There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

NLAL11 Offline

Tristan talks about changing dynamics in the Nharu pride. Seems a daughter and both sons are absent and have been for a week or so (at the time of filming).

Would be great if Red Road's sons linked up with the Orpen boy. They seem to be of a similar age, and three is stronger than two or one.
7 users Like NLAL11's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-08-2024, 06:34 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Tristan talks about changing dynamics in the Nharu pride. Seems a daughter and both sons are absent and have been for a week or so (at the time of filming).

Would be great if Red Road's sons linked up with the Orpen boy. They seem to be of a similar age, and three is stronger than two or one.

1/2 sons, a daughter and another female seen in a different sighting

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

The Mbiris (at least ZZ) back on Tintswalo

Credit:   Vestment

Attached Files Image(s)

T I N O Offline
Moderators

What a beast of male lion! He steal the meal from the Mbiri pride. Hope the smaller-maned Mbiri male is around too.
6 users Like T I N O's post

Mwk85 Offline

RRM (Red Road Male)

On a side note. I saw there was yet another snaring incident that took place in Manyeleti, unfortunate victim was a leopard this time.
7 users Like Mwk85's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-12-2024, 10:32 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: RRM (Red Road Male)

On a side note. I saw there was yet another snaring incident that took place in Manyeleti, unfortunate victim was a leopard this time.

Yes. This time Maribye. Pretty bad too.

I’m thinking snares had something to do w the lost of the two RR sons myself.

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 03:03 AM by Mapokser )

Scar Mbiri in Manyeleti, credits to Vestment, I believe the same sighting mentioned above:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Good to finally see him more consistently in good shape again. I thought it was too early for them to deteriorate since they have been always so healthy despite so many fights and the fact they're just entering old age now at 10.
7 users Like Mapokser's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 03:21 AM by Mapokser )

Here he was seen feeding with 1 Mbiri lioness.

Guide said there were 5 females and one young male. He says ZZ chased the young male with all his mighty but the sub thankfully escaped:

Face-wise here he's looking like the last Skybed male, his half-brother:

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

Eating with the Mbiri pride, same sighting by Vestment:

Mbiris:

Ttimemarti Offline

Aren’t some of these females his sisters?
3 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

I think at least 1 is. But they'd have no bond or even memory of each others as pride mates. Mbiri males left the pride more than 7 years ago.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

How many females in this pride? Thanda impi daughters Mbiri male sisters? Who are the others?
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(04-13-2024, 04:25 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I think at least 1 is. But they'd have no bond or even memory of each others as pride mates. Mbiri males left the pride more than 7 years ago.

Interesting
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

(04-13-2024, 05:31 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: How many females in this pride? Thanda impi daughters Mbiri male sisters? Who are the others?

Currently, 6 adult females- 4 Thanda Impi daughters and two Mbiri males' sisters. 
Now we can add Junior Matimba's daughter since she turned 3 years old three months' ago to total of 7 adult females
Junior the second, male subadult called Solo (born in Feb 2022) and as well as two other subadults (1 male and 1 female, born in Dec 2021)
5 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

(04-13-2024, 07:41 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 04:25 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I think at least 1 is. But they'd have no bond or even memory of each others as pride mates. Mbiri males left the pride more than 7 years ago.

Interesting

Dont forget Big boy mbiri came back and mated with his natal pride after jr's passing. Not sure what came out of that but he didnt stay long because his brother wasnt with him

Maybe the smaller subs could be his?
1 user Likes Robot00's post