great to see!

I love it too!!
1 user Likes afortich's post

(05-24-2024, 04:59 AM)KM600 Wrote:
(05-24-2024, 01:31 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: There simply has to be a showdown soon doesn't there?  The Nkhuma's are the only mating eligible pride at the moment, and you have Skorro and NK messing around in the West, Khanya and the Kambula's messing around in the north (I am very curious still what happens when sister draws Estrus), and the PCM's trying to live in all the worlds.  Sooner or later someone has to get caught right?  The shame of it is, the Nkhuma's will catch the worst of this most likely.

Technically PCMs possibly abandoning part of the West is good for the Othawas as it’s likely Skorro and Nkuhuma could settle down - neither should be a threat to the lionesses if they pursue this current coalition. Obviously wouldn’t be ideal when they come into estrus and have a need to mate. As for Nkuhuma breakaways, they are in a very tough situation that I don’t think gets affected by any of the male lion dynamics in the area. Would love to see the female join the Othawas and the male go searching for his own partners too but as of right now them being alive and in good condition, especially given their age and their nomadic status, that’s enough. 

The Kambula lioness has already been in estrus and it’s clear the males would willingly mate with her, she’s the one holding back. As for there being a showdown, I agree, someone coalition / male lion is gonna take a heavy beating at some point being in close proximity to so many others. I actually have a feeling BDMs might go back into Manyeleti as we on this topic.

I thought NK wasn't kind to the Othawa's.  Interesting about the sister.  That would be bad for sure.  She really does need to move on, and I do still hold my belief that she is the reason they aren't already dominating the north.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-24-2024, 04:59 AM)KM600 Wrote:

The Kambula sister has already been in estrus? I have not heard that before, and, honest question, how would anyone know?